How many games you've finished this year, so far?

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How many games you've finished this year, so far? (204 votes)

0-4 21%
5-9 25%
10-14 21%
15-19 13%
Even more 20%

I know some games are never ending, so let's talk about the ones you can finish.

My list:

- DriveClub

-Dragon Age: Inquisition

- Killzone: SF

- Resident Evil 1 hd

- RE 0 hd

- Batman: Arkham Knight

- Final Fantasy X hd

- Doom

- Mortal Kombat XL ( story and i've played a lot of all modes, and still playing)

- Infamous: Second Son

All on PS4

• 
TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TwoLines

About 17 games. Huh. That's a lot for me.

RE7

Mario Kart 8 (counts I guess? I saw the end credits)

Everybody's Golf

Doki Doki Literature Club

Night in The Woods

Zelda BoTW

Mario Odyssey

Horizon Zero Dawn

Hollow Knight

Shovel Knight

Nier Automata

Persona 5

What Remains of Edith Finch

Injustice 2

Cuphead

Wolfenstein 2

Steamworld Dig 2

Tylerrools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m up to 47 so far. Going to try and make it an even 50 before the end of the year. Definitely a record for me.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tylerrools: 47 is quite a lot. Were their all aaa or even some indies? Good luck - 50 finished games will be an epic personal record!

Also what was the best game you've all finished this year?

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 9

#4 Wemibelle  Online

26 or 27, depending on if you count episodes of a game as separate "games." A lot of them this year are shorter and/or retro games, like all the NES Mario Bros and Tacoma. Doesn't compare to my record of 90 in 2014, but I've had limited funds this year.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Uncharted 4 (again) on Crushing

Horizon Zero Dawn (& The Frozen Wilds)

Injustice 2

Telltale Guardians of the Galaxy

Singularity

Pyre

Hellblade

Breath of the Wild

Rocketbirds 2

Aragami

Mario Odyessy

Mario Kart 8 counts?

Uncharted Lost Legacy

Wolfenstein II

Nier Automata

Yakuza 0

Crash Bandicoot 2 (couldn't beat 1, havent finished 3)

So 17? I've played more, just didn't finish them. I also got into Disc Jam pretty hardcore for about a 3-4 week span.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yakuza 1 and 2

Injustice story mode

Grim dawn a few times again

Yakuza 0 if you count beast in the east lol.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By nicksmi56

Let's see...

Ni No Kuni

God of War

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Persona 4

Mega Man 2

Super Mario Bros

Uncharted 2

Kirby: Planet Robobot

Sonic 3 and Knuckles

Sonic Mania

Sonic Colors

Super Mario 64

Super Mario Sunshine

New Super Mario Bros

Star Fox 64

ICO

So about 17 unless I missed something.

EDIT: Make that 18 with Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse

totsboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

44 so far. I actually keep a list of games I played. Most of them I manage to finish, but sometimes I play a little bit and I'm satisfied or I don't like it at all and drop it.

I used to keep the list in excel, but recently I decided to migrate to GiantBomb List, much easier to share and looks nice =)

Avatar image for spikexmrspatula
spikexmrspatula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By spikexmrspatula

The Legend of Zelda: BOTW

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past

Persona 5

Yakuza Kiwami

Kirby's Adventure

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland

Kirby: Planet Robotron

Super Mario Odyssey

Ratchet and Clank PS4

Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Golf Story

Steamworld Dig 2

Undertale

17. I think that's it. Lot of Zelda and Kirby this year.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nicksmi56

@spikexmrspatula: I'm curious: did you play Zelda before this year or did the hype from BOTW convince you to dive in and just blow through a bunch of them?

