• 142 results
xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

It can't possibly be worse than the Grammy Awards so I'm not too worried.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@IIGrayFoxII said

Just to note, that Jeff Gerstmann is on the advisory panel for the VGA's. Just an FYI.

Well, all he actually does is cast votes for the awards. He has nothing to do with the rest of the show, he literally puts his votes on a spreadsheet and sends it back to the VGA people.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By MikkaQ

As has been mentioned in this thread, it can't possibly get worse than someone getting teabagged. Or... can it?

dr_ryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By dr_ryan

I turned off my cable. I AM IMMUNE!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#55  Edited By MildMolasses

After reading this, I think it's safe to say that this will be as much of an embarrassment as ever. I'm quite capable of bringing shame upon myself. I don't need Spike to do it for me

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By FreakAche

Will there even be any big reveals this year? Usual we hear whispers about them leading up to the event, but this year everything's been kind of quiet.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SlightConfuse

Not suck but be super mysognistic

megatronicles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By megatronicles
@SlightConfuse What the... That is just embarrassing.
Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By Pop

So will this thing be streamed or just on TV? Last year I didn't care at all but now, I am a little curious to see a trailer or something, don't really care how bad it is.

reelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By reelife

Because Spike wont stream their big event to other nations than America, I took some time (2 minutes) and found myself a stream us Europeans can "enjoy" http://www.stream2watch.me/live-tv/spike-tv-live-stream

Also, I'm watching VGA for the trailers, don't care about the slapped on awards. Last year they basically farted out like 3 awards quickly right before commercials. It was terrible.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jking47

All of the bad.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By UitDeToekomst
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think things are gonna be a little better than last year, considering they've got Jackson as the host, but I'm expecting what I'd usually expect from Spike, a cringeworthy bro-ish awards ceremony aimed at gaming's lowest common denominator, but being followed by a lot of people on the internet trying to make excuses about why the biggest award ceremony for the games industry is as shameless as it is.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#64  Edited By bed

i would love it to be good, but if it turns out bad (which sounds likely judging on its apparent track record) then it'll make for some nice bombcast chat. i liked it a lot when they talked about it last year

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By FilipHolm

I'll watch it to see some cool announcements and trailers. Too bad I'll have to endure the actuall show too...

I honestly think they'll give the Best game of the Year award to Mass Effect 3. Definitely not to either Journey or TWD, ho deserv it more than any of the other games. Because money.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By TheHT
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By zeforgotten

Just as terrible as all the other years. 
So 0, as always.  

As in, worthless 

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Phatmac

Guessing this is the giant bomb vga discussion thread?

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By pr1mus

Is it hosted by the Ubisoft douche from E3?

If not, on a scale of 1 to 10000...

Very.

k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By k9

If having a thread is not interactive enough, here is a chat room for everyone to share their VGA thoughts. Though the show is still an hour away, I think.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By UitDeToekomst

@TheHT said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

Assassin's Creed III and The Walking Dead were among the five nominees for Game of the Year, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown was not. 'Nuff said.

That The Walking Dead and Journey were nominated for GOTY is probably an improvement.

An improvement over what? Over last year? I seem to recall last year's nominees being fairly solid. I think the VGA's as a whole are an absolute atrocity, so I am not defending them in the least, but I am unsure to what you are referring.

Also, I don't have a problem with Journey being nominated. It is not in my personal top 5, but it is fairly close. ACIII and TWD, however, are nowhere near my top 10, and I find it unfortunate that they are undeservedly taking spotlight away from superior experiences.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#72  Edited By ThePickle

Callin' it: Black Ops 2 wins PC GOTY. The award is presented by a Mountain Dew can.

FilipHolm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FilipHolm

Wait, Samuel L. Jackson is actually hosting this? I thought that was a joke... this might actually be watchable

Shakey1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Shakey1245

They just gave out an award on the Xbox Live pre-show; Best performance by a human male. Dameon Clarke won for playing Handsome Jack in Borderlands 2, he seemed taken off guard to say the least that they were giving out awards on the red carpet during the pre-show.

Also there is apparently some sort of award for machinima.

