How would you introduce someone to GiantBomb?

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By s-a-n-JR

How would you introduce someone who has no idea what GiantBomb is or who the people who run the site are, to the awesomeness that is this site?  
Bearing in mind that this person doesn't have enough patience or time look at everything on this site, what videos/content would you say are quintessential GiantBomb? The iphone app video is a good example of showing the GB crew's sense of  humour and insanity, and If someone here is going to suggest endurance run, name one or two specific episodes that would make a potential giantbomber jonsing for more (with spoiler warnings where neccessary).  

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Dude, that's what this video is for: 

Can't ever get enough of this.  :P
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

With this video: 
EDIT:Damn, JJWeatherman beat me to it!!!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

Oh yeah and other than just videos, show them around the forums and the rest of the game pages and such. Don't let them read any of Donk or KaosAngel's posts though, that may send them running.    : )

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
@MattyFTM:  Teehee... Teeeeheeee. Totally beat you to it.  :P
Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By mattbodega

I actually just had this dilemma a few weeks ago. I had a friend of mine, a fellow game player, who I was convinced would enjoy the site's style. I had tried the above Video Thing, and he enjoyed it, but it didn't convince him.
What finally brought him into the fold, I think, was showing him Ryan's TANG episodes about Uwe Boll movies.  It made perfect sense, in retrospect. Giant Bomb is an amazing website, but it's style of humor-- ridiculous, bombastic, constant, with a quiet respect for the notably ludicrous and stupid-- can be a bit niche; you enjoy the humor because  you "get it".  But EVERYONE who is in any way connected to gaming knows of the atrocious quality of Uwe Boll movies and his complete disrespect for the source material. And, more often than not, I found that they haven't seen those movies. 
In that sense, showing my friend the TANG episodes about Postal, Bloodrayne, and A Dungeon Siege Tale was a complete success. Ryan's videos are a little more straightforward in terms of what makes them enjoyable(an understanding of why someone would go to see a video game movie coupled with a sharp vocabulary and a low tolerance for bullshit), and they really show off what a terrific video editor Vinny is(You know your video content is good when people bring up the skill of the editor). I showed him the rest of the really bad TANG movies, moved onto the funnier Quick Looks( Harry Potter and Deadly Creatures) and he was hooked.

cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By cdfishman

i would show them the endurance run episode where teddie changes. 

thats enough for anyone.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By s-a-n-JR
@MattBodega:

Ah alot of good suggestions, especially MattBodega. Of course Uwe Boll! He brings us together through universal hatred xD. I will try out those vids. 

Thanks all! 

P.S, i suppose i should have mentioned adding spoiler warnings when mentioning the endurance run. Fixed.
EsN_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By EsN_Fish

I'd go with TANG. I showed a friend of mine an episodes of TANG and a few quicklooks and he said he enjoyed TANG a lot.