spikexmrspatula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: I played A Link Between Worlds a while back, which was fucking amazing, (and my first Zelda experience) but I never had the funds to buy a shit ton of Zelda games because Nintendo games are pricey. Until earlier this year and I just blew through a bunch of them back to back, leading into playing BOTW. Zelda was one of my big blind spots despite being a big Nintendo fan; never had the patience for that type of game when I was younger. Powering through those six games in a handful of months might be one my favourite gaming memories and experiences. I heard Link's Awakening is good, and I want to get that done sometime next year, Minish Cap and the Season games would be good as well.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older and I'm noticing some fairly obvious blind spots and I want to correct that. It could be people like Dan who make a conscious effort to devote themselves to moving out of their comfort zone. I like to see it as an ongoing project of sorts. It's part of a personal improvement thing as well, this year I went to my first concert and I moved out on my own for the first time, and I've been going to the gym this year for the first time. Next year I'm planning to beat the first 4 Dragon Quest games, since I'm a big DQ fan and I haven't gotten around to it. 2018 seems like a good year for the year of Dragon Quest.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nicksmi56

@spikexmrspatula: I know what you mean! Ni No Kuni at the beginning of this year was the first JRPG I ever beat, for the same reasons as you (no patience when I was younger). I didn't power through a bunch of them like you did for Zelda (because they take forever XD) but I did immensely enjoy my time with the two I managed to complete, to the point where Persona 4 is either my GOTY or runner-up. So I'm also planning to start playing a lot more of those, and I flipped when my girlfriend got me Persona 5 for my birthday.

And by complete coincidence, I'm also planning to start hitting the gym next year lol. My girlfriend says she's not good-looking enough to get a guy with abs. I intend to prove her wrong ^_^ and I also miss my skinnier days. Dang it, college XD

And which Zelda wound up being your favorite?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Giant_Gamer

Yakuza 0

inFamous Second Son

Game of Thrones the telltale game

Shadow of Mordor

Batman Arkham Knight

The Evil Within

Destiny 2

Persona 5 - i have been playing it for more than a month but i will beat it this year.

spikexmrspatula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spikexmrspatula

@nicksmi56: I wasn't a big fan of Ni No Kuni when I beat it years ago, but I could see it being a good steeping stone into JRPGs since it's got a bit of Pokemon in it. Actually that game is so beautiful it might be a bit of a let down going to a different JRPG since JRPGs aren't typically lookers. You might want to take a little break between Persona 4 and 5, since they are very similar types of games, and 5 is quite a bit longer than any other Persona game. Despite Zelda playing very similarly every game had a unique vibe and atmosphere, so it didn't really feel like a slog to get through them. Aside from parts of Twilight Princess, which eh, wasn't really my thing. Ohhhhh, favourite Zelda. Probably BOTW, since it was unlike anything I've ever played before, although A Link To The Past is real close. It reminded me of Chrono Trigger in that it doesn't matter when you play it, it will always hold up, and is truly timeless. I played Chrono Trigger years after original release since I'm European and A Link To The Past really gave me a similar kind of feeling while playing it. Least favourite is Twilight Princess by quite a bit, although parts of Majora's certainly tested my patience.

Good for you though duder, the gym can be quite intimidating to join at first, but I felt so much better about myself when I went. Just remember everyone is there to improve themselves, only assholes are going to judge you. At least you can tell your girlfriend you learned about the secrets of Funky Student this year.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By nicksmi56

@spikexmrspatula: Don't worry, I've already reserved Persona 5 as the last PS3 game I'll beat before I more or less retire the system, so it'll be a while before I get to it.

And I've tried working out before, I just lack the conscious effort to get myself to go. It's more laziness than anything else, but I'm gonna try my best to knock the cobwebs out of my brain and just go for it :)