EDIT: And another; Best performance by a female human. Melissa Hutchinson for playing Clementine in The Walking Dead.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By TheHT

@UitDeToekomst said:

@TheHT said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

Assassin's Creed III and The Walking Dead were among the five nominees for Game of the Year, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown was not. 'Nuff said.

That The Walking Dead and Journey were nominated for GOTY is probably an improvement.

An improvement over what? Over last year? I seem to recall last year's nominees being fairly solid. I think the VGA's as a whole are an absolute atrocity, so I am not defending them in the least, but I am unsure to what you are referring.

Also, I don't have a problem with Journey being nominated. It is not in my personal top 5, but it is fairly close. ACIII and TWD, however, are nowhere near my top 10, and I find it unfortunate that they are undeservedly taking spotlight away from superior experiences.

An improvement on the perception that the VGAs are bro-outs with a heavy marketing angle.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#76  Edited By pyromagnestir

Is 1 bad, or is 1000 bad? Or are they both bad? Which is worse? I'm confused...

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By spankingaddict

1 , It's going to be bad . And I wanna see it be bad ...

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ares42

Just tuned into the pre-show and it's already awful. They're presenting awards to people "backstage" and they're all "oh, I won? (guess I wasn't important enough to bring up on stage)". You can literally hear the diappointment in their voice.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By colourful_hippie

@ZeForgotten said:

Just as terrible as all the other years. So 0, as always. As in, worthless
Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Phatmac

Pachter!

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By I_smell

Hopefully Will-I-Am will be presenting Mass Effect 3 with "Best Adventure Game".

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#82  Edited By mechakirby

Could they have stroked Sam Jackson's ego any more than that show did?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By zeforgotten

Huh, will admit to liking this year more than previous years. 
That's not saying a lot though. 

All the censoring was great though when Tenacious D finally whipped out a huge cock on the stage there was nothing left to do other than go "fuck it". 
Fucking censorship, most retarded thing ever invented

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Phatmac

It was actually good!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By joshthebear

The whole Sam Jackson in different video games was fucking atrocious, and overall the trailers weren't that mind blowing. That being said, it was a huge leap over the shitshow that was last year.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By cthomer5000

'Not that embarrassing' would be my headline. Significantly better than last year.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By cthomer5000
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By awesomeusername

@ZeForgotten said:

Tenacious D finally whipped out a huge cock on the stage there was nothing left to do other than go "fuck it". Fucking censorship, most retarded thing ever invented

What. The. Fuck?

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#89  Edited By dietmango

Didn't like the Sam Jackson bits, some minor annoyances on all this "nerd" shit throughout the show, but I guess it's totally okay. They actually let devs go onstage and talk. World premieres were hit-or-miss. Better than last year's shitshow for sure.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Kerned

@Phatmac said:

It was actually good!

I'm not willing to say "good," but I will gladly give you "not the worst thing ever," which is way more than I was expecting. There wasn't anything overtly terrible or embarrassing. The worst of it was the Sam Jackson skit nonsense, but that sort of stuff is unavoidable in any awards show. The best part of all: they frequently gave awards to games that deserved those awards.

If only the show focused more on the awards...

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By icytower38

The show opened with South Park & The Walking Dead deservedly won GOTY, it could of been a lot worse. Trailers are nice, but I want more awards shown.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By zeforgotten
@awesomeusername said:

@ZeForgotten said:

Tenacious D finally whipped out a huge cock on the stage there was nothing left to do other than go "fuck it". Fucking censorship, most retarded thing ever invented

What. The. Fuck?

They had been censoring everything on the stream, Sam Jacksons "Ass" and "motherfuckers" and stuff like that. 
Then Tenacious D brings out the huge penis from their Album cover for Rise of the Fenix and it squirts confetti all over the place. 

It was funny to see 
clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By clumsyninja1

Samuel Jackson was amazing. Should be the host from now on.

617_jbug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By 617_jbug

Kojima's trailer was very good.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By awesomeusername

@ZeForgotten said:

@awesomeusername said:

@ZeForgotten said:

What. The. Fuck?

