• 87 results
jello44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By jello44

I almost always buy new; but if I can find a much better deal on it being used, I will go with that.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By niamahai

just bought Shadow of the Damned new because I hate money. GGGGGRRRRRR.

also bought Trenched 'cause I hate digital money too! YAAARRRGGGHHHH

ALSO I'M GONNA BUY CATHERINE COLLECTOR'S EDITION NEXT MONTH 'CAUSE THAT BITCH DESERVES IT!

face15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By face15

I almost always buy games new. The only time I buy preowned is when I see an old game on sale that I never played.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Cincaid

@niamahai said:

just bought Shadow of the Damned new because I hate money. GGGGGRRRRRR.

also bought Trenched 'cause I hate digital money too! YAAARRRGGGHHHH

ALSO I'M GONNA BUY CATHERINE COLLECTOR'S EDITION NEXT MONTH 'CAUSE THAT BITCH DESERVES IT!

Excellent post, made me spit out my coffee in laughter.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DelroyLindo

New, but I wait a few months till they are £20

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't buy used games, but these days I sort of don't have alot of cash to keep buying games. I might rent, it's either buy or occassionally rent.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I've bought only one used game in my life. I'm totally against it. Though, I also rarely buy games at full price.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Pretty much most of the time. The only reasons I buy pre-owned are if it is at a really good price or if it is a rare game that's being sold on Ebay.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By dagas

I buy them new, but not at release. I wait until they have dropped in price. For example Fallout New Vegas that I'm currently playing is no less fun now than it would have been 8 months ago, but a hell of a lot cheaper. There are only a couple of games each year that I buy brand new at launch because I just can't wait. Not sure how much the developer get's when I buy the game when it has dropped to €15, but it must be more than the €0 they get if I were to buy it used.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SlasherMan

Always new, usually a few months after release (launch purchases are reserved for special titles, or good deals). Buying used just doesn't make sense to me when it usually barely saves a few dollars.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Wacomole
@JJWeatherman said:

I'm surprised at how many people chose A. That's quite a bit of money to be spending.

Not if you don't feel the overwhelming compulsion to immediately buy every single game that comes onto the market.   
I used to have that feeling back in my late teens, but then again games were my job and I usually wasn't spending my own money to buy them.

Nowadays I tend to buy mostly the "bigger" games of the year and they're, on the whole, ones that I pretty much know I'll get a good lot of use out of.   Consequently I'm pretty happy to replay games in my collection when I feel the need for some recreation.
Also I'm just as happy playing a bit of BejeweledChimeor one of the PixelJunk games downloaded from PSN (or even games from the Android Market) as I am cracking open one of the blockbusters when I just want to pass a bit of time.

Anyway, in terms of the topic at hand, I've never bought a game used  (and never sold one either).
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By sameeeeam

Always.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By mattbosten

Almost always. However I rarely buy games on day 1, I wait for them to drop down to £20-25 before buying.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By l4wd0g

I can't justify buying used (unless it is no longer produced). Developers should get their money, not GameStop, Best Buy, or Amazon.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Brand new? Oh, not often at all. I pretty much have to know I'll love it before I dump full retail price for it. This year, brand new, I've only purchased Mortal Kombat, Test Drive Unlimited 2, and L.A. Noire. Bunch of pre-owned stuff, but not many new games.

evilrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#66  Edited By evilrazer

In Ukraine games for PC are pretty cheap, like $14 per new copy of the game so I buy them regularly. I also have a PS3 and I tend to buy used games from Shopto.net or borrow a copy from my friends. This year I've bought MK and L.A. Noire for my PS3 on the first day of sales.

JayDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By JayDubya

I always buy new but I do order from the cheapest store on the internet. My way of saving money.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#68  Edited By zyn

A. I never, NEVER buy Pre-owned games.  NEVER!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Stete

99% of the time I buy new, I only buy used when im gonna buy an old game and it's ridiculously cheaper to buy it used such as the first Motorstorm for 3 quid.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By phrosnite

I can't buy pre-owned games and even if I could I wouldn't! I'm currently catching up on old games but I buy like 5 new games every year.

Hargreaves93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hargreaves93

Very rarely. I tend to buy pre-owned games a lot more because I simply don't have the money! However, if it's a game I really want I will fork out the extra money for a new copy. Such examples would be Gears of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

Khadyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Khadyn

I try my hardest to buy the games I WANT to play/own launch day but, its gotten to the point where I'm so far behind that I just get it when I can at full price to support the developers. Don't get me wrong, I have skipped previous games to play a current just launched title (Batman / Infamous 2 are good examples) due to hype or decent reviews. This holiday 2011 is going to be some serious I'm fucking flat broke with what is being released and buying what I want right away.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Vexxan

Only bought pre-owned like once or twice in my entire life...new is the way to go!

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx
@Enigma777 said:

The only time I buy preowned games is when they're really old and I can't find a new copy at a respectable price.

This ^
korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#75  Edited By korolev

If it's a game I'm looking forward to, or a game I think deserves support, I'll buy new. I almost always buy new. I'll only by a used game if I'm unsure as to the quality of the game or if I don't particularly care for the developer, since as long as the disc isn't scratched or corrupted, you get the exact same experience (sans multiplayer in some cases, but I'm not big on multiplayer).

Virtually all my games are new. I've only ever bought.... what, 4 used games? 5? And two of them were only because I couldn't get the original. Of my current gen games library of..... let's see.....60-ish games (lightweight compared to some of you, I know), I've only ever bought 5 used games. So I generally buy new. I know, I know, often preowned games are just as good, but I like to support good developers and I like to buy games when they first come out, if I can.

Grumbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 99

#76  Edited By Grumbel

That depends, these days I buy most of my stuff "new", as buying "used" wouldn't make much price difference or whatever price difference there is would be eaten away by paying for shipping, while Amazon ships for free (and when its Steam or GoG new is really the only option anyway). However I almost never buy stuff on launch day, only when its month or years old and got rereleases as Platinum, Classic or whatever edition, so I rarely ever pay more then $20 for a game.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

There are a number of mom and pop used video game places in my city. I almost never have time to play everything when it first comes out, so I buy used from them.

CryingHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#78  Edited By CryingHero

I generally buy my games new. The games that I buy pre-owned (which I answered) are the ones I think that I think I won't like. I also frequently buy sports games pre-owned. Rarely do I buy games pre-owned if I can avoid it however.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Burns098356GX

The only time Ive bought used is when I wanted a copy of mass effect 1, but couldn't find a new one.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Teoball

I consume games at an alarming rate and always at full price.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By SlightConfuse

I wait for the price to drop unless its something i really want like la noire

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#82  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The large majority of the time, usually because my local stores don't carry a lot of the newer titles used.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By shadows_kill

I buy new unless theres a really good deal on used. 

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By lockwoodx

I only buy new games but only about 1 full price per year. Nothing else is really worth it.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MeierTheRed

98% of the time i buy new games. I only buy second hand games if i know its a game i will only play once, or only mildly enjoy.

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BoatDrinks

Two or three games a year I might buy at full price. This year probably gears and skyrim pending review scores. I bought Mortal Kombat at $60 but my trade-ins at gamestop covered it.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#87  Edited By Hizang

I'm happy to pay like £20 for a game new, even if there is a pre-owned version for £10.