Help me choose the game I'll play during easter

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Poll Help me choose the game I'll play during easter (225 votes)

Witcher 3 25%
Persona 5 16%
Burnout Paradise Remastered 8%
Nier: Automata 16%
The Sims 4 2%
Horizon: Zero Dawn 12%
Evil Within 2 2%
UFC 3 0%
Wolfenstein 2 10%
Why not all of them? 10%
Other (Please specify) 0%

Hey people! So, easter is coming up and I am going to my familys cabin, where, between sleeping and overeating, I'll be playing videogames. Problem is, I have way too many games to choose from, and that is where you come in. Which one of these games should I spend all my easter on? I can't play online, so that is not a factor should you choose "Other".

Thanks in advance duders!

• 
meteora3255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By meteora3255

I'm assuming you haven't played any of these before so I went with Witcher 3. As much as I loved Persona and Nier (and even Horizon to a lesser extent) Witcher 3 is the only game on that list that I still get the itch to revisit.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MattGiersoni

All of them are amazing choices, it'd be hard for me to pick something because I loved all of them. (maybe aside from UFC but i'm not a fan of the sport). I'd suggest either Horizon or Witcher 3 since they are fairly similar and quite long which should last you throughout all easter. Witcher is definitely the longest out of all of them, to do 100% you'd probably need 100-200 hours (goty edition). So you could play only Witcher, or in that time you could instead play through 3-4 other games like Horizon, Nier and Wolfenstein, which would probably take you around 100 hours total. Persona 5 is also quite long, around 80-100 hours. Might also pick up Burnout as a sort of a break game from the others, just to chill for a bit, play something without a story or requiring much focus. Sorry for not giving a straight answer, it's too hard for me to choose but I feel like I justified my recommendations! Have fun during Easter, no matter what you're gonna pick, you should be satisfied!

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

These are all pretty lengthy games, so I chose Evil Within 2 b/c you can conceivably finish it in a weekend.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just wallow in the Sims 4. Nothing will be accomplished, but you'll love it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nier is the best game here one would have a reasonable chance of finishing during a break.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked Wolfenstein cause it's a good, finishably-short game from your list.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's a cabin, I'm going to go with The Evil Within 2 because cabin = horror, am I right? Just kidding. If you're in the mountains, I'll choose Horizon Zero Dawn because of snow and wilderness (although The Witcher 3 does that too). If I were to choose out of any of those as to which to spend time with, it'd be either The Witcher 3 or Wolfenstein 2.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@undefined: all the games on your list are extremely long so I voted Evil Within 2 although that’s not a quick romp either. Persona 5 for instance I’m on hour 65 and I think that’s roughly the midpoint.

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I voted Persona 5 just because if you somehow manage to make it to the end it is very appropriate for Easter. That being said there's no way you're finishing that game in one long weekend so maybe Nier or Wolfenstein is a better choice.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Witcher 3 is the only answer.

I love Nier and Wolfenstein, but Witcher 3 outclasses just about anything you can throw at it.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By nicksmi56

Haven't played any of these, but I chose Persona 5 because based on my experience with 4, it's a perfect game to lose yourself in!

bassguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Many good choices, but Nier: Automata is definitely my favorite on that list.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@nutter: I mean in terms of being a good RPG sure. I’d hate to get into one of these discussions, and let me pre-load this by saying I think it’s a really good game, but people placing Witcher 3 on this impossibly high pedestal above all other games always seems odd to me. I’m not saying it can’t be A PERSONS favorite game, but it’s difficult for me to say if Witcher 3 universally outclasses all other games, or like Wolfenstein specifically as they’re incomparable in my eyes - I come to each one for different emotions and experiences. That’s not even getting into the whole big argument about the gameplay of Witcher 3 being kinda stiff and dated by today’s standards (that original release inventory system was kinda rough). So yah it’s a really good game but also a very acquired taste, which is something that hardly ever gets mentioned along with the praise. If you’re into the setting and lore then you’ll very likely really love it wrinkles and all, but if you’re not 100% drinking the Witcher koolaid then some of the small annoyances will grate people down.

Sorry for the whole sidebar, just my own two or 25 cents on the Witcher 3 - once again a game I really enjoyed, but also a game I have a hard time universally recommending without a bunch of caveats. Also an extremely long game.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Persona 5, I am currently planing P3, but I would recommend playing it over a longer period of time than two weeks, it can really burn you out, after the 25 hours you will need a break (I was over 100 when I finished after 10 weeks of playing). My vote is get P5 and Witcher, they are both long and you will not finish either of them quickly but they will keep the you interested.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

I voted for Nier, seems like the best game you could get to a reasonable natural stopping point in the time you potentially have available.

I can't think of something worse than starting something like Witcher or Persona and having to drop it halfway because it's now time to go home.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Sims 4 is fantastic

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolfenstein II is basically one long Christ allegory, so it's definitely the most fitting.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright! Seems like I'll be doing some Witchin' during the easter break. It's downloaded and ready to go, with Persona 5 as a temporary back-up. Thanks everyone!

hyperlexia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you are actually itching for some The Sims any time soon, I seriously recommended skipping The Sims 4 and going for The Sims 3 instead. The difference is black and white in terms of feeling engaged with the game, not just watching animations.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlexia: you are 100% correct. Sims 3 is way better in every way!

JoeDangerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Confused about how you're approaching this. If it's a game you can start and almost finish: you're looking at Evil Within 2 or Wolfenstein 2. Witcher 3, Persona 5, and NieR: Automata are just too long for a few days, despite being great games.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i wouldn't play any of those for short stretches besides burnout, sims, and ufc. You will end up getting nowhere in most of those games as they are 20-100 hrs long respectively.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure what you're playing these on, but the console port of Sims 4 has god awful control that took me a few days of play to learn its quirks. Burnout Paradise is a rad game, but it is less cool when you don't have online.

Wolfenstein 2 is my favorite game from last year, and if you haven't played it, you should definitely check it out. You could probably finish this in a weekend, depending how much time you dedicate to it.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TravisRex

I think im the only person who voted for ufc... theres nothing like fighting someone online with them thinking they can hook combo you over n over only to eat your elbow and collapse like a sack of potatoes. Its glorious. Also, touch gloves, its rude not to. :p

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@travisrex: Ha, I remember similar thoughts when playing Fight Night.

Everyone would throw haymakers, hooks, and uppercuts going for the quick KO. Meanwhile...you just box. Jab, block, sometimes evade, and throw power hits when the opportunity presents itself.