Hey Bombers You Should Play Moirai (on steam)

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GhostPantsu

It will only take 8 minutes and it is pretty interesting. It is a simple first person adventure game. Post what happens to you. Also, it is free.

gamehaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't actually reveal the kind of game this is in the "you should play this" thread

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

People should play this.

GorillaBandito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really interesting, short but as it's free everyone should pick it up.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Definitely worth a shot! Simple, yet clever idea.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just played it. Quite an interesting concept

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I wont take no orders from no stranger!

BicycleHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone's wondering, it's not a horror game

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By odinsmana

It`s pretty neat.

Spoilers: I haven`t gotten the email yet so maybe I will get an answer then, but do you guys know if there is anything to the things like the hole with the shiny thing or the book room?

Willza92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: you monster.

People should really check this out, it's super short and free and very interesting.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By StarvingGamer

@odinsmana: I imagine the names in the book are the names of other players? Maybe ones that got got? The hole is where the husband hid the gold nugget I believe.

EDIT: Oh yeah and totally play it

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer: That makes sense. I had kinda already forgotten the whole thing about the gold nugget :P. Not the most memorable story, but a neat gimmick/trick. Thanks!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pangs of regret hit me as I was stopped on my way out, but then I remembered that weirdo I stabbed on the way in definitely had it coming.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Zevvion

Shit, this is a real fucking interesting game.

As for what happened in mine: My encounter with the previous player said he had blood on his overalls to 'kill a monster' had a knife because 'to kill the monster' and he did 'nothing'. I thought it was freaky as fuck, but not enough to murder someone over so I let him go. I realized what this game was as soon as the woman spat blood on me. Real crazy hook.

As for what I did: I wrote I had blood on my overalls because: 'a woman wanted me to kill her but I refused and she spat blood on me', I had a knife because 'it was given to me' and I did 'nothing, I refused to kill her'. I feel like what I wrote, if the next player is smart, should foreshadow him what the game is.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Bollard

I agree, everyone should try it. It's novel. Spoilers ahead:

I am a bit disappointed I made a mistake... I didn't realise you would get to choose more than one option from the list when you met the bloody farmer. Without even asking a question I let the farmer pass. I want to know what their answers were to the questions! Now I will never know. What a unique little game. Built tension well too.

Unrelated question, game's release date on Steam is 2013. Howcome the surge in reviews this week and this thread?

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I had been more clever. For some reason, on my way out I just repeated what the guy told me on the way in. I thought that was the point. It only occurred to me afterwards that I could have said anything I wanted to.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I wish I had been more clever. For some reason, on my way out I just repeated what the guy told me on the way in. I thought that was the point. It only occurred to me afterwards that I could have said anything I wanted to.

I did the exact same thing and I'm not sure why. I hope it catches on though

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 85

@bollard said:

Unrelated question, game's release date on Steam is 2013. Howcome the surge in reviews this week and this thread?

From the game's Steam forum:

Moirai started as an entry into the 7dfps game jam but was built out a bit further and released in November 2013. When released the game received a fantastic response from players and so we decided to put it onto Steam.

The game was just released on Steam two days ago.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20 Sin4profit  Online

@bollard: I did the same, kind of a bummer.

GhostPantsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just did another playthrough of the game. I asked the farmer how he got blood on himself; he shouts with, "That weird b*tch was menstruating everywhere. Then she spits blood at me." Then I asked why he has a knife and he says, "I am a licensed practitioner of adult circumcision." Then the question about moaning and the farmer responds with gibberish about Hilary Clinton. I let him pass. I have to say this game does have some replayability even if it could get dark and possible asshole-ly.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cute concept!

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kinda knew what was going on in this game when I read the book and one of the names was a racial slur in all lower case letters.

I played it this morning and haven't gotten an email yet. Maybe I misspelled my address?

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By CJduke  Online

For me the person wrote pure gibberish. I let them pass anyway. Had no clue what was going on.

Cool game.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

It's a neat gimmick, but boy.

My farmer was the most uncreative vulgar garbage that I'm sure far too many people see. Leave it to people that think they're funny to ruin something otherwise interesting. Even if you went in completely blind, the messages I got would shatter everything cool. I'm probably more worked up than I should be about this, but I hate people sometimes.

Anyway, I don't know what it looks like, but I would love to see an evolution of this idea.

Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 85

#26  Edited By Savage
@andrack said:

I played it this morning and haven't gotten an email yet. Maybe I misspelled my address?

The devs have said that the their e-mail server is limited to sending out 800 e-mails per hour, but the game is currently accruing over 1000 playthroughs per hour, which has produced a queue of 10,000 unsent e-mails so far. As the popularity of the game dies down, they expect the e-mail backlog to shrink, so people who haven't yet received their e-mails should still get them eventually.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@xymox said:

People should play this.

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What book?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

Just did another playthrough of the game. I asked the farmer how he got blood on himself; he shouts with, "That weird b*tch was menstruating everywhere. Then she spits blood at me." Then I asked why he has a knife and he says, "I am a licensed practitioner of adult circumcision." Then the question about moaning and the farmer responds with gibberish about Hilary Clinton. I let him pass. I have to say this game does have some replayability even if it could get dark and possible asshole-ly.

You let him pass?!

@savage said:
@bollard said:

From the game's Steam forum:

Moirai started as an entry into the 7dfps game jam but was built out a bit further and released in November 2013. When released the game received a fantastic response from players and so we decided to put it onto Steam.

The game was just released on Steam two days ago.

Thanks for clearing that up!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#30  Edited By TobbRobb

Hah, just played through it. Very neat. I didn't realise what was going on until the end, the farmer I met struck such a perfect balance between shitty gamejam writing and sociopathy that I didn't even question. Killed both of them in my game fyi. Let's call it morbid curiosity more than anything.

Arjailer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really interesting little game - very cool :-)

Memu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would be a unique way to collect valid email addresses for a spam mailing list.

User_Undefined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@memu said:

This would be a unique way to collect valid email addresses for a spam mailing list.

What a horribly cynical, albeit extremely valid, idea.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really cool idea.

The dude I encountered just wrote "I killed the monster" for all of his responses. Creepy.

I responded with genuine answers. Stuff like "There was a man here, and a woman is dying in the cave behind me!"

Haven't been emailed yet, but I'm interested to know if I get got or someone lets me through.