Here's Every Trailer From Nintendo Direct June 2024 - Metroid Prime 4 Is Real And Xbox Catches Random Strays

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Well, you got me Nintendo. You finally did it. You put a goddamn release date on Metroid Prime 4: Beyond. I can't even lie, this was a short but excellent Nintendo Direct that undeniably makes me confident about the future of the Switch even with the looming specter of a Switch 2 always present. Also included are a bunch of Mario-led titles, Switch ports, and highly anticipated remasters and remakes for the Switch and/or other consoles.

If there is one major "loser" from this Nintendo Direct, it absolutely has to be Microsoft and third-party support for Xbox. The number of third-party games that were announced here and are essentially "multiplatform," but skipping any release on the Xbox Series X/S is simply shocking.

Mario & Luigi: Brothership

• What Is It? -"The bond between brothers has never been stronger! Set sail for an island-hopping adventure with the Mario Bros. in Mario & Luigi: Brothership!" Otherwise, it is the first new entry in the Mario & Luigi franchise in over a decade. This will be the first game not developed by AlphaDream Corporation, Ltd. as they filed for bankruptcy and the series hiatus isn't too surprising as at one point Miyamoto questioned why there was a need for two Mario-based RPGs.
  • Release Date - November 7th, 2024

Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition

• What Is It? -"Take on over 150 speedrunning challenges, face off against the best times of players of different skill levels in Survival Mode, and put your skills to the ultimate test in Legend Challenges from across 13 NES games when Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition arrives on Nintendo Switch July 18, 2024!"
  • Release Date - July 18, 2024

Fairy Tail 2

• What Is It? -"The final battle of FAIRY TAIL begins this winter on Nintendo Switch! Experience the final battle of Natsu and his friends in an epic, action RPG! This new game depicts the final chapter of the original work like only KOEI TECMO and GUST can deliver." Hey, it is an anime tie-in that is not an arena fighter! Thank merciful CHRIST! The game looks average at best and I don't really care about Fairy Tail, but hey, the spells and moves look flashy enough. I'm reading from another source "take place during the Alvarez arc of the anime and manga" so maybe that means something to you.
  • Release Date - "This Winter"

Fantasian Neo Dimension

• What Is It? -"Experience an enhanced version of FANTASIAN Neo Dimension, with brand new features including English and Japanese voice overs and an additional difficulty option. Assume the role of Leo, as he journeys to recover his memories and solve the mystery of a strange mechanical infection destroying his world. Experience an original and modern take on the beloved turn-based battle system, with a wealth of unique mechanics and strategic combat that shake up the classic RPG formula, and explore a multi-dimensional universe come to life set against the backdrop of over 150 charming hand-crafted dioramas." HELL YES! Fantasian has been one of the more underrated works of Hironobu Sakaguchi given it was stuck on mobile and one of the best JRPGs in recent memory. They did make the point with this announcement that it would be an enhanced port, which suggests that the mobile trappings are being removed in favor of a more orthodox roleplaying game structure. Also, this game is multiplatform and coming out for everything.
  • Release Date - "Holiday 2024"

Mio: Memories in Orbit

What Is It? - "MIO: Memories in Orbit is a 2D adventure RPG set in the Vessel, a gigantic spaceship drifting in space for mysterious reasons. Play the android MIO and explore this decaying and mesmerizing world, overgrown with machines gone rogue." A painterly action RPG that definitely gives Ori and the Blind Forest vibes. This game is also multiplatform and will be releasing on PS4, PS, Xbox Series X/s, and PC.