I've only played Ocarina and Majora, and Majora takes the crown handily for me. Also a top contender for my GOTY.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By odinsmana
  1. Yakuza 0
  2. Yakuza Kiwami
  3. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 collection
  4. For Honor
  5. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  6. Persona 5
  7. Mass Effect Andromeda
  8. Nier Automata
  9. Tekken 7
  10. Crash N. Sane Trilogy
  11. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
  12. Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  13. Virtues Last Reward
  14. Zero Time Dilemma
  15. Ace Attorney Investigations 2
  16. The Painscreek Killings
  17. Sorcery part 1-4
  18. Shadow Warrior 2
  19. Tyranny
  20. Oxenfree
  21. Evoland 2
  22. Doki Doki Literature Club
  23. Sonic Generations
  24. Dead Rising
  25. Owlboy
  26. Shardlight
  27. Rollers of the realm
  28. Castlevania Circle of the Moon
  29. Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
  30. Castlevania Aria Of Sorrow
  31. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
  32. Castlevania Order of Eclessia
  33. Radiant Historia
  34. Tactics Ogre Knight of Lodis
  35. Medal of Honor Underground
  36. The Room 2
  37. Tearaway Unfolded
  38. Not A hero
  39. Titan Souls
  40. Titanfall 2
  41. Gravity Rush
  42. Red Faction
  43. Momodora: Reverie Under Moonlight
  44. Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
  45. What Remains of Edith Finch
  46. Pyre
  47. Lara Croft Go

I also replayed Yakuza 5, Total War: Rome 2, Mass Effect 3, Spyro 1-3 and FEAR if that counts. There is probably some stuff I forgot, but that`s most of what I`ve played this year which means I`ve played about 57 games this year which is probably way too many video games.

elmorales94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By elmorales94

I'm actually pretty disappointed that this number isn't higher. I may be off by a handful, but color me dissatisfied.

1. SUPERHOT
  2. Dream Daddy
  3. Persona 5
  4. Nier: Automata
  5. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  6. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  7. Splatoon 2
  8. The Sexy Brutale
  9. Night in the Woods
  10. Doki Doki Literature Club
  11. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  12. What Remains of Edith Finch
  13. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
  14. Mighty Gunvolt Burst
  15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  16. Super Mario Odyssey
  17. Horizon: Zero Dawn
  18. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
  19. Mafia III
  20. Titanfall 2
  21. Inside
  22. Abzu
  23. The Last Guardian
  24. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  25. Shadow Complex
  26. Injustice: Gods Among Us
  27. Picross S
  28. Job Simulator
  29. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

About about five....I only bought eight. From January to June I was playing daily, but I have played so few games in the last few months. Summer was a beastly busy for me, and being that busy just go me out of the habit.

BigWookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BigWookie

I actually made a list so I could work this out. I thought it would be about 20, but it's actually 35! I am slightly embarrassed by this - I think my new year resolution will be to play less games. Anyway, the games I completed during 2017 were...

1. Assassin's Creed Origins (still playing this one, but I think I will get it done before the end of the year)
  2. Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  3. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record
  4. Dead Rising 4
  5. Divinity: Original Sin 2
  6. Firewatch
  7. Getting Over It With Bennett Foddy
  8. Hidden Folks
  9. Hob
  10. Hollow Knight
  11. Human: Fall Flat
  12. Hyper Light Drifter
  13. Inside
  14. Life is Strange
  15. Mafia 3
  16. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  17. Nier Automata
  18. Night in the Woods
  19. Owlboy
  20. Oxenfree
  21. Pillars of Eternity
  22. Planet Coaster (this might be one that can’t really be completed in the traditional sense, but I definitely had my fill)
  23. PUBG (this is also one that can't be completed in the traditional sense, but again I definitely had my fill)
  24. Resident Evil 7
  25. Rime
  26. Shadow of War
  27. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  28. Steam World Dig 2
  29. Super Mario Odyssey
  30. Superhot
  31. The Witness
  32. VVVVVV
  33. War for the Overworld
  34. What Remains of Edith Finch
  35. Zelda: BOTW

I completed WAY more games that I abandoned - other games I played but gave up on (for various reasons) were...

1. Abzu
  2. Berserk and the Band of the Hawk
  3. Doom
  4. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
  5. Nioh
  6. Oklhlos: Omega
  7. Ori and the Blind Forest
  8. Quantum Break
  9. Resident Evil 6
  10. Satellite Reign
  11. Stephen’s Sausage Roll
  12. Tales of Berseria
  13. Virgina
Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Roughly 13; less than half of which released this year.

