How does Game Pass streaming work?

hcaulfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey duders,

I don't have a modern Xbox because you still can't buy them in my country easily, but I'd quite like to play some Microsoft games on my PC. Now, when I say on my PC-I don't have a gaming computer, but I do have a normal laptop. I heard Vinnie on the Nextlander podcast say that if you go to xbox.com/play , you can stream games on there, even on a non gaming laptop easily enough.

Can someone give me a little bit of information about this? What package do I need? Do I need Game Pass Ultimate to do this, or can I get one of the cheaper packages?

Any info would be fab, thanks

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hcaulfield: yes sign up for gamepass ultimate and you can stream from any device just using a browser. I would look for a trial or only do one month to start because depending on your internet setup, the type of games you play, and your own sensitivity to input lag it can range from pretty good to unplayable.

For example- I use it for forza or other low intensity games, but I tried halo and gave up within minutes.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ItHas2BeSaidKVO

If you have a decent mobile phone with 5G capability or a tablet, you can do it through that as well, with the added bonus that some games have touch controls (at least on mobile, I’m not sure about tablets. Actually thinking about it, I’d imagine not on tablets because it would be pretty unwieldy depending on the size of the tablets). However, it is very data hungry (2.5Gb/hr or something like that I remember seeing), so you’ll need a mobile plan with a large data limit to make it worthwhile.

hcaulfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can you still get the three months for like a dollar deal? If so, how??

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hcaulfield: I’m not sure about whether you can get it three months for $1 (xbox.com only has it for one month), but they were doing things like that for new customers when they first started the subscription (I did the thing a lot of people did where they let you change your xbox gold sub up to three years to the Game Pass Ultimate service (Gold + Console Game Pass + PC Game Pass), thereby getting something like just over $500 worth of value for only just under $250), so I guess I’ll just say the obvious answer and google it about whether that 3 month offer is still valid.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a trick. Get 3 xbox live 12 month cards off amazon for about 40 bucks each. so thats 120 then use them. Then get the 1 dollar 3 month switch to gamepass. Now you get 3 years ultimate for only 120. Sounds like alot but thats the cost of 2 games. 2 new games halo and forza are already on game pass. Add that you get new games and i think like over 100 games from xbox to xbox s. Plus a total of 36 free games ( you can get them without the system off the website each month) thats about 4 bucks a game. good deal, like the cost of 1 dollar a week. Its a good deal. Even if you only have time to play 1 hour a week thats enough to finish 6 big games. YOUR LOSING MONEY on the deal buy now. LOL joke aside do this trick and have fun.

ursalacim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ursalacim

Well, the Game Pass application is not optimized properly, especially for old XBOX versions.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

You will also need a controller. It doesn't have to be an Xbox controller necessarily, a DualShock 4 or DualSense should work too. As far as I know keyboard+mouse support has not been enabled for Xbox Streaming games.

But the streaming itself is pretty easy.

1. Subscribe to Xbox Ultimate
  2. Download the Xbox app on your PC or access things through the browser
  3. Plug in controller
  4. Play the game