How would you fix mobile/gacha/pay2win/money mechanics in free to play games

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll How would you fix mobile/gacha/pay2win/money mechanics in free to play games (20 votes)

You can't, get rid of free to play, (it's too late should have stopped them at horse armor) 10%
Add a option to pay premium to get all the options unlocked at a normal pace. (like a real old game) 25%
Make them worth the addictive nature (assuming most are low hanging fruit quick makes to attract nongamers) 5%
Make them more immersive (strong stories, updates, quick games for waiting on lines) 5%
Make them longer, (I got the time) 0%
Make them look better and play better ( ignoring the other issues) 5%
I hate all mobile games and will never get into them, they rubbed me bad from day 1 10%
Mobile phones need controls and don't at the same time, screen doesnt work but i dont play switch on a subway. For example. 0%
None of the above 40%

This question goes off the caveat we know that free to play pays for many devs to make games and for the current games to not just all be AAA and taking 4 years. It's so they get paid and improve games but, yes they shouldn't exploit people for the most part, but that's my opinion. I honestly think people like to support and it makes DLC free for the people who can't pay. I don't like hurting whales who don't like being abused, whales being people who are large donators to games. Anyway, sound off.

• 
Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of the above.

I play a lot of Gacha games and I have no interest in outsiders looking in and telling me what's wrong with them. Go about your own interests.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't exactly hate phone games, I've never really played any beyond angry birds a couple of times. I do hate mobile phones (especially smart phones) though, so I picked that. I've never owned a smart phone (don't currently own a mobile of any description) and I can't imagine I ever will.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't have any student lone debt, so just let me buy the game for $20 so I don't have to deal with shit like waiting for my energy to refill.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@efesell: As a genuine question, how do you keep up with multiple gacha games? I think I can only manage about 2-3 F2P games (mobile or otherwise) at the same time.

Each one feels like its own part time job. The dailies, I must do them :(

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Mostly I just have one at a time that I play for real and then a couple of others that I just sort of lazily keep track of until there's an interesting event or something to shift THAT game into the primary spot.

But for the most part they're time wasters so I'm rarely keeping track of dailies every single day.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Out of those options, I went with "Make them look better and play better". I like the idea of gacha games, but I rarely enjoy them enough to put any money into them.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

@efesell said:

None of the above.

I play a lot of Gacha games and I have no interest in outsiders looking in and telling me what's wrong with them. Go about your own interests.

High five ✋

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have only played a couple Gacha games in my life, because most don't appeal to me. I'm not going to tell other people what to enjoy, but for me, the Gacha aspects need to be completely cosmetic, or there at least needs to be a reasonable path to F2P success. I played Hearthstone for several years without putting in a dime, and never felt like I was at a disadvantage because of it. Mahjong Soul has rotten odds on their gacha (though I've apparently been luckier than most), but it is entirely for getting cute anime girls/guys. I have put money into this one, but mostly in the "tip jar" sort of way. I get enough enjoyment from it that I'm fine paying $5/month. The game is a pretty solid free mahjong client, even without the waifus. My daughter plays Genshin, and while that one does have stronger characters locked behind the gacha barrier, there is a lot to do in that game that you don't need them for. I'm not sure I would have the patience for it, but she has gotten dozens of hours of enjoyment from it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slap a 'gamble responsibly' warning on the front of the thing and carry on.

puggest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fortnite's PVE mode actually has a really good solution to this. Every 24 hours you are presented with two chests (llamas) and you are able to see what the contents of both are before you make the purchase. When the 24 hours is up it cycles both chests into new types and contents at random. This doesn't even stop or prevent the heavy gamblers, because the unknown factor remains in what else is under the stack, but it enables people who want to be careful with their limited currency to use it when it matters most.

Imagine any other gacha game with this option, from Genshin to the notorious Fate GO, and how much of a difference it'd make.