...I feel like a bad person

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By squiDc00kiE

I'm playing CoD Black Ops II multiplayer and start yelling at a killcam...

I argue the merits of Temple Run over Temple Run 2...

Does anyone ever catch themselves gaming, and suddenly realize you're in a group or mindset you never thought you'd ever be in, or want to? Are you ever gaming, and suddenly feel like a bad person?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By project343

On forums. Arguing with people constantly. I'm better than this *tear drop*.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

Yeah...I hopped back on CS: GO, after about an hour of that game I realize I'm a monster.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

When I start dying again and again because of the games fault and not something I did to screw up then I get mad and have been known to slam my fist on my keyboard. Once I get to that point I always just calm down right after or stop playing the game.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By leinad44

When I find myself getting angry at people mindlessly hating on Patrick and then realising that I am just adding fuel to the fire.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

...yeah, kinda.

RaiaNtsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RaiaNtsu

I broke a headset while playing Halo 2 online. Kept on running into cheaters. My entire team would spawn in midair then die a second later. Threw it at the wall.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gogosox82

When i used to get invaded in dark souls by some dude using the bb glitch. That used to piss me off so much and then i'd feel bad b/c its just a videogame and i should be this upset about it.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

your two threads sound connected because of the ellipses.

So I bought premium... I feel like a bad person

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vikingdeath1

years ago a boss in Final Fantasy 12 made me repeatedly smash my new see-through/ light-up PS2 controller that my best friend had gotten me for my birthday..... I still have the other half of that controller somewhere....

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By laserbolts

Yeah sometimes I get angry playing video games so I just mix a drink and calm down.

NathanStack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NathanStack

Yelling at someone in a competitive multiplayer game online is basically the equivalent of punching your friend in the shoulder/trying to knock away his controller back in the days when multiplayer was done on the couch. It's too bad that a good chunk of people are whiny crybabies who can't deal with the tiniest amount of banter.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rattle618

Nope, Im pretty great.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 49th

I don't really get mad at games. Sometimes I swear at the screen or insult people I am playing with but that's just for my own amusement, I don't have a mic.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Skytylz

@Rattle618 said:

Nope, Im pretty great.

Do you feel like a bad person now for being a pompous douche bag?

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@Animasta: Haha whoops. I Should have thought that through.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Peanut

@leinad44 said:

When I find myself getting angry at people mindlessly hating on Patrick and then realising that I am just adding fuel to the fire.

This is super sad, brah.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By mosespippy

@vikingdeath1: Which boss? I don't remember any of them being particularly difficult and there is no way that I missed any.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Undeadpool

@project343 said:

You and me both...

And yeah, half the reason I don't play with mics is because I don't want to hear people screeching and whining and the other half is...because I screech and whine a lot...goddamnit

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@laserbolts said:

Yeah sometimes I get angry playing video games so I just mix a drink and calm down.

This. Do this. Some Bookers, or a good Hulk can be a great fun enhancer.

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Demoninu

Whenever I play with a friend and I or him get really really pissed. Its just awkward as hell.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Aetheldod

Im a bad person ... all the time :( I kind of hate myself at the moment

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By joetom

I got pissed off and broke a PS3 controller once. I felt pretty fucking stupid after that.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By RandomHero666

As soon as I scroll down into the comments section of a youtube video I instantly become a Grade A cunt

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#25  Edited By musubi

I nearly put my fist through the screen of my laptop over FinalFantasy XI once yeah.....ruined that

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@Undeadpool said:

@project343 said:

You and me both...

And yeah, half the reason I don't play with mics is because I don't want to hear people screeching and whining and the other half is...because I screech and whine a lot...goddamnit

Yyyyyyyyyup, this. It's why I never stick to a multiplayer game for too long, because eventually I start holding myself to much higher standards after I've been playing for a long while, and if I can't match those standards then I can sometimes get a little... emotional. X_x

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

I nearly put my fist through the screen of my laptop over FinalFantasy XI once yeah.....ruined that

I would too if I had spent money on that game.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Klei

Yeah. I don't particularly like Call of Duty nor Halo. Yet, I always end up buying these games and I roughly spend 50 hours during a year playing on each games. Yet, I bitch about map packs and I never considered myself a CoD player. I'm better than this, am I not? :(

Willtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Willtron

Whenever I play NHL online and dominate someone and still lose, I can get pretty animated. It's fucking stupid.

But I'm not as bad as my friend. Completely normal dude, but when he plays games online? He becomes the most offensive, racist person I've ever heard. It's so awkward and insane that it just becomes funny at some point. Then it circles back around to being awkward and insane.

