How's Fable II?

Caboose48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Caboose48

I saw this game for 19.99 at GameCrazy, I was wondering should I buy or skipt it. It received a lot of good reviews but I heard a lot of gamers hated it. I wasn't a big fan of the original but I found it to be a decent RPG that was just massively overhyped by Peter Molynuex.  

Should a buy it, rent it, or skip it?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Lol and you think the first was overhyped?
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Fable II is awesome. I really really enjoyed it. One of my favourite games this generation. The only letdown is the ending. It's a very weak ending. But apart from that it's fantastic. Go get it for that price.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Heylook

It didn't feel the same as the original, well if it did then I didn't notice it.

For $19.99 it's probably worth it, especially if you collect games. However, if you didn't enjoy the first game then you probably wont enjoy the sequel (coming from someone who loved the original but was quite iffy on the sequel). 

It really boils down to how important $19.99 is to you.

Hope this helps.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

At $60, it was a fantastic buy. 

At $20, not buying it would be criminal.

ClownDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ClownDetective

It;s amazing. The battle system is glorious, it's got fantastic atmosphere, and tons of cool ideas. If all you want is an rpg though then you may be disappointed.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Pazy

I just recently bought it (specifically the GOTY edition) for £14 (Ive played the first ~3 hours in co-op though) and im absolutely loving it. Ive only just gotten past that part ive already played but Im loving it, though I havent got into the story really (its been basically set up) but the gameplay is great. The combat so far seems a little simple but it is fun and I enjoy the magic system, I just need to earn myself enough money to buy some houses and such since that looks quite enjoyable. In fact ive only just started but one of the things im mostly looking forward to is replaying it while being an absolute tool to everyone. I also love the general atmosphere, the odd medieval/victorian/old british style with some really witty (and at times dark) humour.

For the price your talking its a great deal and its quite likely you will like it (though it might help to read/watch some reviews).

EDIT: The Co-op system, though utterly broke, lends it self to playing with a friend on your couch. If you have a second controller hooked in they can press it and make a character of equal level (including equipment and magic) and instead of splitting up the screen it makes the camera a bit higher and you have to stay on the same "screen" (in terms of the area available on screen). Its really fun to play with a friend and whatever benefits they get (like money and experience) gets given to you at the end of it :) Im not sure if they can import there character though.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By bubahula

i love that game, go buy it dude 
.@Icemael said:

" At $60, it was a fantastic buy. 

At $20, not buying it would be criminal. "
this
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By MysteriousBob

I bought it not expecting much, but I loved it. I don't care what anyone says, games benefit a lot from a sense of humour. If you like your RPGs to let you make a character that is really your own in an interesting world, then get it.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora

I think its overhyped. Its perfectly a good game that warrants being bought for at $60, so you can buy it for $20 which is pretty generous. However I don't really like the game or in particular enjoy it all that much. Though you might have different tastes from me.

Oh and the ending did suck big fat hairy balls.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#11  Edited By gla55jAw

For $20 it's a steal.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

FullmetalPopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By FullmetalPopo

It's a great game and especially good for $20 bucks. You should totally pick it up it'll bring many hours of enjoyment and maybe eventually obsession into your life