• 83 results
Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vrikk

Looking over my collection, I didn't realize just exactly how many video games I own. Granted, I buy maybe at maximum one game a month (this is including any sort of Steam sale, having games given to me, bargain bins et cetera), BUT I apparently own like 400 games. This includes both digital and physical, new and old. Ranges all the way back to NES.

Maybe it's because I don't sell games I own, and started gaming with my dad back when I was 6?

Anyway, what say you? Do you ever think you have too many games? Do you sell them when you know you will never play them again?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

It's not that big, actually. I've sold off most of my games from older generations because they were just sitting there gathering dust. Now, if I get an itch to play a specific game, I'll just pick up a used copy or play it on Steam, 

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SexyToad

I would like my gaming collection to be bigger. BIGGER!

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

My Collection Software (GCStar) can account for 357 games, but that's not including games I have double of, games I have on two different platforms, or games lost to time.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Hamst3r

If I had everything from my childhood, I'd have around 850 games, but without that old console stuff, I have around 700 games.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WickedFather

Big. Too big. Take TooWalrus's wisdom and get rid of it if you can because you'll end up sat on a huge pile of stuff that'll be 99% worthless. Ignore this if you've already bought or are buying your own house or have parents that have done that and don't mind you keeping it there. I'm sitting on a few great things like a mint copy of Mega Man X and Symphony of the night but I'm going to ebay them and anything else when I go to my parents and find the time.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

~1300 games on Steam.

Maybe 500-800 physical (mostly console).

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Sterling

Not that big any longer. I started selling it off last year. I am down to around 80 or so games right now.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By icicle7x3

Too many.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By JasonR86

Well, I have about 20-40 games for each game console I have owned and currently have a Colecovision, Master System, Genesis, Sega-CD, Sega 32X, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3. That's about 300 games plus about 10 I-Phone games and about 40 PC games since I have owned PCs.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By That1BlackGuy

Not that large anymore actually, people like to throw my stuff away lol. Most of what is left of my physical gaming collection comes from the six gen.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

Ballparking it I have near 200ish physical games. Slightly fewer than 100 Steam games (not counting the each of the 50 Genesis games which are part of the Genesis and Mega Drive Classics that I got with the Sega Hit Collection so add those). A handful of non Steam strays. 30ish downloadable games spread over XBLA, PSN, Virtual Console, and Wii Ware. That about covers everything, I think. Oh right also 5 or so iPhone games.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#13  Edited By alistercat

I have about 300 - 400 games and over 10 consoles. I keep a list on the site. In fact, I'll go update it.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Genkkaku

Alot of my stuff is in boxes and things from my last move (Mainly all my DS/GC/Wii/PC games) But from what I can see now and I'm just guessing 10-15 PS1 / 30 PS2 / 25 PS3 / 50 Xbox 360 / 200 Steam / 40+ PC

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By envane

306 games on my steam account .. ugh .. ive sold all my console games and such over the years now tho , only have a ps3 and 4 games and a ds with no games (but i do have a a flash cart for piracy and homebrew) and hacked psp hehe

didnt think i had that much but since ill never be able to trim the fat from steam and sell unwanted games that numbers just going to grow

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Slay3r1583

It's not how big your collection is it is how you use it.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OppressiveStink

1200 physical games, about 160digital.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Grillbar

not that big. about 350'ish pc games lost a lot of them, and most of the ones that are left are digital. 5 psp games, 2 3dx xl games and 300+ ps3 games.

sold all of my ps2 games and console (about 70 games) and traded my psx (ps1) with all controllers and games for a car when i was 13/14'ish still regret this to this day, had about 500+ games a ton of controllers 2 multi taps, flight stick, wheels, 3 light guns and so on

man i wish i could get all of that back.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OppressiveStink

Oh, and 3 arcade machines.

galacticgravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By galacticgravy

Probably in the realm of 150 games. Maybe closer to 200 if you count Steam.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Very, very small compared to how much I actually play. I've sold off most of what I had in the past (something that I've pretty much stopped doing) and most of the games I play are rented.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By FancySoapsMan

probably somewhere around 100-200 games, including digital copies. 

