How many games do you start a year?

Avatar image for deactivated-611d8183a00c9
deactivated-611d8183a00c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

Poll How many games do you start a year? (102 votes)

50+ 14%
30+ 23%
20+ 24%
10+ 25%
Less than 10 16%

I buy alot of games. Mostly from gamestop. I probably purchase about 25 games a year. My question is how many games do you start (see the title screen for.) This includes games on gamepass or psNow. I think i start about 40 to 50 games a year.

• 
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

My games beaten is usually in the 20 to 30 range per year, and I'll occasionally start some without finishing. So 30+.

Although with Game Pass, I'm becoming way more inclined to start more games and stop within an hour or two.

clagnaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By clagnaught

20 to 30. If I play more than that in a given year, it’s because I revisit a game, so the 20 to 30 I consider to be new / never played before games.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've started 17 games this year and haven't come even 50% to beating ONE

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Well I beat 52 last year, So probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 75.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Last year, I started keeping a list of all the games i finished with a side section for games i started, but didn't finish.

2019: Started 56 games, finished 36 of them. Spent time with another 10 multiplayer only/non-"finishable" games.

2020 so far: Started 28 games, finished 22 of them. Spent time with another 5 multiplayer only/non-"finishable" games.

At a little over halfway through the year, looks like I'm on track to finish more this year. That's neat.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Definitely varies year-to-year. Last year I was probably in the 20s, I finished ~6 games. This year I've had way more time/energy without a commute and everything (working from home), so I've been playing way more. Also taken advantage of Game Pass, EA Access, etc. As of today, I've finished 27 games, and probably played something in the 40s.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By FacelessVixen

I wanna say that my playing a game to finishing it ratio is 7:2. I would say that's it because I have more money than time these days, but, I am susceptible to shopping out of boredom.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Nodima

I voted 10+, but that'd be a conservative 12 or 13, and I finish about 8 or 9. The unfinished games tend to be PS+ offerings or critically acclaimed games I was put off by that went on deep discount so I gave a shot and found all the things I thought would bore me of the game to be true.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Does it count if I'm just restarting dark souls 1-3 over and over again, while somehow never learning how anything works or doing anything differently? I feel like I've been working on AC Odyssey for longer than I've been alive at this point

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

"Start" as in put in the disc tray and get past the tutorial in: probably about 30+

Play a significant amount of: probably about 15-20

Actually finish: no more than 15 usually

psmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Probably 10 games as started them but having trouble finishing them. I started AC Origins in 2020 and am almost near beating the final two assassins. I actually wish I would stop buying games and just finish what I have.

Ulfhedinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow I'm in minority with less than 10.

I don't have as much time as before and I've become picky with that I play in my free time.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say it used to be between 20 and 30 games a year, but since Overwatch Apex Legends, it's probably dropped to 10+ for the last 4 years or so.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulfhedinn: Very much the same type here. I buy more games, but I usually keep playing the same one for weeks or maybe months. Gotten way more picky over the years, and less time for it in general. But that's fine, I still enjoy playing.

kapinkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have maybe bought 5 games this year. I don't get a lot of time to properly game these days but I usually gravitate towards one or two titles and play them into the ground (Snowrunner atm). I have a huge backlog from before I became a dad, when I used to buy well over 30 games a year so I often look back into those unfinished/unplayed titles lately. I just started playing The last of us the other week.

stinger061

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A few years ago my answer would have been 50+ but I've managed to slow myself down and instead focus on spending more time with a smaller number of games. I probably play 5 or 6 big 30+ hour games a year now and then 10-15 smaller games