They had been censoring everything on the stream, Sam Jacksons "Ass" and "motherfuckers" and stuff like that. Then Tenacious D brings out the huge penis from their Album cover for Rise of the Fenix and it squirts confetti all over the place. It was funny to see

I don't know who Tenacious D is so yeah. As curious as I am, I'm scared to see what this is. I'll try to not look this up. Try.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Phatmac
@Kerned

@Phatmac said:

It was actually good!

I'm not willing to say "good," but I will gladly give you "not the worst thing ever," which is way more than I was expecting. There wasn't anything overtly terrible or embarrassing. The worst of it was the Sam Jackson skit nonsense, but that sort of stuff is unavoidable in any awards show. The best part of all: they frequently gave awards to games that deserved those awards.

If only the show focused more on the awards...

This is coming from Spike so I don't expect much. Award shoes duck in general so set your expectations please. This shouldn't be treated as a real award show. It's main goal is to entertain the masses and it did. I was fine.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Oldirtybearon

I'd say the show was good. The guy from the new Thor movie was the only one who made me cringe. People like Jessica Alba and Snoop Lion looked high as fuck, which was entertaining. The award winners were given time to give thanks and accept their accolades, and all in all, it was a well-produced awards show. It's not pulse-pounding entertainment, but it was a good time had by all, I'd wager.

If anyone thinks this show was embarrassing or "bad" they either didn't watch it or have no idea what an awards show actually is.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@awesomeusername said:

@ZeForgotten said:

@awesomeusername said:

@ZeForgotten said:

What. The. Fuck?

They had been censoring everything on the stream, Sam Jacksons "Ass" and "motherfuckers" and stuff like that. Then Tenacious D brings out the huge penis from their Album cover for Rise of the Fenix and it squirts confetti all over the place. It was funny to see

I don't know who Tenacious D is so yeah. As curious as I am, I'm scared to see what this is. I'll try to not look this up. Try.

Tenacious D is a musical act led by comedian Jack Black.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#99  Edited By JasonR86

I didn't watch the VGAs because I couldn't be bothered. But I'm happy that it was considered by a lot of people to be 'ok' this year because it makes this thread look stupid as hell.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Branthog

I must say, the VGAs were not nearly as shitty as I expected them to be. It was filled with people I've never heard of from shit I've never heard of before (That Levi guy, for example), but the awards themselves (wow, they give away a whopping FOUR awards in TWO hours -- gosh!) were not so horrible. I'm on the fence about Journey winning the indie game of the year, but it's understandable.

Clem winning female character of the year was so well-deserved (even though I saw a flood of idiots online saying "who the fuck is clem?!"). Half Life 2 winning game of the decade fucking blew my mind. I had resigned myself to accepting either COD (based on sales) or Halo (based on popularity and consistent quality). Never in a million years did I think something like Half-life 2 would make it. And then, for all those Valve guys to come up there and for Gabe to just be in the background and let someone else speak seemed very humble. Then, Walking Dead for game of the year? Holy fucking shit. I never saw that coming. I didn't really think any of the game sin the list qualified as GOTY, but it was amazing to see Walking Dead take it (and for Telltale to get "studio of the year").

It's still a shitty award show filled with a lot of dumb bullshit. I fucking love hype and sensational over-the-top commercialized indulgent shit. In the right context. But in the VGAs (as with all award's shows), it's just panderingly offensive garbage. And then you have to suffer through crap like 115 minutes of crap for 15 minutes of awards.

But, all said, the awards themselves give the VGAs a little tiny bit of redemption for their hideousness, this year. For once, I kind of feel they "got them right".

I can't imagine the high the Telltale guys must be riding tonight. Fucking fantastic for them!

Also, I didn't really understand all the censorship of the internet stream. I mean . . . it's on the internet. And after censoring all the shits, fucks, and assholes, they just went up on stage with a giant thirty foot bouncing cock for five minutes. What the hell?

If anyone thinks this show was embarrassing or "bad" they either didn't watch it or have no idea what an awards show actually is.

No, that's exactly what an award's show is and, like most awards shows, it was bad, pandering, offensively stupid, and embarrassing. That said, they got a couple things right. You know, the whole broken clock metaphor.