HumbleBundle has been hacked. Change your password.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills

I got an e-mail saying someone from a strange location had accessed my account. After mentioning it on NeoGAF there are already about 20 others have said the same thing. You only get that e-mail AFTER they successfully log in with the correct password too so it seems like a ton, if not all, passwords and accounts have been leaked. No official word yet but too many people to be a coincidence.

JeevesPleez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Done, thanks for the heads up.

jsgr93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Appreciate it. Will do

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4 chaser324  Moderator

Seems a bit suspect, but I'm not sure if the sample size is large enough to verify a large scale compromise of their data.

That being said, you should activate two-factor authentication on Humble Bundle if you've not already done so. It should help keep your account secure even if your password is compromised.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't keep my CC on there or anywhere but Amazon for this reason. I have some unredeemed keys, but I wouldn't miss them.

madman356647

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of those are due to reused passwords that were picked up in other hacks (that's been the go-to for these things lately). That said, things like this are why I have a password manager. Password gets found, and the account's sporting a new one with a couple of clicks.

BigDaveisCheap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the same email a couple of days ago. I made my Humble account so long ago and I used a weak frequently used password of old. This was a good reminder that I've needed a stronger unique password for years now.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, whether it's a full blown hack or some remnants of old passwords being stolen, might as well stay on the safe side I suppose. Kudos for the heads up. My passwords consist of me slamming my keyboard against a wall and using the chaos as my new password, so I never memorize them so I never feel bad about changing them.

YummyTreeSap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Never got that email, but I changed my password anyway. Thanks!

doerr007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, just changed it and added two factor authentication to the account.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easy enough to do anyway, so might as well. Also added two-factor, didn't realize that was an option, thanks for that @chaser324.

Don't keep my card on it but still, thanks for the heads up OP.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the heads up, duder!

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#13 FinalDasa  Moderator

No email so I assume this was specific accounts only?

I enabled 2 factor authentication so I should be fine. Never hurts to update passwords.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Monkeyman04  Online

I got that email the other day. Changed my password. I should probably do that two-factor authentication thing.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried to access my account and my password wouldn't work, but I doubt my account was hacked. Most likely the password got mixed up at some point (I used lastpass for awhile and recently migrated to KeePass. I vaguely remember lastpass trying to autochange passwords and failing on some accounts. Humble bundle could have been one of them).

I never got an email about a weird place trying to access my account until today... Which only happened because I moved 2 years ago and it's been awhile since I accessed my account. Either way I changed it and unlinked my steam account for good measure. I will continue to not use humble bundle.

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for looking out for us. Got myself a new password.