Help me find a game for my niece

HomeMadeTshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I introduced my niece to video games by loaning her my old Wii. Today I got a phone call that she has borrowed Disney Princess: Enchanted Journey or something like it at the library and now wants me to find her something else to play.

Or, as she put it: She wants "a game where you talk to people and they give you missions".

Since that is just about every game ever made I might need some help narrowing things down. What should I recommend?

(She has also played Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Paper Mario and liked those. She's seven and doesn't know english, but seems to be able to figure stuff out anyway.)

Avatar image for securityguruguy
SecurityGuruGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@homemadetshirt: If she likes disney, you could try Epic Mickey, or there is a series of Sims games called "My Sims" for the Wii that are cute and are made up mostly of people asking you to help them do stuff using the Wii mote as a magic wand kind of. My wife and I own one....don't remember which but we liked it. Also there is a Wii Disney Universe game that is like a precursor to Infinity without you having to buy toys. Instead you unlock outfits in the game that give you powers of different Disney characters. Should be able to find these cheap.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Okami?

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GameCube)

Superb game from top to bottom, playable on Wii because the Wii can play GameCube games, and features fun people to talk to who give you missions.

Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii)

A good adventure-platformer with pirates and a playful sense of humor.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GameCube)

Great action-adventure game, attractive art style, colorful characters to talk to who give you missions. (However, the Wii U version is a bit superior.)

Beyond Good and Evil (GameCube)

Decent action-adventure game, the journalism vs authoritarianism story might be a little dry to one so young, but has a likable female protagonist.

The Last Story (Wii)

If you want to try a more full-fledged RPG than Paper Mario, this is a fine option; features a Final Fantasy-esque knights-and-princesses adventure alongside a light romantic storyline with a happy ending.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Lego Batman 1&2

Lego Indiana Jones

Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga

Lego Harry Potter 1 -4, 5-7

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Zack &Wiki: Quest for Barbaros

Mario Galaxy 1&2

DeBlob 2

Crash of the Titans

Lego Lord of the Rings

Toy Story 3

Endless Ocean 2 Adventures of the Deep

Pokepark Wii Pikachu's Adventure

Sonic Colors

Hope you find something good. ? On mobile oh well.

Avatar image for finnianwhitefir
FinnianWhitefir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abby talks up those Nancy Drew games, and honestly when my niece was pretty young I fired one up and she really liked it. We played through together for a few, but as she grew up she would mostly play and I'd help a little. The newer ones are way more UI-friendly and I wouldn't suggest going back to the first ones anymore. You also have to carefully curate them as some can be super-scary to a little kid. I think she super appreciated that it was a girl main character solving things.

HomeMadeTshirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh, thanks everyone! Lots of good suggestions! Including some that I've played myself but forgotten about/forgot that they were available on Wii, so thanks for that reminder too. :)

The Mario and Zelda games are given, obviously, but I'd forgotten that the Gamecube games work on Wii too. That's another bunch that I can dig out of storage for her.