How have none of you posted Dogg's Turismo 3 yet? For shame.
Someone already mentioned one Jpegmafia song, his music is full of references to video games. Like the song title "Rainbow Six" and on "Thug Tears" there is a sample from Counter Strike at 1:18-ish. He also has a song called "My Thoughts on Neogaf Dying".
Just remembered some Migos songs.
In Beast, Quavo raps "Put it in, Navi and we can link" which might sound like a coincidence, just talking about GPS, but then he emphasizes "Navi and Link" which is unmistakably an Ocarina reference. Would have been funny if he slid a "hey! Listen" in there instead.
& from Culture I, the last line of the chorus in What's The Price is "Like a pro skater did my own grind". Now I could be wrong about this, but I don't think the phrase 'pro skater' is commonly used without at least implicitly referring to either Tony Hawk's video game series or Jeff Gerstmann's video series. Plus those games took grinding to a whole other level.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lil Flip - Game Over, yet.
Also, from the mixtape Rare Chandeliers, Action Bronson - The Symbol
Never going back to work in labor
Fuck that, your little chain, you better tuck that
Uhh, vultures flyin over the carcass
Bitches blowin on my dick like a cartridge
As one of the few fans of Machine Gun Kelly's earlier work, I do remember he mentions GTA and Mortal Kombat
MGK - Almost
Almost, to the top
Almost famous, shit y'all know
Hesitation, don't get none
Still I'll go to the basement, put Vice City in the Playstation
and the title track off his first album, Lace Up
Ok, where the strong at?
Right there, put me on that
Hit it once and you jumpin like Mortal Kombat
Smokin all that green, they be lookin like "where the lawn at?"
Thought of a few more.
1. Ludacris feat. Common & Spike Lee, "Do the Right Thing": "Cartridges surround you, but you ain't playin' Nintendo games"
2. Intellekt & Dirty Digits, "Mario Kart (Relivin’ It)": There's a bunch. I don't remember how I found this song. It's kind of fun.
3. UNKLE feat. Kool G Rap, "Guns Blazing (Drums of Death Pt. 1)": Galaxian sample towards the end.
4. People Under the Stairs, "Gamin' On Ya": Like the whole thing is a giant video game reference.
5. DJ Quik, "Quik Is The Name": "I'll beat your ass as if we was playin Tecmo Bowl"
Please Log In to post.