I got my snes classic pre-order in... did you?

• 117 results
bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I got an order number and I couldnt be happier. Got mine from bestbuy, although I did see ebgames put up pre-orders as well.

Looks like they all sold out within about 5min. GL to all of you.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, I made the mistake of being asleep at 5 am.

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I almost had one from Target. Got to the payment part and it wouldn't accept my credit card. By the time I figured it out it was gone :(

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Nope. After the NES Classic, I'm done with Nintendo.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got one on Walmart during the about 19 seconds they were available. had one last time too and we know how that went, so not holding my breath

thebojangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got one from that weird Amazon listing last night. People seem to think it was the real deal, but who really knows? This whole process is pretty dumb if you ask me.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@puchiko: That sucks :((. Keep trying, looks like this will be the first of many pre-orders opening up.

mortonan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I slept through Amazon and Best Buy. I was on Wal-Mart and Target within a minute of Wario64's Twitter notifications and still failed both, even with the help of Chrome's form autofills. Pretty ridiculous.

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got mine from Bestbuy last night. I'm hearing horror stories about walmart and target selling out in a few seconds to minutes..bots?

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks gamestop for doing in store orders only

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could have. Had it in a Best Buy cart with my finger hovering over the order button, but then had a "what are you doing with your life" moment and let it go. It was the right decision.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope I'm leaving my SNES memories in the 90's it's just not the same anymore.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By paulmako

Brag thread!

No, I didn't even consider it. I have no desire to jump through hoops for something like this.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427:In what way if you don't mind me asking. Availability?

@cornfed40: I was following the bestbuy twitter and they said that pre-orders would be up at 10 pt so this wasnt an error. Does your 2nd post mean you got one?

@thebojangler Oooh, i didn't hear about that. And you know what... yea...

@mortonan: I wouldn't wait for other peoples twitter notifications, by that time its too late. And i'm assuming most people have an account and everything already setup, like i did, so its just a matter of clicking next, next, etc.. That being said, it is ridiculous and you shouldn't have to do all of this just to get one.

@kaungo: GJ! If it's seconds, I would be worried. If it's minutes, then i think thats just people being super excited about this thing.

Moskelosk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did, but it was before I knew that the official price for it here in Sweden would be 1500-1600 kr (about $190) which is insane so I canceled the pre-order.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally understand why people would be excited to get something like this. But if I want to play SNES games, I have ways to play SNES games.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornfed40: I was following the bestbuy twitter and they said that pre-orders would be up at 10 pt so this wasnt an error. Does your 2nd post mean you got one?

Saw Walmart was going live at 12 central so just refreshed at the exact moment and it was open and got one, but they couldn't have been up more than a minute total. My sister really wanted one, and I work right next to a GameStop so I went in and they had a few left, since you could only preorder the console in the store (bundles online, but the guy said that crashed instantly)

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've been emulating NES/SNES/GB(A)/DS/N64/Genesis/Saturn/PSX, etc. on MUH PEE CEE for YEARS.

Don't care.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snes pre-orders in the States went up just now? Is this your second wave of pre-orders? Over here in the Netherlands they went up something like 2 months ago.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. I have a perfectly good laptop. Turns out you can run all kinds of emulators on it for free.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Seikenfreak

Currently in the trenches fighting my way through this. So far things look very grim out here on the front. Piles of dead websites and apps every where. People screaming bloody murder. Had it in my Target cart and the checkout glitched out. Relived this process multiple times and nothing in the end.

This is horrifically stupid.

I may have got my order in for one from the UK way back. Even then I'm not sure it'll hold. So far zero luck in getting one state side. I had no idea about the stuff last night. I was awake and probably maybe could've got one. Now that everyone is aware though, the internet is melting. Fucking stupid. And I'm too lazy to put pants on and drive three traffic lights away to GameStop. I assume they would've sold out in-store preorders immediately. Sounds like the case from a lot of people going to the stores.

Also, GameStop/ThinkGeek with those disgusting bundles again. $140 minimum.. up to $350 I think? For extra garbage included with it. People are nuts.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By jeremyf

No. Thanks for asking, though.

