Help me decide which is my next 360 game to play.

ez3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ez3c

Good Afternoon,

I am new to Giant Bomb and a first time poster here in the forums. I apologize in advance if im in the wrong location....

SO.... I want input on which game I should play next. I prefer single player experiences, no RPGs and multiplayer means nothing to me. When I start a game i complete it no matter how bad. Below are a list of games I have completed and are considering next. Im open for buying a new game based on your recommendations. I enjoy survival horror and anything with a good, engaging story. Im also looking for any underrated or overlooked gems.

Completed:

1. Alan Wake
  2. Assassins Creed 1 & 2
  3. Batman Arkham Asylum & City
  4. Bulletstorm
  5. COD > World at War & Black Ops
  6. Castlevania LOS
  7. Child of Eden
  8. Darksiders
  9. Dead Space 1 & 2
  10. Deus EX HR
  11. DMC 4
  12. Fable II
  13. Ghostbusters
  14. Halo 3, ODST, CE Anniversary
  15. Mirrors Edge
  16. Orange Box
  17. Portal 2
  18. Sonic Generations
  19. XBLA > Alan Wake American Nightmare, Beyond Good 7 Evil, Insanely Twisted SP > Limbo > Shadow Complex

Considering Playing: ( this is were recommendations would be much appreciated

1. Alice Madness Returns ( I heard its about 20hr long and kinda repetitive)
  2. AC: Brotherhood ( kinda burned out on AC, but open to this series again )
  3. Bayonetta
  4. Condemned
  5. Crysis 2
  6. Deadly Premoniton
  7. Enslaved
  8. Shadows of the Damned ( i didnt care for Dante's inferno and Im skeptical of this game too )
  9. Silent Hill Homecoming
  10. Tron Evolution
SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SexyToad

Welcome to the site duder! I am SexyToad the sexiest! I would say to play Assassin's creed brotherhood. I just finished playing it and I enjoyed it. Just make sure you played Assassin's creed 2

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Getz

...Shadows of the Damned is nothing like Dante's Inferno. One is a shooter and the other is a beat-em-up

Play Condemned.

saethir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By saethir

I really enjoyed Alice: Madness Returns. You should give it a shot.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Bayonetta is my favourite out of those, although if you didn't enjoy Dante's Inferno (which I'm assuming is to do with not liking character action games in general rather than the execution of that one inparticular) then it may not be for you after all. I'd say the same thing about Alice: Madness Returns too.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By xyzygy

Bayonetta. That game is seriously awesome. Play on the hardest difficulty too, it's not a very hard game on Normal or even the next highest up.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Peanut

Play Enslaved. Incredibly under-appreciated game. Whatever you do don't play Brotherhood if you're burned out on the series. I did and I feel like it's done irreparable damage to the way I feel about Assassin's Creed, which I had previously enjoyed a lot.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@EvilNiGHTS said:

Bayonetta is my favourite out of those, although if you didn't enjoy Dante's Inferno (which I'm assuming is to do with not liking character action games in general rather than the execution of that one inparticular) then it may not be for you after all. I'd say the same thing about Alice: Madness Returns too.

I think that is a silly thing to say. Bayonetta is nothing like Dante's inferno. He has completed DMC4 so I assume he likes that style of game.

If you did like DMC4 you should defiantly play Bayonetta. It takes those gameplay concepts and makes a far better game.

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By OldGuy

I'm going to have to say Enslaved, Shadows of the Damned and Bayonetta. In that order (you gotta work your way up to the insanity that is Bayonetta)...

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello and welcome to the site! You've come to the right place (or atleast I think).

Based on your recommendation of "I enjoy survival horror and anything with a good, engaging story. Im also looking for any underrated or overlooked gems", might I suggest Spec Ops: The Line? It's an underrated game with a fantastic story that will trigger a vast array of emotions.

You should check out Jeff's review on the site to see if it's the right game for you.

http://www.giantbomb.com/spec-ops-the-line/61-29445/reviews/

My brief opinion: I really enjoyed the game but it is very single player centric and has a very short campaign (8-12 hours, depending). Because of this there is a huge value proposition and it's entirely up to you if you want to shell out 40-45 dollars for a day or two's worth of "engaging storyline".

If it's not the next 360 game you play, I would definitely make it a future game you should play - at least once the price drops a bit.

ez3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ez3c

I didnt particularly enjoy the execution of Dante's Inferno. I do however like God of War style games. Bayonetta is well reviewed and has come recommended before.

Any games not on my list that you all would recommend.

A little background: I was a long time PC gamer and hadn't touched a console since the Playstation 1. I gave up multiplayer games as it was consuming my time too much

I received an Xbox 360 for Christmas last year and Im falling back in love with consoles. At this point I know im missing out on many classics and Im really open to anything. Not a RPG fan as I cannot devote enought time to completing them.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Sambambo

Have you considered The Darkness and The Darkness 2?

Both can be picked up very cheap, and I enjoyed them both more than anything on your list.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By confusedowl

@ez3c: Red Dead Redemption is a really good game with a great story and has an interesting setting that really isn't used as much as it should be.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By deathbyyeti

Ive been trying to play Bayonetta but I just cant get into it. I think it may be because Ive played plenty of character action games and it doesnt really stand out

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By NoobSauceG7

If you like the God of War style of action game along with big open world, loot and zelda like dungeon structures, you should play darksiders 2. I am playing through it now and love it! I didn't like the first one that much, liked the puzzles but thought the combat was kinda boring but with the second one it is a much faster pace along with the loot system which encourages trying different combinations of weapons and armors. I recommend it.

Wesker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wesker411

Bayonetta +1000

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

Crysis 2 is a fantastic linear shooter.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mano521

id go with condemned out of those

ez3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ez3c

In no particular order the 5 games I considering now are:

1. Bayonetta

2. Condemned

3. Enslaved ( with Pigsy DLC for 3d.... never played a 3d game before and I do own a 3d tv )

4. Red Dead Redemption ( do not currently own )

5. Spec Ops: the line

I appreciate all of the suggestions. Awesome community here!!!!! look forward to learning about what ive been missing!

mattschwabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mattschwabby

@ez3c: Bioshock without a doubt. A game that everyone NEEDS to experience at least once.

Beyond that, LA Noire, GTA IV, Resident Evil 5

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lukeweizer

Enslaved or Condemned.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#22  Edited By musubi

Bayonetta is one of the best games this generation. Play that for gods sake!

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bane122

I'd easily put Bayonetta, Deadly Premonitions, and Enslaved above any of those other titles, AC's great but given your note on it I'd hold off for now.

Those first three games are some of the best this generation and think you'd greatly enjoy any of them. Well, in the case of DP, perhaps know what you're getting into before starting it. You have to be in the right mindset to appreciate that one.

All that said, my personal favorite is Bayonetta.

orshick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By orshick

If you want something with a pretty kickass story, it's hard to think of something better than The Darkness. Amazing stuff there.