This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Edited by RenegadeSaint (1640 posts) -

Perhaps in another life. Let the games begin!

#202 Posted by Vasta_Narada (750 posts) -

Sometimes I hate being a Canadian. It's not often, I quite like it here in Vancouver, but goddamn, man. What I wouldn't give to be a Californian right now.

#203 Edited by McDayman (125 posts) -

This is exciting news! As silly a thought it is to drop everything here and apply for a job across the country, it's still tempting. Let me know when you're ready to start up Giant Bomb Detroit.

#204 Edited by Dentist (15 posts) -
#205 Posted by DocHaus (2765 posts) -

If I weren't currently employed and on the other side of the country I'd jump on this in a heartbeat, but alas...

#207 Posted by Hailinel (25785 posts) -

On the one hand, I think it's totally crazy that you're outsourcing to the forums, like we're going to see @believer258 or @hailinel on the Bombcast. On the other hand, I'm going to apply for the position regardless and hope I strike lucky.

I appreciate the tag. If this were a few years ago, I might have applied, but as cool as a job as this might be, I'm pretty happy with where I'm at right now. Although I might consider if they were ever looking for a Seattle correspondent.

#208 Posted by Archer88 (413 posts) -

Thinking about applying to this, but I don't really right reviews, mostly just short fiction. Can some of you guys take a look and tell me if it would be worth my time?

Link
Thanks!

#209 Posted by geirr (3765 posts) -

No Caption Provided

YES! After hearing about wanting to hire people for a such long time, it's nice to hear news that it's finally happening.

#210 Posted by PurpleSpandex (297 posts) -

Had my hopes up for Graphic Designer with an associates degree :P

#211 Edited by Azzystyle (13 posts) -

@rorie: This is the job I was born for. I'm pretty pissed this went public since I applied last week through CBSi, and now Im going to get drowned by the masses. My cover letter basically goes on to say that I'd sacrifice my firstborn and drink the blood just to get a face to face, because there's no way I wouldn't get the job. I live and work in NYC and would easily take a pay cut and relocate to make all of you peens laugh at videogames. Shit, man.

#212 Edited by AssInAss (3303 posts) -

WHAT?!

No Caption Provided

OH SHIEEEET NEW BLOOD

No Caption Provided

#213 Posted by Grondoth (529 posts) -

I'm a social worker I can help

#214 Posted by Bartman3010 (486 posts) -

I just tried to see if I could create an account on the CBSi website with my Linkedin account, and it seems like the API to connect LinkedIn accounts is broken as it gives me this error: "Invalid redirect_uri. This value must match a URL registered with the API Key."

#215 Posted by Azzystyle (13 posts) -

@rorie: When will the first round of calls be happening, instead of what I've been doing which is refreshing my e-mails?

#216 Posted by turboman (9892 posts) -

And hopefully not a white guy maybe!

As a white man, I'm offended.

#217 Posted by MrMazz (1225 posts) -

Yay hopefully someone who isn't a white guy will be hired!

if only so we can see the comments burn.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
#218 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (1283 posts) -

Why you fail me now, Chinese internet? :<

But then again, a few comments seem to imply the positions are only open to U.S. citizens. Confirm/deny?

#219 Posted by Biddy (281 posts) -

Are you guys hoping to fill in before E3? Would be cool to welcome the new hires during the E3 stream.

#220 Edited by Pepipopa (97 posts) -

@mrmazz said:

Yay hopefully someone who isn't a white guy will be hired!

if only so we can see the comments burn.

Ah yes. Better have forced diversity than a guy that works better with the crew.

#221 Posted by L44 (638 posts) -

Go hire Ryan Scott. I would love to hear him and Jeff talk video games.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
#222 Posted by President_Barackbar (3641 posts) -

So this is basically Giant Bomb's version of the movie Invincible right? Count me in!

#223 Posted by HerbieBug (4228 posts) -

movings ans shakings happening up at the giantbomb office i see. hype! :D

#224 Posted by Mogarth (45 posts) -

Welp I gave it a shot, although very unlikely I will get the position due to lack of professional experience, I am certainly excited! There is UPF though so maybe professional experience isn't a must. :D

#225 Posted by JakeBalsagna (20 posts) -

Does anyone know what the pay range is? This has "Dream Job" written all over it if the money is right.

#226 Posted by Bartman3010 (486 posts) -

Now I can't seem to apply for either job at all. If I try to log in with my acccount, it says one doesn't exist for my E-mail/pasword, but if I try to create one, the website says that I already have that account on file. I also don't have an E-mail from CBSi for my account. What should I do?