Edit: After a last-ditch attempt yesterday I did in fact get one, but I'm not sure if I'll believe it until it's in my hands. This whole thing is messed up.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got ten of them. Had my friends in position all over town. Should make a great profit.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

I thought people were overreacting but I've made worthy attempts to get both of the Classic consoles and Jesus man, seriously, fuck Nintendo.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I just barely missed the Best Buy Canada preorder and the EB Games online pre order but then I realized if the online pre orders are up then the physical stores are probably taking preorders. So I took advantage of working at home and being near a mall, popped over to EB Games before other people started to figure that out.

Got my preorder. There were 4 other people who showed up while I was waiting who also wanted to preorder the system so I think I timed that right.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@notnert427:In what way if you don't mind me asking. Availability?

Yes. While I'm aware that emulation exists, I'm an adult who believes in paying for the things I use. So when they announced the NES Classic, I got excited because it was a mostly legit way to play some old classics that doesn't require dusty old carts to work on an old NES that crashes all the time. I thought it would be a fun gaming novelty as well. For the fifteen people who got one, I assume it's great. However, I didn't have the time to wait in line for one, and I refused to pay the truly exorbitant prices of a 500% markup on secondary markets. I assumed (reasonably) that Nintendo would take notice that they couldn't keep them on the shelf, and simply up production on them, at which point I would get one. Instead, they just stopped making them.

It upsets me on so many levels. It's an insane business move, as scalpers made more off of the NES Classic than Nintendo did. From a PR standpoint, it's a really shitty thing to do to consumers as well. "Oh, you really want this thing? Too fucking bad. Nintendo out." And now, here we are again. It's wholly unnecessary "scarcity", and I refuse to support the practice. I don't have the time or energy to chase this bullshit and probably not get one without getting lucky or grossly overpaying for it. If they don't want to make reasonably available for sale something I'd otherwise be willing to pay for, that's a complete failure on their end. Then again, maybe I'm the weird guy for flipping them the bird instead of lining up to beg them for it. It would appear so.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And I'm too lazy to put pants on and drive three traffic lights away to GameStop. I assume they would've sold out in-store preorders immediately. Sounds like the case from a lot of people going to the stores.

Also, GameStop/ThinkGeek with those disgusting bundles again. $140 minimum.. up to $350 I think? For extra garbage included with it. People are nuts.

I may have gotten lucky, the store I went to is kind of on the edge of nothing. Really glad I called the store first though, no one else was in there at all but the worker was on the phone the whole time with people calling in to check

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ezekiel said:

I got ten of them. Had my friends in position all over town. Should make a great profit.

if this isnt a joke thats icky

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MeierTheRed

No i already have a Super Nintendo in a box that i never use.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Gonna have to do the old fashion wait in line on launch night and hope for the best.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have 2 kids so if the only way to get one is some pre-order magic garbage or overpaying then I'll just continue to use emulators. No sweat off my sack.

Bleshoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I managed to snag one on Best Buy, on my birthday no less!

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lazyimperial

Sounds like standard Nintendo "artificial scarcity" at work.

Hopefully they snap out of their odd, borderline psychotic funk and actually make a decent amount of their new product for the first time ever (my local Wal-Mart is out of copies of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch, for crying out loud. That's the flagship Switch title and arguably still the current system seller... and Wal-Mart is OUT OF IT. I truthfully can't comprehend what business model Nintendo is using). If I can find an available pre-order or machine legitimately, great. Enjoy your 80 bucks, Nintendo. If not, I'm not paying a scalper $500 for one. I'll just pass, which is what I did for the NES Classic, and buy a competitor's game instead. *shrug*

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I had it in my cart and placed my order within like two minutes of it going live at Target, but it screwed me over. And like most people, I wasn't hitting f5 at all the retail sites last night and early morning, so I felt pretty pissed. Thankfully, when I saw local Gamestops were taking preorders I rushed over to mine and got the very last one... Jeez, this has been a stressful day.

