I appreciate the Lockdown content!

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

In these uneasy times, I really appreciate all the content the staff have been putting out. They're putting out more content and it's quality stuff. Not all of it may to be everyone's liking but I like how varied all the streams are so you can pick what you like. I especially love the Jan Bloodborne stream.

I would also like to shout out to the fact that you can watch the bombcast live with or without subscription at the moment. Thank you Giant Bomb for entertaining us during the lockdown!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 14

Yah I gotta say that as unfortunate as the circumstances are I think this is some of the best content GB has produced in years. Jeffs Rat-Run in Alyx had me in stitches the whole time. Vinnys "advice" during Jans stream. Brads dive into Doom. Everyone is doing something fun and creative.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At this point I wonder if they really need a studio with high quality cameras on them. As long as two to three people(or more)from either coast(both preferably) can chime in and have fun conversations while playing single player games, multiplayer games or... Gundam kits apparently, It's IMO it's a pretty good watch.

I actually wonder how users feel about this and if they want a more produced product or if fun stream sessions are closer to what the community wants.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streams good. Technical problems bad.

All in all I'll be happy to see them back in professional facilities, but I wouldn't be surprised if this whole mess changes the way they think about content.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Telecaster, cameras and video producers are a crucial part of the experience.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

More than appreciate the content, or missing some of the old content, I appreciate the effort they are putting. We are all suffering for this, and listening to a friendly voice on the other side makes a world of difference.

Thanks, and stay safe.

inevpatoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

Yah I gotta say that as unfortunate as the circumstances are I think this is some of the best content GB has produced in years.

This. 1000% this.

dasin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably missed it but did they say if all the streams would be archived? I went looking for Abby's stuff and couldn't find it. Also loving the lockdown stuff!

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

Yeah, I've been tuning in everyday. It's made working from home a lot easier. It's just fun hanging out with the crew.

zombiepenguin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The streams have been great, and I'm appreciative that the crew is finding ways to make things work despite how difficult things are right now. I've really enjoyed the cross-coast podcasts a lot too.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yeah, I also appreciate the uptick in cross-cost streams. Fun times during this hellish nightmare.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Im just glad Nioh 2 is getting some air time.

finaldasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#14 finaldasa  Moderator

Given the sudden nature of...well...all of this. It's amazing what they have put together in a very short period of time.

I realize some people miss the Giant Bomb studio touch, but we're also living through a global pandemic. So it's difficult for me to look a gift horse in the mouth when no one could've foreseen and planned for this.

@dasin81 said:

I probably missed it but did they say if all the streams would be archived? I went looking for Abby's stuff and couldn't find it. Also loving the lockdown stuff!

I believe most have been archived, but don't be shocked if technical issues prevent a stream or two from going in the record books.

dasin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

When they get more than one person on a stream its been pretty great stuff. One person streams do not do anything for me though.

I wish there was a little less "stream all day even on one person streams" mentality and more of a quality focus and focus on group content.

tonal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with others that for the most part single person streams just don't hold me. I feel like it would be a bad move for GB to go more toward that route. I would doubt that is the plan... however for now they gotta do what they gotta do, just selfishly hoping for more streams with multiple people for my entertainment buck. Maybe it's just my age, don't know, but just one person on a live stream is not for me 99% of the time.

I'm really guessing that Jeff and Vinny just can't do Persona 5 for whatever the reason may be... which is too bad because it seems like there could not be a better time than now. Maybe they should just grab another RPG since it seems they can do it technically well enough from the looks of the last Mass Alex. I imagine it would be pretty entertaining whatever they decided on, even if not a RPG. Though something slower like a RPG to give them the time to react to each other and not worry very much about the game itself would be best, which is what I feel seems to make the Persona 4 ER work so well.