Horizon: Zero Dawn
Breath of the Wild
PubG (I got a chicken dinner)
Destiny 2
RE7 (I watched a Let's play, but I count it still. I put in the time at least)

(Unfinished from this year)

Nier: Automata
Samus Returns
Cuphead
Prey
Persona 5

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@nicksmi56: Ni No Kuni was great! I made that the very last Ps3 game I finished before the Ps4 came out and I boxed it up. It had been like 4 or 5 years since I finished a Jrpg at that point. I think I've only ever finished 3. Persona 5 is hopefully the next one. I got halfway through the game earlier this year and need to go back to it soon.

Also, good luck on getting in shape!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Not a ton...Life's kept me busy...

Wolfenstein 2

Nier

Injustice 2

Thimblweed Park

Destiny 2

Oxenfree

Late Shift

...I replayed Wolfenstein: The New Order earlier this fall...that was a pretty great trip down memory lane...

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nicksmi56

@themanwithnoplan: Thanks, man! I'll do my best! :D

And it really was a great game :) I would totally get the sequel if I had any way to play it!

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Stalling out around 38. I was shooting for 52, but Divinity 2 and Yakuza 0 (both in progress) had a way of derailing that. Got 300 hrs in those collectively already...

I keep my list here

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/slag/lists/52n365-2017-edition/358944/

I'm experimenting using a points system instead of just a raw count. What I've discovered about myself in years past, that a raw count approach disincentivizes me from playing long games like Skyrim or Witcher ro from messing around in post game. So by treating like an arcade scoring system a bit I can make sure that I play stuff I enjoy or want to tackle (like a backlog), not just what I clear the quickest.

If you are curious, you can see how I've currently setup to work etc in the link above. I welcome any feedback.