#228 Edited by Fnerk (9 posts) -
No Caption Provided

Oh my.

#229 Posted by lun49gameon (268 posts) -

@l44: Wow, I didnt even think of ryan scott until i read this. Ryan Scott really knows a lot about his video games and has been living among them for a long time. I always listen to the podcasts he is on and feel he could contribute a lot to Giantbomb but at the same time I think he is too serious.

#230 Posted by StarvingGamer (11518 posts) -

Guess it's time to start brushing off the old resume o_O

#231 Posted by B0nd07 (1770 posts) -

I know I've probably got no chance, but it doesn't hurt to try.

@rorie: Do you know if it'll be phone interviews or will I potentially be flying out?

I'd also like to know this.

#232 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6423 posts) -

I noticed the postings the weekend before and submitted my entry! Regardless of what happens, I hope the end result is good! Best of luck to all candidates!

#233 Posted by Qblivion (85 posts) -

Looking forward to the community irrationally hating the new guys for the next two years all over again!

#234 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1640 posts) -

@dentist said:

@renegadesaint: Man, this is old school!

We gotta reach the ending.

I had no clue what you were talking about but, thanks to the magic of Google, I now realize you were referencing Persona 4. The internet may actually be too powerful at this point.

#235 Edited by bigjeffrey (5282 posts) -

in requirements there should be "Ability to grow beard"

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
#236 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (4139 posts) -

@rejizzle said:

@thesoutherndandy:

Same here. Us Canadians should start our own, competing Giant Bomb. It would basically the same thing, but with more Maple Syrup eh?

I'm down. Less people wearing shorts, more people eating donuts. That's already 100% improvement.

#237 Posted by sarahsdad (1338 posts) -

Thank goodness "Look like Brad Muir" isn't one of the job requirements.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
#238 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1854 posts) -

I could be the new official anime editor/sports editor.

Or at least the comic vine liaison.

#239 Posted by hassun (9961 posts) -

I meet somewhere around 0 of any of those required qualifications but I still think it would be amazing to be able to work at Giant Bomb.

Best of luck to whomever does get the job. I will never be one of those people who will say nasty things about you in the comments or the chat unless you are a true human piece of garbage.

#240 Posted by JeanLuc (3883 posts) -

I feel like I'd be much more qualified for these in 2 years or so. Oh well.

#241 Posted by afabs515 (2005 posts) -

Oh man! Definitely gonna apply for that internship! Thanks for the heads up, Rorie!

#242 Posted by dr_mantas (2558 posts) -

I already hate the lucky bastard that will get this.

I'll just pretend I wouldn't get the job just because I live in Lithuania.

#243 Edited by SargeMcD (101 posts) -

Hell, I applied. Why not?

If I was clever it would have been a video resume to show that I can handle a camera.

Oh well. Unqualified resume on its way.

#244 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6423 posts) -

@bartman3010 said:

Now I can't seem to apply for either job at all. If I try to log in with my acccount, it says one doesn't exist for my E-mail/pasword, but if I try to create one, the website says that I already have that account on file. I also don't have an E-mail from CBSi for my account. What should I do?

Make a new email account for this occasion. Don't give up because of this situation!

#246 Edited by Ben_H (4195 posts) -

I have all the qualifications for that internship, but alas, I don't have the means to live in the US.

I'll just wait and apply for something full-time once I am done school next year.

Good luck to those who apply.

#247 Posted by crithon (3979 posts) -

3.0 GPA..... yikes, I might want to fudge my resume a bit..... I can clean toilets really well, trust me!

#248 Posted by Slag (8157 posts) -

Nice!

I can only imagine the insane number of applications you guys will receive. I always kind of assumed you guys would go headhunt who you wanted so it's pretty cool to see an open call like this.

It'd be pretty nuts to see someone out of the community get hired!

#249 Posted by Hailinel (25785 posts) -

@slag said:

Nice!

I can only imagine the insane number of applications you guys will receive. I always kind of assumed you guys would go headhunt who you wanted so it's pretty cool to see an open call like this.

It'd be pretty nuts to see someone out of the community get hired!

Headhunting can only do so much. And at the end of the day, I doubt it would substantially improve anything because it naturally leads into the already incestuous nature of the game journalism field, which largely sees more established figures move from one place to another more than it does allow for true new blood a chance.

#250 Edited by dr_mantas (2558 posts) -

I also have a secret prediction of how this will end up, but we'll see.