I love keeping games on my shelf, even if I never intend to replay a lot of them.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

Huge.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By alexl86

About 20 boxed PC games, 150 on steam, the same on PS2, around 30 on PS1, 30 games on Virtual Console, 10 games on Wii, 40 on XBLA and probably around 50 on 360.

Add it all up, and you get around 480. I'm not sure how accurate that is, and it doesn't account for doubles, but it seems about right.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nottle

@Vrikk: Judging by your avatar you own Earthbound.

Thats really the only game that matters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's around 100, 40 physical & 60 digital.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I probably have 40 360 games and 15 PS3 games. I also have probably 300 older games NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2 and Xbox games with consoles packed away safely in the attic. Then there's the hand held stuff which is probably less than 20 games.

SolongWrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SolongWrex

Used to have a lot more. Last time I moved I realized I had way too much useless shit lying around, so I cut down my Xbox collection to only the games that I actually deeply care about. Now there's 14. A little more for the 360, but some of those are games I still haven't finished. I have none of the pre-PSX consoles, because my parents (very smartly) always traded that shit in to finance the newer ones.

At first I was a little shocked at some of the answers here, but then I realized that those people probably spend on games what I spend on plucked string instruments. Different priorities.

Seastalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Seastalk

I have 465 on Steam, around 150 on GOG and about 500 physical games. I'm always on the look out for older games at stores/online to purchase (in addition to my Steam addiction).

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ervonymous

526, about 200 of them digital. Not even enough to fill a bookshelf, still far from unwieldy.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TwoLines

7 years ago? A shitload. Since I've gone legit? About 200. Probably a lil' bit more than that.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By Alexandru

My girlfriend says it's big enough

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#33  Edited By Dimsey

I've not counted in ages, but it'd be at least 500.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

above average, so I've been told many times.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Hizang

I have 150+ PS3 games alone, I'm going to say over 300.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chop

Around 50 or so; just stuff from this generation.

I'm not a collector.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By nightriff

I'm at 170ish games, a year ago it would've been half of that but I decided to keep every game I buy instead of buy, play, sell that I used to do during high school. Might sell sports games though...

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Palmlykta

I sold everything except a few trinkets, feels good man.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thatdutchguy

I have like 28 ps3 games and 20 360 games, and like 22 pc games or something, and 3 3ds games. 
 I sold allot of my 360 games over the years btw. 
but i allways have an average of like 30 console games each generation since the N64.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I got about hrmmm.... 250 physical games, maybe? I did an autobiographical list of my games a few months back (got on the front page..!) and I've sort of slowed down at the PS2, at about 120. I know I have about 50-60 Xbox and PS3 games each, a dozen Wii games, half-dozen original Xbox games, like 50 DS games, two dozen PSP, like 30 PC boxes...

So I guess maybe its closer to 300? Man. Plus I've got another dozen or so SNES and Mega Drive games since I made that list. And the there's the 270 Steam games.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ZeroSignal

So apparently I've got:

Tracked:

• 771 on Steam
  • 238 on GOG
  • 177 Xbox 360 games (physical)
  • 23 DS games (physical)
  • 19 PS3 games (physical)
  • 15 Wii games (physical)

Untracked:

• a minimum of 69 purchased XBLA games (that's all I had on my office 360 after deleting all the demos, probably a few I haven't downloaded on this 360)
  • 3 or so Xbox Originals on 360
  • A bunch of PSN titles (lost track of what I've bought vs got via Playstation Plus).
  • about 8 PSP games I guess
  • less than 10 DSi-ware games.
  • Maybe 40-50 Xbox 1 games in storage
  • 10-15 Dreamcast games in storage
  • 4 or 5 Game Boy Advanced games (mainly pokemon if I remember correctly)
  • a few hundred more physical PC games spread over a couple of CD Wallets, 2 boxes of DVD sized cases in storage and Big box games on a shelf.
  • probably about 30-50 PC games spread over other digital providers (Telltale, Impulse, Direct2Drive, etc) which I couldn't be bothered logging in to.

Can never have too many games :), and I never sell them (even if I hated it).

Edit: Oh, I forgot iPad, and Windows Phone 7 games (or did I, it only amounts to another 10-15 I think)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By crusader8463

My current list of console games is sitting at 82 according to this list I made a little while ago to try and keep track of everything, but my Steam Library is sitting at 306 under the games tab. So round it up and say around 400 games as I also have several on other digit platforms as well but I never use them because it's too much of a hassle trying to remember what games I own where.

