How to make the dark text on the forums a little brighter

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Insectecutor

I find the forum names, author names and last post times are too dark to read easily in the forums and on the homepage.

If you have Stylish for Firefox you can use this code to make them the same color as the status updates (double the brightness). This is intended for the dark background. 

@-moz-document domain('giantbomb.com') {
  .forums tbody td.title a.board, .pms tbody td.title a.board,
  .forums tbody td.user, .pms tbody td.user, a.btn-icon {
    color:#666666 !important;
  }

If you don't have Stylish you can apparently add this to a file called userContent.css in the <your firefox profile>\chrome directory, but that didn't work for me.

Hope this is of use to someone out there besides me...

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You could calibrate your monitor more.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#3  Edited By LordAndrew
@HitmanAgent47: I'd much rather make Giant Bomb work for me than forcing my monitor to work for Giant Bomb. And it may not even be possible I've tried changing my monitor settings to make Giant Bomb look decent, and it ended up making everything else look like shit.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@LordAndrew: I hope you know I spend alot of time calibrating my hdtvs even for others properly with programs. Your display whether you like it or not, might not be displaying as how the site intended.  

I do understand now not everyone has done calibration and understand what I mean, however plz try to understand there are professional calibrators out there for displays, your display might be terribly calibrated.  

For the op, you can also futher adjust your settings in the nvidia control panel under adjust desktop color. You can then change the way things look since the nvidia control panels is not calibrated anyways. If you have ati, I can't help you. That might be another suggestion to others who has that problem. I didn't notice anything wrong with the way the site looks for me, it's perfect right now.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Insectecutor: screen cap?
Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Defias

No Caption Provided

Grey font brighter and easier to read. Thanks makes it far easier
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Cool. It works and took less than a minute to do. Thanks.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Insectecutor
@HitmanAgent47:  Holy crap there are controls on my monitor?!

I have calibrated my screen as best as possible. Unfortunately Firefox doesn't honour ICC profiles for anything other than images, so I get whatever Benq dictates to be sRGB (which is a pretty good approximation for a TFT). For calibration to be effective the ambient light level in the room must be constant (i.e. always the same as when the device was originally calibrated). When I'm working this is true, but when I'm just reading GB in the morning with the sun shining in it severely affects the contrast.

@Defias: Thanks for the screenshot! :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Here is an image I used to calibrate contrast and gamma on my screen. I made it myself because the ones I found were not very useful to me.

Your screen should show as many of the nested squares as possible on both sides at the same time.  The white one is tough.
Your screen should show as many of the nested squares as possible on both sides at the same time.  The white one is tough.