Giant Bomb is hiring!
Many of you know that we've been looking to add to our ranks for a while now. We recently opened two positions that we're looking to fill in the near future, so if you're interested in throwing your hat in the ring, feel free to get in touch via the links below.
The first position is for an Associate Editor, which is your basic jack-of-all-trades role on the site. You'll be expected to be an excellent writer, be comfortable on camera, and be capable of expressing interesting opinions on games in reviews, podcasts, and videos. You can find more detailed job requirements here.
Next up is an Associate Producer position, which encompasses all things related to video production: camerawork, setting up the studio, editing videos, managing livestreams, and so on. There will be on-camera work as well. You can find more detailed job requirements here.
You're welcome to ask questions about these positions (although I really don't have much info beyond what's already in the listings), but please do not send résumés directly to the editors. If you want to apply, please click the "Apply To Job" buttons on the links above and do so through the CBSi Careers page. It's unlikely that the editors (or myself) will be able to do much with your cover letter or résumé, so please apply via the appropriate links to make sure your stuff gets in the right hands. These applications will likely go through our HR department before they head to the editors, so keep that in mind when composing your cover letters and the like.
We also have one more position for a summer engineering internship starting in mid-June. This is a position we're looking to fill quickly, so if you're interested, please send a cover letter and resume directly to our engineering lead at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Summer 2014 Internship Application." Here are the specs on it:
- Experience developing software with Java, Python, or PHP.
- Previous exposure to structured Software Development Lifecycle processes and procedures
- Technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and techniques
- Solid organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to establish professional relationships with team members
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Currently working towards a Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related software engineering field
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Must have at least one more semester/quarter to go at the end of internship
If you have any questions, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to answer them. Because I'm sure people will ask, I honestly have no idea about any moving expenses that CBS covers. I believe we'll accept applications from overseas for the two non-intern positions.