As for your question, yes and no. Yes to the part about acknowledging that I have a ton of games but no to the idea that I feel I have too many. At some point I will get around to playing all of these games. Unless you get like Jeff and have to devote an entire room in your house to keeping tubs of games stacked on top of one another I don't think it's possible to have too many games. Even then though, if he took the time to keep them all shelved and organized in a way that would allow him to get to a game and find it without needing to dig through tubs and tubs of games then I think you can justify it.

I guess to me you only have too many games when you are keeping them in a disorganized pile someplace and you never play them. That's just hoarding and it's not healthy. If you take the time to display and organize them in such a way that you can go pick out a game and play it without needing to tear apart a room then I think it's fine.

ZeroSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ZeroSignal

As a tangent, what do people use to track their collections? I saw GCStar mentioned earlier. I've got most of my current-gen stuff in Delicious Library 2 (which is a pain, because I only really power up my MacBook Pro to add titles to DL2). My DVD collection is in DVD Profiler, and in the past I used listal.com to track some of my PC games. Ultimately I'd really like one system for all my games that allows me to query and chop up the collection in different ways (tracking multiple copies on different platforms and such). Is there a holy-grail of Game Collection databases?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#44  Edited By BeachThunder

239 on Steam.

50 on Gog.

I'm not going to bother trying to count anything else. Probably 100 or so elsewhere (?)

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AlexW00d

~350 on steam, 100 on gamersgate, 20 on gog, bunch of retail and miscellaneous pc games. Then like 60 ps3, 60 ps2, 40 ps, 3 Xbox games, 1 gamecube, 2 Wii, 2 psp, 10 ds, then various ones I am forgetting.
Let's just say, some.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zekhariah

Probably in the range of ~300. Mostly PC, but the x360/PS3/Wii/Gamecube/N64 is taking over a lot of a DVD rack now (well, no the N64 ones, carts don't really work there).

To many probably. As I go through some of the new ones I've gotten (especially cheap stuff that looked interesting on x360) there has been a lot of trash and stuff that just does not fit my taste. Ie. Turok, Killzone, Devil May Cry 4, FFXIII, Super Street Fighter, and Tekken 6 were recent ones. It seems like I can at least tell if I will like a style of game before purchasing now at least - so maybe experimenting with the wider selection was worth it.

I do not sell games, although I did not keep any pre-N64 games around. At the time I had not realized it would be cool to have NES carts. I basically never sell off old things (I do use Goodwill though), because I end up (unreasonably) feeling that used sales are a bit sleazy. Probably some vague sense of elitism that would be better off dropped.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By EarlessShrimp

I have a huge digital library, but not many physical games anymore... because steam! I've got at least 500 games from digital distribution across all platforms. That doesn't count my 45-ish games for my Japanese sega saturn

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Franstone

I don't collect games, if I did I wouldn't have room to be sitting at this desk right now.

Typically when a new generation arrives I sell off or trade in what I have.

Except for PC, the most backwards compatible platform when ya think about it. I've got PC game boxes from the early 90's and Steam games are always there.

Still have all the gameboy handhelds and games I've ever gotten since GBA which isn't that many, prob 10 or so for each system (GBA, GBA SP, 3DS).

Think my game gear is still lurking around somewhere in it's case and retail box w/ a few games. (yes Chakan: The Forever Man)

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By johncallahan

I've always looked at the collection as working one of two ways. The Jeff way and the Patrick way. The Jeff way being that you have A LOT, a lot a lot a lot. If someone wants to play an obscure TurboGrafx game you've got it. Then there is the Patrick way, which is having less, but having your collection be representative of you as a person. Keeping the games that are important or meaningful to you.

For the longest time I was the Jeff way, I had nearly an entire roomful of old PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Dreamcast games, etc. Over the last few months though I've honed it down a lot, now I have one shelf, I went from nearly a full room, to a single shelf. The shelf is full, but it's just one shelf.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CaLe

286 Steam games. A smattering of boxed games which I don't want to count.

Boxed games, please die.

Sincerely, me.