Release Date - 2025

Nintendo Switch Sports: Basketball Is Coming

• What Is It? -"Basketball is being added as a free update to Nintendo Switch Sports! Local and Online play: 2v2 matches using motion controls. Local play: Solo Three-Point Challenge & Five-Streak Battle." I always considered it bizarre that basketball was not included at launch, but it's finally coming! You can finally play basketball in Nintendo Switch Sports! That announcement goes out to all of you dads watching this Nintendo Direct.
  • Release Date - Summer 2024

Hello Kitty Island Adventure

• What Is It? -"Embark on a cozy adventure with Hello Kitty and Friends to explore and restore a mysterious island. Get to know super cute and friendly faces like Hello Kitty, Kuromi, and Cinnamoroll as you learn what they love, adventure alongside them, and eventually become best friends. Cook delicious dishes, solve ancient puzzles, and decorate cabins to bring along new visitors and create your ultimate island paradise."
  • Release Date - "Early 2025

Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports

• What Is It? -"Looney Tunes: Wacky World of Sports is heading to Nintendo Switch on this Fall! Avoid wacky obstacles and gain power-ups to incite chaos against your friends & family as you play as your favorite Looney Tunes character in 4 classic sports: Basketball, Soccer, Golf, and Tennis!" So, you made Nintendo Switch Sports but worse? Are the Looney Tunes relevant to kids anymore? I feel like the only people who got upset about the death of Coyote vs. ACME were people our age.
  • Release Date - Fall 2024

Among Us: Free Update

• What Is It? -"Prep the airlock and join your Crewmates in a multiplayer game of teamwork and betrayal in Among Us! All new Roles (Noisemaker, Tracker, and Phantom) add another layer of deception - out now on Nintendo Switch!" Called "Update v2024.6.18" these new roles apply to virtually all versions of of Among Us.
  • Release Date - OUT NOW

Farmagia

• What Is It? -"Command your monster army as you adventure through the dangerous lands of Felicidad in Farmagia, coming to Nintendo Switch on November 1, 2024!" A monster-taming and farming game with an anime-like art style as the character designs are from Fairy Tail creator, Hiro Mashima. The big buzz with this game isn't the trailer shown at Nintendo Direct, but the fact the listed platforms are "PS5, Switch, and PC" with no plans for an Xbox version.
  • Release Date - November 1st, 2024

Donkey Kong Country Returns

• What Is It? -"Originally released on the Wii system, Donkey Kong Country Returns HD is barreling onto #NintendoSwitch January 16th! Enjoy 80 levels, including the additional levels from the Nintendo 3DS version, and join up with a buddy for 2-player local co-op!" It's an HD remaster of the Wii game for Switch. I guess I'm slightly surprised this isn't one of those Wii-to-Switch combo packs where they give you more than one game for the price of one, but I might be greedy. It should be interesting to see Fuwamoco play this at some point.
  • Release Date - January 16th, 2025

Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake & Dragon Quest I & II HD-2D Remake

• What Is It? -"HD-2D remakes draws near! Command? Travel through vast worlds and discover where the legendary DRAGON QUEST franchise began with the stunning DRAGON QUEST III HD-2D remake and the newly announced DRAGON QUEST I & II HD-2D Remake!!" This game was an absolute production nightmare for Square Enix behind the scenes. After teasing this at a different Nintendo Direct years ago, it has been nothing but radio silence. Don't get me wrong, this game looks absolutely stunning and the idea of taking the Octopath engine and using it to modernize the look and feel of Dragon Quest III is excellent. Still, what happened to cause this to take so long to make? Maybe it is the surprise that they are also doing Dragon Quest I and II, but you could have released the HD-2D version of III and then begun work on a 1 & 2 project afterwards.
  • Release Date - Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake: November 14th, 2024; Dragon Quest I & II HD Remake: 2025

Funko Fusion

• What Is It? -"Funko Fusion is coming to Nintendo Switch on September 13, 2024! Celebrate your favorite franchises from across TV, film, comics, and games in Funko Fusion. Explore diverse and colorful worlds, solve puzzles, and relive memorable moments from over 20 worlds of entertainment. Unlock and play with over 60 unique characters in an action game that is filled with uniquely authentic, irreverent humor from the creative minds of 10:10 Games."
  • Release Date - September 13th, 2024

The New Denpa Men

• What Is It? -"DENPA MEN is a small creature that uses these radio waves as its home. You can't see them with the naked eye, but you can find them and catch them using THE NEW DENPA MEN. THE NEW DENPA MEN is an RPG where you can adventure with such people as your friends. Unlike other RPGs, your adventure companions aren't in the game, they're all around you!" Considering the first Denpa Men played around with AR and the 3DS's 3D stuff, I wonder if there's anything to a more straightforward Denpa Men thing.
  • Release Date - July 22nd, 2024