52n365 - 2017 Edition

1. The Room
cleared 1/3/17- 1.5 pt. Wasn't terribly impressed this one. I bet it's neat on mobile though. 100% achievements
2. Tom Clancy's The Division
cleared 1/7/17- 3 points- I've got 120+hours into this and likely to do a lot more with friends, so definitely earned my 3 points here.
3. The Room Two
cleared 1/28/17- 1.5 pt. A little better than the first since it has more variety, though more of the same basically. I didn't like that the devs begged for a steam review in teh final credits. 100% achievements
4. Odallus: The Dark Call
cleared 2/4/17 - 1 pt- This is a really satisfying NES style action platformer, the story is really awful even by NES standards and the final boss was rough stuff (took me 20+ tries) but man this plays and feels great.
5. Firewatch
Cleared 2/4/17- 1.5 pt- I thought this game was overhyped but it actually lived up to what I hoped.Short but feels deep and the natural scenery was fun to hike through despite being a little tough at times to wayfind given the intentionally muddy textures. This is probably handsdown better than Oxenfree which I included in my GotY. It isn't perfect, there's a real lack of fauna and animal sunds in the game which is disturbing for the national forest and the while the VA work is decent they aren't written and don't sound period or location appropriate to me. I found the backstory to be deeply upsetting, but it's nice to see a game address that topic with some care. 100% achievements
6. Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries
cleared 2/9/17- 1 point -I knew this game had problems, but I couldn't help myself when it was 3 bucks. Unfortunately 3 bucks is basically the right price. The game has a lot of heart, a great steampunk cartoony aesthetic and a potentially interesting take on the Grimm Fairytales universe (where an industrialist using toy soliders creates the 19th century version of the Automation crisis) and some pretty neat ambitions. However It's far too short, many mechanics are only introduced at the very end of the game and used far too sparingly. The Collision detection is absolutely awful, Hitboxes are wildly inconsistent. I've had platforming deaths in mid air over platforms while a good several feet from touching anything. I've had Red insta-die in boss fights when the boss isn't even attacking. The VA work leaves a lot to be desired, not to mention it seems as though they cut all villain dialogue to probably get this thing to ship. Red sometimes rhymes, sometimes doesn't in a way that's strange. There's a good game buried here under the jank and crap, they just probably needed a lot more money to make it right.
7. Cities: Skylines
cleared 2/12/17- 2 points - I'm considering 100k population as the win condition as that's the last achievement for population size. Really though this game has no endgame unless you count scenarios. I don't think the UI and the onboarding is as good as SimCity of yore, but I'd play this over those anyday given how much better the Sims and population size potential is. Already got 22 hours or so in, probably going to do more, therefore 2 points.
8. Hyper Light Drifter
Cleared 2/17/17 -1 point - This was a very slow starter for me and to be honest even by the end I didn't feel confident how the Drifter would move vs what I wanted him to. But I think that may have been just issues with my cheap controller and the operator (me). There's a lot to love about this game, the combat conceit is awesome. Dashing sword based melee to charge gun attacks makes it like harder fast paced Zelda. The exploration and collectibles are numerous, the sound is and atmosphere and colors are very eerie in an 80's Balderunner way.I could have used a more clearly depicted story even if it remained wordless and vague, but the pixel art in the "dialogue" was really hard to parse in too many places. If the game was going to rely on symbolism, I need to be at least able to recognize the symbols. All in all though, this and Ittle Dew are proof that we need a lot more games to make their own take on the classic zelda formula.
9. Hatoful Boyfriend
Cleared 2/18/17 - 1 point- Absurdist Visual Novel at it's best. No reason not to play it for anyone.
10. Metal Slug 3
cleared 2/23/17 - 2 points (backlog bonus)- Boy is this one neat. Branching Paths, goofy wacky enemies, screen filling massive bosses and wonderful sprite work. The Difficulty, like most arcade game ports, is really whacked out coming to PC though. If you treat as it's meant to be played, it's way too hard. If you take advantage of the infinite continues it becomes a cakewalk. Good one to get off the ole backlog
11. Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China
cleared 2/25/17 -1 point - I enjoyed this one, in spite of itself at times. On the downside The game heavily encourages you to play it in the least fun way it has to offer (sneaking no violence), it has a ton of mechanics you basically have no reason to use that it dripfeeds you all the way to the end (and some in postgame) and some of the controls are wonky because it's 2d. On the plus side the water painting backdrops are gorgeous, when the game flows it really works, the checkpointing is extremelu generous and Shao Jun is a neat character even if they don't really flesh her out.
12. Jotun
cleared 2/28/17 - 1 point- This kinda reminds me of Never Alone crossed with Hyper Light Drifter. While the core design is good and the scenes fantastic (and especially the hand drawn artstyle), the pacing is off. There are long periods of just walking and Thora feels very slow and sluggish given her very small size on screen. Interesting game though
13. Severed
cleared 4/1/17 -1.5 points-100% items. What a fun little and inventive game. Drinkbox's signature style knocked it out of the park yet again, really excited to see what they do next.
14. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
