How do I stream PC games to Ustream?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

Gonna play some Half Life 2 and then Left 4 Dead 2 later in the week and decided to try streaming gameplay to Ustream. How exactly do I do this? I tried Google and downloaded a program called Webcammax which was supposed to work but couldn't figure it out. I recently downloaded Xfire (username is natetodamax, you all should add me :D) so is is possible to stream with that? Or is there some sort of weird program I need? Thanks in advance/

Vitamin_Dei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Vitamin_Dei

ustream has an app available on their site called the ustream producer. That should be what you want. :)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

...use LiveStream, it's what use used to stream and commentate the SC2 matches yesterday.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax
@Vitamin_Dei said:
" ustream has an app available on their site called the ustream producer. That should be what you want. :) "
I downloaded Ustream Producer, but how do I stream my PC games with it? I can't seem to figure the dumb thing out :(
Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Pepsiman

Livestream's Procaster is indeed the more ideal program for streaming PC games. It's a free program that hooks directly into any program (or game) running off of DirectX or OpenGL and can usually do so with little to no significant frame rate drops for you, as long as your computer isn't horrible. But having tried both Ustream's Producer and the Livestream Procaster, I highly, highly prefer the latter for straight up streaming. It is admittedly a bit harder to get multiple sound sources working without using third party tools, but it's very doable.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jmrwacko

Only thing is that ustream is higher quality. But yeah, Livestream is much easier. I went from not having a livestream account to having a stream up with commentary the other day in like 5 minutes.