Metal Slug Attack Reloaded

• What Is It? -"METAL SLUG, the classic action shooter, retains its detailed 2D pixel look and is now a tower defense game with beginner-friendly controls! Use all sorts of strategies to crush enemy bases! The game also features “ANOTHER STORY”, which fans won't want to miss, and “GALLERY” Mode. Battle it out with players all over the world for the highest title!"
  • Release Date - OUT NOW

Disney Illusion Island – Mystery in Monoth Update

• What Is It? -"Curious clues are popping up across Monoth, and Dash Dolphin needs your help to find them. Locate clues, close cases, and solve this brand-new detective mystery." This is a free update.
  • Release Date - OUT NOW!

Darkest Dungeon II

• What Is It? -"Darkest Dungeon II is a rogue-lite turn-based road trip of the damned. Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert an apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within..." And here's the second example of a multiplatform game announcing a Switch release along with PS4 and PS5 releases, but no word on an Xbox port. That's... not good for Microsoft.
  • Release Date - July 15th, 2024

Marvel vs Capcom Fighting Collection

• What Is It? -"Gonna take you for a ride back to the arcades with MARVEL vs. CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics! 7 legendary games, all in one Super Heroic collection, coming to Nintendo Switch this year. X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM, MARVEL SUPER HEROES, X-MEN VS. STREET FIGHTER, MARVEL SUPER HEROES vs. STREET FIGHTER, MARVEL vs. CAPCOM CLASH OF SUPER HEROES, MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 2 New Age of Heroes, and THE PUNISHER." I had to look this up because the inclusion of that Punisher game seemed like the odd one out, but it turns out it is the only other Marvel game that runs on CPS. MvC2 ran on NAOMI, which is why it got ported to Dreamcast first and isn't a part of this. Also, this is NOT coming out for Xbox!
  • Release Date - 2024

Phantom Brave: The Lost Hero

• What Is It? -"Each stage of this colorful RPG adventure offers a gridless tactical turn-based challenge. Utilize the "Confine" system to recruit Phantoms, binding them to objects on the map for unique advantages. Unleash potent attacks with "Confine," merging Phantoms with cannons and other Gadgets. When all else fails, execute Marona's special "Confriend" ability for show-stopping abilities that will turn the tide of battle!"
  • Release Date - 2025

Super Mario Party Jamboree

• What Is It? -"Get ready to visit an enormous island resort for a party…a Mario Party! The biggest Mario Party yet, Super Mario Party Jamboree launches on Nintendo Switch October 17th! Take on over 110 minigames, 7 game boards (5 new boards and 2 returning boards), and join up to 20 players head-to-head online in Koopathlon mode!" I like Mario Party, but the idea of playing a game of Mario Party, even in its current form, with 20 players sounds like torture. Everything is going to take forever. GAWD! Can we get Dan to play this with staff NOW?!
  • Release Date - October 17th, 2024

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom

• What Is It? -"It's up to Princess Zelda to save Hyrule in a brand-new The Legend of Zelda story." GAWD! This game looks INCREDIBLE! Whether it be the simple particle effects or the fluid environmental transitions, this game just looks amazing.
  • Release Date - September 26th, 2024

LEGO Horizon Adventures

• What Is It? -"Get ready for a new adventure with the world of Horizon…in LEGO form! Join machine hunter Aloy on a quest to save the world from an ancient evil. Bring a friend to join you in 2-player local or online co-op when LEGO® Horizon Adventures™ launches on Nintendo Switch this holiday." I agree with Jeff Grubb about how I feel about the Horizon games. Also, I guess this is the least surprising of the "everything but Xbox" multiplatform games from this considering it is partially owned by Sony, but still...
  • Release Date - Holiday 2024

Stray

• What Is It? -"Stray is coming to Nintendo Switch this Holiday 2024! Lost, alone and separated from family, a stray cat must untangle an ancient mystery to escape a long-forgotten cybercity and find their way home."
  • Release Date - Holiday 2024

Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game

• What Is It? - "From Wētā Workshop, known for their work in the film industry, comes Tales of the Shire: A The Lord of the Rings Game, a Hobbit life sim set in the Middle-earth universe of J.R.R. Tolkien. Coming this Holiday to Nintendo Switch."
  • Release Date - "This Holiday"

Just Dance 2025

• What Is It? -"Just Dance 2025 Edition is coming to Nintendo Switch this October! Whether you want to take the party to a whole new level, exercise while having fun, or create special family moments, Just Dance 2025 Edition has something for everyone, with 40 hot new songs, from pop hits to family favorites!"
  • Release Date - October 2024

The Hundred Line: Last Defense Academy

• What Is It? -"Takumi Sumino has a unique requirement at the Last Defense Academy. Defend the school from hostile student enemies for 100 days! Help Takumi survive this 100-day trial in The Hundred Line -Last Defense Academy-, launching on Nintendo Switch early next year." It really is incredible how Kadoka continues to milk the Danganronpa cow without making Danganronpa. At first I did not know what this game was or would be like, and then I saw the faces of the characters and knew immediately who made this. But sure, why not make a (Not) Danganronpa Tactics game.
  • Release Date - "Early 2025"

Ace Attorney Investigations Collection

• What Is It? -"EUREKA! Miles Edgeworth moves beyond the courtroom and straight to the crime scene in the Ace Attorney Investigations Collection! Featuring two remastered titles – Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth and Western debut of Ace Attorney Investigations 2: Prosecutor’s Gambit!" I guess the leaks for this one were true. Also, Capcom is releasing this game on Xbox but NOT Marvel vs. Capcom? WILD!
  • Release Date - September 6th, 2024

Romancing SaGa 2: Revenge of the Seven

• What Is It? -"Furious that mankind has forgotten their many sacrifices, the legendary Seven Heroes have returned as villains bent on revenge. As legions of monsters swarm the world, defend your legacy across successive generations as the ruler of the Varennes Empire. To prosper and ensure longevity, an empire must be built. With a devoted Royal Court overseeing the economy, technology, city construction, and magic, you can safeguard your empire's future for your descendants. The Free-form Scenario system offers a vast array of story experiences in response to your choices, and with the Imperial Succession system, you can select your main character from many playable protagonists to cultivate and expand your legacy, passing down powers, skills, and secrets to the next generation."
  • Release Date - October 24th, 2024

Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

• What Is It? - I will openly admit that I am not a fan of the Metroid Prime games, but I'm happy to see Metroid Prime fans finally be at peace. The gameplay they did show in this announcement trailer looks good and feels what you would want from one of these games. Between this and Metroid Dread, maybe Metroid games just are cursed to take longer to make.
  • Release Date - 2025

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

These strays are not random at all. This direct was very heavy on Japanese games and games on genres like RPG that have traditionally not been strong on Xbox and often skipped it. The Capcom fighting collection skipping is a little bit rough, but Darkest Dungeon 1 didn't launch on Xbox in the first round of console ports.

Honestly other than the Capcom fighting collection these are all games that I would have been unsurprised to see not launch on Xbox day and date in like 2015. Xbox has long had a problem attracting certain types of third parties including Japanese companies and indies (they REALLY bungled the last years of Xbox Live Arcade and let Sony lap them there) and while it hasn't gotten better I'm not sure it's significantly worse.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

New Phantom Brave. Holy shit, I want to buy the person who okayed that a drink. Of all the weird games to get a sequel n 2024, yessssss, please.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4 ZombiePie  Staff

These strays are not random at all. This direct was very heavy on Japanese games and games on genres like RPG that have traditionally not been strong on Xbox and often skipped it. The Capcom fighting collection skipping is a little bit rough, but Darkest Dungeon 1 didn't launch on Xbox in the first round of console ports.

Honestly other than the Capcom fighting collection these are all games that I would have been unsurprised to see not launch on Xbox day and date in like 2015. Xbox has long had a problem attracting certain types of third parties including Japanese companies and indies (they REALLY bungled the last years of Xbox Live Arcade and let Sony lap them there) and while it hasn't gotten better I'm not sure it's significantly worse.