Not just related to gaming, I don't think I'm necessarily a bad person. I can become very argumentative, though, and I can very easily just shoot someone's opinion down. If I feel strongly enough about something, I don't disagree with someone's opinion. They're just straight up wrong -- which makes no rational sense, obviously. My girlfriend can get a bittttttt pissed when I do that shit. And rightfully so. I'm an asshole about that stuff. And I rip on people. And hate people. A lot. I'd say I'm most definitely an asshole. Maybe not a bad person, all morally speaking.

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GnaTSoL

@RaiaNtsu said:

I broke a headset while playing Halo 2 online. Kept on running into cheaters. My entire team would spawn in midair then die a second later. Threw it at the wall.

Thats awesome!!!! The only cheats I ever ran into was auto Sniper Rifles, but that would also make me lol.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#31  Edited By musubi
@MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

Hey, I played that for two years and loved it! Only MMO I've ever bothered investing in.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

@MikkaQ

@Demoskinos said:

Hey, I played that for two years and loved it! Only MMO I've ever bothered investing in.

Well alright, if that was your one MMO then you could have done worse. Still that game was just such a weird move on Square's behalf. Giving it a sequel was even crazier though!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

If anything frustrating or shitty happens to me in a game, I never find myself angry. I instead just laugh at my own misfortune. Not in an ironic or sarcastic way, more of a " That's Fucked up, oh well" way. I can't find it in me to get mad at a video game or anything tangentially related to it.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rattle618

@Skytylz said:

@Rattle618 said:

Nope, Im pretty great.

Do you feel like a bad person now for being a pompous douche bag?

Not really.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arabes

@project343 said:

This right here :) It happens every 6 months or so and I get all worked up about something and then afterwards feel like a fucking tool.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WarlordPayne

@Yummylee said:

@Undeadpool said:

@project343 said:

You and me both...

Yyyyyyyyyup, this. It's why I never stick to a multiplayer game for too long, because eventually I start holding myself to much higher standards after I've been playing for a long while, and if I can't match those standards then I can sometimes get a little... emotional. X_x

Me, too. The only game I used a headset for was SOCOM because it had push to talk so people seemed to scream and whine into the mic a lot less and no one had to put up with me bitching into my mic.

I miss push to talk.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#37  Edited By Undeadpool

@WarlordPayne said:

@Yummylee said:

@Undeadpool said:

@project343 said:

You and me both...

Me, too. The only game I used a headset for was SOCOM because it had push to talk so people seemed to scream and whine into the mic a lot less and no one had to put up with me bitching into my mic.

I miss push to talk.

Yeah, I feel like they really backslid by reversing that and making it so you had to push to mute.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I rarely get mad when playing games, even less so in multiplayer. Except once when I was young and my dad beat me at some wrestling game. I threw that controller across the room.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By clstirens

@Animasta: It's a damn good deal for all of those map packs, why feel bad?

If anything, I DO feel bad that I'll never get my old knife back, though.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By Atlas

I am in no way, shape, or form a misogynist - my mother wouldn't have stood for it. But if I'm playing against an AI opponent in say a driving game or something like that, and I'm trash talking to myself, I will call them a bitch. It's just the word you use to trash talk women, none of the others really fit. Sometimes I'll use words like whore, but I don't think I've ever described myself as raping anybody. I don't think I would use this sort of language in real life, like if I was playing multiplayer against someone who I happened to know was a woman, whether I knew them or not - my misogynistic language does not extend beyond the boundaries of digitised ladies. Still, it's a tiny bit troubling. I don't think I've ever used the word nigger if I was trash talking to a black AI character, so I dunno why I do it with women.

The only trash talking I ever did in actual multiplayer against people was on TF2 servers and that was all very light-hearted and it never got out of line. And TF2 is the only multiplayer experience I had where I didn't get unnecessarily angry when I screwed up or we lost or whatever. I do have a bit of a temper and I can be very competitive, so losing can bother me and make me swear. I don't think either of the two things I mentioned makes me a bad person, per se. I mean, none of us are perfect, right? I'd rather be a good person in real life and an asshole while playing games than the other way around.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Legion_

@squiDc00kiE said:

@laserbolts said:

Make a drink when your angry? That doesn't sound healthy at all.

Avatar image for jonathanashleymoore
JonathanAshleyMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rattle618 said:

Nope, Im pretty great.

You're my hero.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@Legion_ said:

@squiDc00kiE said:

@laserbolts said:

Make a drink when your angry? That doesn't sound healthy at all.

When you're legitimately upset of course that's a bad idea. But when you know you're angry at a game, and feel stupid for feeling that way, a little happy juice never hurt.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@project343 said:

*sigh* Sad, but oh so true. When I feel someone has said something I think is dumb/completely wrong, it's hard for me to just let it go...