Hopefully free? Hopefully?! Some?!

sirkibble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Edited By sirkibble23

There's a point in time where I can get fed up with something. I'm usually very tolerant of what goes on in the video game industry and very understanding but I just read on Gamespot.com that Modern Warfare 2 XBL avatar clothes are coming--hopefully some will be free.  

Hopefully? With all the DLC, the crazy pre-orders, etc, this content should be, without a doubt, free. This is the point where I am truly fed up with the DLC market and how it attempts to empty our pockets. Of course, I don't have to buy it and I may or may not--maybe if it's free I'll get it--hopefully. I just find it disgusting right now.  

My feelings may be based on all the crazy hate on Activision and their cash-cowing as of late but to be honest, I don't want to pay crazy amounts for some clothes. Frankly, I don't want anyone to pay for game-based clothing. It should be a small bonus for buying the game in the first place. I think that's fair. Buy a game, get some free avatar clothes. We have to pay for themes and icons, at least give us some free clothes.  

This is the first time I've ever posted this sort of rant on a forum. They always seem so illogical and stupid when I read them so I won't be surprised if this sounds the same way. Oh well. I hope the clothes are cool, at least.

sirkibble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sirkibble23

There's a point in time where I can get fed up with something. I'm usually very tolerant of what goes on in the video game industry and very understanding but I just read on Gamespot.com that Modern Warfare 2 XBL avatar clothes are coming--hopefully some will be free.  

Hopefully? With all the DLC, the crazy pre-orders, etc, this content should be, without a doubt, free. This is the point where I am truly fed up with the DLC market and how it attempts to empty our pockets. Of course, I don't have to buy it and I may or may not--maybe if it's free I'll get it--hopefully. I just find it disgusting right now.  

My feelings may be based on all the crazy hate on Activision and their cash-cowing as of late but to be honest, I don't want to pay crazy amounts for some clothes. Frankly, I don't want anyone to pay for game-based clothing. It should be a small bonus for buying the game in the first place. I think that's fair. Buy a game, get some free avatar clothes. We have to pay for themes and icons, at least give us some free clothes.  

This is the first time I've ever posted this sort of rant on a forum. They always seem so illogical and stupid when I read them so I won't be surprised if this sounds the same way. Oh well. I hope the clothes are cool, at least.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

Guarantee they won't be free.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

They'll charge 800 points for them. I bet you everything I have.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria

Why should it be free?

It's just novelty items. Stuff that are totally unnecessary.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Diamond

There hasn't been one bit of free avatar clothes since they introduced the marketplace, AFAIK.

Sucks, but avatars suck, so sucking makes sense.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By mike

It's Activision...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's a company, who's sole existance is profit. It's awful but that's the way business works.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By GunstarRed

never...  

none of the GH5 stuff was free. 
Why would Activision NOT sell  items for their biggest game of the year?
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper
@animateria said:
" Why should it be free?  It's just novelty items. Stuff that are totally unnecessary. "
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Akeldama
@MB said:
" It's Activision... "
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CL60

Why does everybody always complain about a company wanting money? Obviously a company will charge for it if they know they will get a lot of money for it. It's business. Nothing else.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Kiemoe

beatles rock band put stuff out free, so it's not out of the question. Also, move to MW2 forums?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By breadfan

To quote the wise Vince McMahon, No chance in hell

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PureRok
@Diamond said:
" There hasn't been one bit of free avatar clothes since they introduced the marketplace, AFAIK.  Sucks, but avatars suck, so sucking makes sense. "
I think there's a t-shirt or two on there that's free. At least one, as I remember seeing it when I was browsing through the clothing. But, besides that, yea. I highly doubt they'll give anything free.
Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Damien

Of all the things to rant about, you rant about avatar clothes, the most superfluous part of the MW2 experience?

sirkibble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sirkibble23
@Damien said:
" Of all the things to rant about, you rant about avatar clothes, the most superfluous part of the MW2 experience? "
The clothes is not the point. The point is having to pay for something that is, in your words, "the most superfluous part of the MW2 experience."
unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By unclejohnny79

i doubt it would be free, its just avatar cloths

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Video_Game_King
@CL60: 

But there should at least be ethics to it. If it doesn't improve or affect the game in any way, why should they expect people to pay for something that will allow them to pay for something that won't do much for them? Hell, at least make it an unlockable for playing a certain amount of online multiplayer.
sirkibble23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sirkibble23
@Video_Game_King:  I think the reasoning behind it, which has been the reason for DLC in general, is that we'll buy it. Which is true. I know I've bought some ridiculous stuff on XBL Marketplace so I don't expect less from them.

It's just so crazy how gullible we can be.