Blaming things on this being a Japanese event doesn't explain everything. Xbox has actually made considerable progress with its relationship with Sega/Atlus and Square Enix with both putting a lion's share of their titles on Game Pass day one. I'm not ready to say their relationships in Japan have soured due to the Tango closure though. Over on Twitter, someone pointed out that the issue might be architectural as reported by Windows Central:

We saw a suggestion from Jawmuncher on Twitter (X) that Capcom's MT Framework engine is to blame for the recent spate of Xbox omissions. Our sources indicate that this is correct. Right now, Capcom has no pipeline for porting older MT Framework titles to Xbox's modern ERA system, which makes it more expensive to deliver the same titles than it would porting them to PlayStation 4, Switch, or PC. Perhaps Microsoft could step in to lend a hand here? We can only hope.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zombiepie: That may be the cause for the Capcom game, but it actually strengthens my point. If that's why games are skipping Xbox then it's not random but a result of Xbox's bad relationship with a lot of Japanese publishers during the Xbox One era, rather than anything new.

My point is this is a longstanding problem (both the lack of Japanese support, which has improved somewhat recently, and the fact that indies tend to skip Xbox unless they launch on everything.) It was made clearer here because of the games that happened to be presented. When Directs have more Western AA heavy lineups a lot more of the games tend to come to Xbox.

This is just a lineup that exposed some very longstanding weaknesses that Xbox has worked to improve but has not yet come close to fully fixing.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ace Attorney Investigations 2 finally getting an official release is great and doubly great because Capcom is finally out of Ace Attorney games to remaster and will now have to make new ones.

The bevy of Mario RPGs is great and doubly great because there is finally hope that Nintendo is willing to right the Paper Mario ship.

apewins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're just at a point where every JRPG ever made is on the Switch. If I cared more about that genre than I do, I'd likely be ecstatic.

New Mario & Luigi and a new Zelda (or should we call it The Legend of Link to be consistent) look interesting but I'm still treating them as relatively low-effort end-of-generation products. Doesn't mean that they'll be bad but I'm not expecting much.

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD... I usually take the position that every port that makes a game more accessible is good and you don't have to buy it if you don't want it. But even if it sells at $40 I really don't see the value proposition there. It's a throwback platformer and there's plenty of them on the market. They really needed to bundle the two DKCR games into one package to make me interested, but maybe they'll do that on the Switch 2 then.

Metroid Prime 4 is great to have as a proof-of-life finally. The trailer didn't do much for me but that's probably just marketing reasons that they needed to make an action trailer rather than an exploration trailer. Looking forward to seeing more of it. But the big question still is if it's a cross-gen title that's better on the Switch 2. Meanwhile I'm getting increasingly worried about the lack of Metroid Prime 2 Remastered.

styx971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i'm suprised at what a solid seeming showing direct this was considering we're on the verge of a new system

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By AV_Gamer

I agree with Jeff Gertsmann. The standout to me was the first actual Legend of Zelda game, where you play as Zelda. Too bad, it's not the take no prisoners Zelda from the second CDi game, where she was straight murdering her opps after they kidnapped Link. I also like that the art style is the same as Links Awakening. I hope the game won't have the same framerate issues that one did. Then again, with a new Switch on the way, it might not matter. Clearly, this game is meant to test the waters and see if Zelda fans are really ready for a game starring Zelda. Hopefully, it sells well enough to satisfy them.

And I also hope Capcom's Verses collection sells well, so we might be able to finally get Marvel Vs Capcom 4 to make up for the disaster that was Infinite.

Metroid Prime 4, which is supposed to be the big reveal at the end, didn't get me hype. First of all, I'm more of a 2D Metroidvania guy, which is why I'm glad we got Dread. The helmet ship they showed Samus in was kind of crappy, hopefully that was just some skin and not her actual ship. And after all these years, just showing a little gameplay and not really going into it was a missed opportunity. I'm still going to play it, because why not? But it will be on the new Switch, not the old one.

wollywoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wollywoo

I'm pretty excited for Echoes of Wisdom. It looks like a breath of fresh air for the (2D) series, with Zelda as the protagonist (finally) and the new Echo mechanic which looks like it could be a lot of fun.