cleared 5/18/17 - 3 points - The best laid plans of mice and men... My goal may be nearly unattainable now thanks to Zelda( been playing for two months and counting). But it's totally worth it to play an all time classic.
15. Super Metroid
cleared 7/4/17 - 1 point - Given that Zelda got me perhaps hopelessly off track, I decided to just tackle Fire Emblem: Shadow of Valentia next which given the way I play it is another huge game. But while I was mid way through that, Metroid Prime 4 ws announced and I figured now was as good of a time as any to right a gaming wrong of mine. Super Metroid is a wonderful game, maybe the most timeless game I've ever played.
16. Lara Croft Go
cleared 7/18/17- 1.5 points- What an awesome little game this is! Boy I hope they make a sequel to it.
17. 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
cleared 7/23/17- 2.5 points - What a great visual novel this is! The QOL enhancements for PC definitely make this pretty easy to replay the necessary times to find out the whole story
18. Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
cleared 7/26/17- 2.5 points - I've heard from friends that this was the better game at release due to the QoL features 999 didn't have. Well both have them now and VLR is definitely an inferior game, the plot is all over the place and has maybe 15 hours worth of story spread out over 40.
19. Super Mario Maker
cleared 8/2/17 - 1 point - Finally got around to beating the closest thing to a story mode. Gotta say definitely not nearly as enamored with this as the GB staff was. It's fun don't get me wrong, but it's very aimless and worse Nintendo gates the best creation tools behind arbitrary time limits. I just don't play games that way. I tend to binge on them, so having to play for short bursts every day is not how I want to unlock things.
20. Mario Kart 8
cleared 8/9/17 - 1 point - Debated whether to include this. Crushed the cups at a buddy's house. Typically when I play Mario Kart I don't consider it done till i beat all the cups on 150cc, but I suppose you really have beaten the game if you do it on 50cc.
21. Fire Emblem Heroes
cleared 8/17/17- 1 point - I'm scared to see how many hours I've quickly put into this. Definitely got its f2p hooks deep into me. While the single player campaign doesn't feel over narratively at all, I have cleared everything that's currently available.
22. I Am Alive
cleared 8/20/17- 1 point - Played at a buddy's house and glad I did. Ambitious in premise, rote in execution. The plot is basically one giant side fetch quest that is at best tangentially related to the plot, which makes the whole thing very unsatisfying.
23. Abzû
cleared 8/26/17 - 1 point - Better visuals than Journey but without the multiplayer aspect it really loses most of what made Journey special.
24. Spec Ops: The Line
cleared 8/28/17 - 2 points (backlog bonus) -An example of how poor storytelling is in games when a run of the mill cover shooter can basically rip Heart of Darkness's plot and it feels like the freshest thing ever. Still that being said, very good game.
25. SOMA
cleared 8/30/2017 - 1.5 points (chhevos) -One of the rare games where the game itself got in the way. The story was pretty good and I like the whole idea of deep Sea horror. I did feel the plot maybe revealed too much too quickly so the last bits of the game lacked a lot of weight I felt it should. Kinda nice to have a protagonist who has some emotional common sense though.
26. The Turing Test
cleared 8/31/2017- 1.5 points-
27. Orcs Must Die!
cleared 9/2/2017 - 2 points (backlog bonus) - Boy is this fun, genius concept, looks great even today and controls really well. The humor was striking in dated it already feels. What's acceptable behavior towards female characters in gaming has really changed since 2011. I could see why the devs though OMD was destined for better things. Too bad they went the MOBA route.
28. Cosmic Star Heroine
cleared 9/6/2017 - 1.5 points -100% cheevos. Finally Zeboyd made a game I honestly like. And now it doesn't sell. As usual the battle system is their forte with ever escalating stakes as the battle carries on. The atmosphere and backgrounds of the game is great. However the story telling and characterization is still terrible. I may have rose colored glassses when it comes to 16 bit RPGs, but Zeboyd really needs to improve still there.
29. Soul Gambler
cleared 9/6/2017 - 1 point - I honestly don't know if this game is ok or not. the Translation is god awful, really ruined my enjoyment of a game that's basically all reading.
30. Defy Gravity Extended
cleared 9/9/2017 - 2 points (backlog Bonus)- Boy indie games from 2011 was a different era. A lot of this game feels cheap and frankly wouldn't fly today. At least the music was good.
31. Ray Gigant
cleared 9/17/2017 - 2 points- While I'm tempted to give myself credit for 100% achievements since there are some broken on Steam there is one cheevo I'm not sure I would have unlocked.
32. Inside
cleared 9/18/2017 - 1.5 points (100% achievements) - I'm not crazy about how many themes of Limbo it rehashes but Inside is such a nice refinement I can forgive it that. Gorgeous production
33. River City Ransom: Underground
cleared 9/20/2017 - 1 point
34. Metroid: Samus Returns
cleared 10/01/2017 - 1.5 points
35. Metroid: Zero Mission
cleared 10/09/2017 -1 point
36. Submerged
cleared 10/10/2017 - 1.5 points
37. Roundabout
cleared 10/14/2017 - 2 points (backlog bonus)
38. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
cleared 12/1/2017 - 1 point
MorganjRowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive PLAYED a number of games but Im not sure about FINISHED. A number of them don't have defined endings, like Oxygen Not Included or Solitaire or Candy Crush or what have you. But come to think of it I haven't even finished the games that I own that DO have an ending...cough Night in the Woods