I'm not sure what to think about Prime 4. It looks pretty good and I have a certain amount of faith in what Nintendo and Retro can do, since they've had very consistent quality throughout the Switch's lifespan. But if it wasn't Metroid, I'd say it's a little... generic? I want to see some hint at a new gameplay mechanic, while this just looks like more of Prime 1. There's also a part of me that's disappointed we can't see what this would look like on PS5-level hardware. Anyway, I'll take a wait and see approach. It's good to see that it's alive.

Edit: is it just me or does Prime 4's logo look a lot like a black hole? Hoping for some black hole shenanigans.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here's my hot take- i think the only game that slightly moved the needle for me was that MvC collection (which i'll end up buying on PC or PS5 anyway). i don't even really play those games, but as a fan of sprites with too many frames of animation- i feel obligated to show my support.

otherwise i'm generally a Zelda skeptic (despite being in the prime target demo for that stuff)- and i was hoping for that Wind Waker port since i've never played it.

instead we got a new title (cool!) riffing on an existing aesthetic (mmmkay) that seems to be a puzzle game (uh-huh) that will likely involve a lot of menu management (oh jeez). and it stars Zelda (welcome to 2024, Nintendo).

i don't mean to yuck anyone's yum- but without some sort of built-in affection for the franchise- that Zelda seems like a pleasant surprise, but also kinda sorta pedestrian.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime 4's not so much about hype as it is about relief. We're talking years between announcement to a mere gameplay trailer. A 2025 date still seems tentative but it does show a confidence that, come hell or high water, this game gets finished.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@sparky_buzzsaw: I watched that Phantom Brave trailer, and until seeing your post just now, I assumed it was just an HD rerelease of the original PS2 game with some nonsense new subtitle.

Why did it take like 20 years to get a sequel, and why does it so believably look like a PS2 game? Is this game a cult favourite amongst NIS fans? I’m so baffled.

LyndBako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zelda just being the LTTP map AGAIN has honestly killed any interest I had in the game. Give me something new

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chamurai

I'm excited for most of the same stuff but I'm most excited for a Zelda that finally has a jump button. What was the last one to have one? Link's Adventure?

Edit: I mean, I know Link jumps in BotW and Tears but I meant in like the 2D Zelda's.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@bisonhero: This is purely a guess but I have to wonder if the Prinny Presents re-releases from a couple years ago wasn't testing sequel potential for some of their old franchises. And if that's the case, then I'm gonna need every gamer in existence to buy a dozen copies of ZHP.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By wchigo

To be pedantic, technically Metroid Prime 4 didn't get a release date so much as a release year. ;)

But overall a pretty good direct, even if not all of it hit it out of the park for me. The biggest thing for me was the surprise new Legend of Zelda game, which seems like a fantastic idea and something that really surprised me as having heard nothing about it until I saw it in the direct.

The next biggest thing for me personally was the Miles Edgeworth collection. I'm a big mark for the Ace Attorney games as I own all the games on DS and 3DS (sadly none of the 3DS games got physical releases in the west, so those I own digitally whereas the others I have the physical carts). Originally bought the AA trilogy digitally on Switch, then eventually double dipped and got the physical version when I bought the Japanese double pack of AA trilogy and Great AA Chronicles. I will definitely pick this up, and I love the fact that they included a version where you can play with the original pixel art.

Otherwise Brothership looked cool, but probably not something I'll get right as release as I'm still trying to find time to work through 2 RPGs I have in the oven (Paper Mario TTYD Remake and FF7 Rebirth), and I'll probably pick up the Capcom Collection at some point just to add my support to all the people who never thought MvC2 would ever see the light of day again and hopefully Disney will see that and allow Capcom to maybe make an MvC4 someday.

Oh, and if it's F2P, I'll definitely try Hello Kitty Island Adventure. It still tickles me pink that what was essentially a joke in a South Park episode has actually become a real game. And while I'm alright with Hello Kitty, I really like a lot of other Sanrio characters (Tuxedo Sam, Pochacco, Bad Badtz-Maru, etc.) so it'll be cool to see them in a vidja game.