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Axersia

Quite a lot for my standards considering how many RPGs were in there, including two 60+ hour Xenoblade games.

In order:

1. P.N.03 (GC)
  2. Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie (GC)
  3. Pokemon Colosseum (GC)
  4. Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (GC)
  5. Spyro: A Hero's Tale (GC)
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)
  7. Nier Automata (PS4)
  8. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap (Switch)
  9. Kamiko (Switch)
  10. Dragon Quest Heroes II (PS4)
  11. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4)
  12. The 3rd Birthday (PSP)
  13. Final Fantasy X-2 HD (PS4)
  14. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (PS4)
  15. Dragon Quest XI (PS4)
  16. The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (DS)
  17. Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)
  18. Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PS4)
  19. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (3DS)
  20. Contact (DS)
  21. Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
  22. Magical Starsign (DS)
  23. .hack//G.U. vol. 1//Rebirth HD (PS4)
  24. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Switch)
Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

10 finished (in that I saw credits). Put a lot of hours (for me) into PUBG this year which has taken up a bit of time. A lot of longer games for me than usual

Games Finished:

- Inside

- Overcooked

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Thimbleweed Park

- Full Throttle

- Persona 5

- Golf Story

- Super Mario Odyssey

- Night in the Woods

- Wolfenstein II

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

*taps mic*

Games are too long for people with jobs and stuff these days.

*walks away from mic*

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

♪ Shift+enter is your friend ♪

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I'm normally in the 15 to 20 range but this year I've managed to get through 28 thus far. It's theoretically possible I could finish another game or two before the year ends but it seems unlikely at the moment as I haven't been able to play anything consistently since finishing Wolfenstein 2 over a month ago.

1. resident evil 7
  2. abzu
  3. the swapper
  4. sleeping dogs
  5. lara croft go
  6. the fall
  7. captain toad treasure tracker
  8. splatoon
  9. littlebigplanet 3
  10. syndicate
  11. zelda breath of the wild
  12. invisible inc
  13. flower
  14. catherine
  15. rise of the tomb raider
  16. banner saga 2
  17. oxenfree
  18. professor layton and the curious village
  19. shovel knight
  20. mario golf world tour
  21. horizon zero dawn
  22. uncharted lost legacy
  23. severed
  24. superhot
  25. destiny 2
  26. inside
  27. boxboxboy
  28. wolfenstein 2
Superharman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

27? Damn, that's a lot but I pretty much will finish most games I start, just that type of person. I'm taking finish as seeing credits and it needs to be something I'm doing for the first time (unless it's a remaster). Also not including DLC for titles that came out in previous years:

1. Final Fantasy XV
  2. Picross 3D Round 2
  3. Battlefied One
  4. Dishonored 2
  5. Final Fantasy VII
  6. Final Fantasy V
  7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  9. Final Fantasy IX
  10. Wonder Boy: The Dragons Trap (technically I finished this when I was 11 but it's remastered enough)
  11. Mario Kart 8
  12. Final Fantasy II
  13. Injustice 2
  14. Nier Automata
  15. Final Fantasy X
  16. Final Fantasy IV
  17. Final Fantasy XIII
  18. Final Fantasy II
  19. Metroid: Samus Returns
  20. Cuphead
  21. Super Mario Odyssey
  22. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus
  23. Night in the Woods
  24. Trackless
  25. Tacoma
  26. Doki Doki Literature Club
  27. Observer
voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat the following this year.

Zelda Breath of the Wild switch

Mass Effect 2 pc

DOOM 2016 pc

Mass Effect 3 pc

Nier Automata ABCDE

Horizon Zero Dawn

Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus pc

Wolfenstein New Order pc

Deus Ex Human Revolution pc

Last of Us ps4

Uncharted ps4

Mega Man 2 ps4

Halo 3 xbox

Injustice 2 ps4

South Park Fx But Whole PS4

Batman Arkham Asylum pc

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kedi2
  1. Wolfenstein II
  2. Injustice 2
  3. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  4. Gone Home
  5. Battlefield 3
  6. Oxenfree
  7. Slime Rancher
  8. For Honor
  9. Red Faction Armageddon
  10. Bayonetta
  11. Phantom Dust
  12. Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
  13. RAGE
  14. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  15. Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
  16. Dead Rising 2: Case West
  17. Ghostbusters
  18. Medal of Honor Airborne
  19. Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
  20. Shadows of the Damned
  21. Resident Evil HD
  22. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  23. Resident Evil 4
  24. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  25. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  26. Layers of Fear
  27. Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
  28. Battlefield 1
  29. Dear Esther
  30. Catherine

I am currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda and will most likely finish it by the end of the year. I've also played through the first two episodes of Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and I believe the third episode is slated to come out before the end of the year, so I should have that done as well.

kuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Limbo
  2. Doom
  3. Hitman
  4. Zelda BotW
  5. Jotun
  6. Knights of the Old Republic 2
  7. DIRT 3
  8. Skyrim
  9. Her Story
  10. Titan Souls
  11. Enslaved
  12. Rebel Galaxy

I thinks that's all, at least according to Steam. I am also finishing Risen 3, so it will probably make this list.

PlinyTheWelder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PlinyTheWelder

It was another great year for indie games. And I got a ps4 this year and finished several of the excellent exclusives they released

NeverGameOver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

16 so far

• Demon's Souls (x3 for Platinum)
  • Witcher 3 (blood and broken bones playthrough for Platinum)
  • Nioh
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (Hard)
  • Heavy Rain
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Wolfenstein: The New Colossus
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  • Steamworld Dig 2
  • Madden 18 (Longshot Story Mode)
  • XCom EW: Classic Ironman
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Hollow Knight

I will definitely add:

• Life is Strange: Before the Storm as soon as ep 3 comes out
  • Night in the Woods before the GOTY podcasts

I might add Mass Effect Andromeda and Prey if I can motivate myself to go back to them.

I probably won't finish Shadow of War (that game kinda sucks), and I don' t think I'll go back to Mad Max, even though I'm probably 80% of the way through that one.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fnrslvr

Not many that I can remember:

• Zelda: BotW
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Wolfenstein: the New Order
  • I think I finished The Witness just after the turn of the new year, which I guess means it counts

Currently working on Wolfenstein 2 (currently set to be #2 on my GOTY list behind Zelda, this game is amazing and I have basically none of the gameplay gripes others have had with it), should get back onto Sonic Mania, and I guess I should wrap up DOOM one day. Stuff I'm trying to get to before Giant Bomb GOTY includes Night in the Woods, Prey, Life is Strange: Before the Storm, and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

But honestly, I have amassed a ridiculous pile of shame over the course of the past year or so. My Steam account alone should give you some idea how big of a hole I've managed to dig for myself, and then there's other stuff on Xbox. Granted a lot of it has accumulated from Humble Bundles/Monthlies and I've probably only plunged a couple of hundred dollars into the pile of shame, but there's definitely no way I'm getting through it all anytime soon (ever?), especially if the career continues to keep on its feet.

EDIT: I should mention that it probably didn't help that, between Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I've almost certainly put in more than 400 hours.

HugoBossk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've finished around 60 games this year! But about 20 of those were NES/SNES games, and a few were arcade games. So if we're talking games of a reasonably long variety, probably around 30. I think the longest game I beat this year was horizon, which isn't that long to begin with.