Also, anyone who bought this thing to take advantage of people, you are a bad person. I hope that money burns a hole in your pocket literally.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Best Buy. I set up some weird Google group email forwarding through a text message thing a month or so ago and got the notification about 5 minutes after I went to bed last night. Of course I have all these games and more ready to go on a soft modded Wii and a laptop but the SNES was a big part of my childhood. I like the idea of having a miniature physical representation of those fond memories.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I baaaaarely got mine in. I was the last pre-order available at my local LameStop.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope your day's stress came from something else. If it came from trying to buy a raspberry pi board in a mini SNES case then... come on man.

I had it in my cart and placed my order within like two minutes of it going live at Target, but it screwed me over. And like most people, I wasn't hitting f5 at all the retail sites last night and early morning, so I felt pretty pissed. Thankfully, when I saw local Gamestops were taking preorders I rushed over to mine and got the very last one... Jeez, this has been a stressful day.

Also, anyone who bought this thing to take advantage of people, you are a bad person. I hope that money burns a hole in your pocket literally.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't even try. I couldn't get a N3DS because they sold them for one frigging day. Couldn't get an NES classic unless I go to a scalper. I am getting of the train. Sorry Nintendo, I'm done.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Nope, I played those games as a kid, no need to play them again. Especially since games have come so far and offer so much more I don't really feel the need to go back to the simplicity of score based SNES classics.

Jeremy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jeremy808

Nope. I was asleep last night when Best Buy preorders went up. I got a text yesterday from GameStop asking if I was still interested in receiving updates so I figured something would be up today. Waited and stalked all the sites today, refreshing, refreshing and wasn't fast enough for walmart, amazon, target, or gamestop, etc. Even drove over to GameStop when I read that they had a few in store pre orders. But I literally just missed that by one person who got the last one before me.

Fuck this. You'd like to think with Nintendo saying for the past couple months that they were making "significantly more units" and that they were "listening to the demand of the fans" that there'd be more preorder allotments, at least enough that they'd be up for a day and not less than an hour or a couple minutes. But it's just falling into the trap again.

And of course i'll be the idiot that is standing outside Best Buy again like I did for the NES Classic, while everyone on the internet is all "lololol just preorder dude" like it was just that easy. But at least I have sense enough that I refuse to pay double or more for it, or buy it in a bundle with a bunch of shit I don't want. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got burned on the initial wal mart run of preorders and now feel only spite for the whole thing.

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@retrometal: Don't really see how that makes a difference.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy808: I picture a Nintendo executive tilting his head at your comment, utterly bewildered and flabbergasted. "But artificial scarcity gets people talking about our product. It's a brilliant idea. I mean, think about it... you could have five million people easily placing pre-orders, each paying $80 for the privilege of playing 20 twenty-five year old games and one unreleased game that will probably be two hours long, or one million people frantically placing pre-orders while four million people loudly grumble about not being able to give us money. 20% as many sales as option one, but boy oh boy do we get word of mouth! Any press coverage is better than none, right? Front row in the zeitgeist! :-)"

Then a few dozen shareholders who gave up on getting dividends around the time of the WiiU's launch nod in agreement as they sip their Kool Aid and wonder how Pokémon Go is doing.

bobdude1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moskelosk:Thats brutal! I don't blame you I would've done the same.

@cornfed40: GJ! Way to be an awesome brother!

@bsw: I'm in Canada, so this is the first one that I knew of. I think the US had some before us though. And two months ago? That seems crazy!

@planetfunksquad: Shhh, don't tell everyone ;)

@seikenfreak: You're a brave soldier! I can't believe how close you've been, don't die on me now! I know you can get one if you keep trying. Also fuck those stupid bundles ugh....

@jeremyf: NP!

@liquiddragon: :( You're right, our concerns have been very justified with how quick/hard it is to get these things.

@cybexx: Way to go! That's how you do it!

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was unable to get any of the US preorders, as I was in the checkout menu for Best Buy when they sold out.

I'm still holding out hope my Amazon UK preorder works fine. I like the look of that console/controllers (yay colored buttons!) better anyway.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been doing my part to at least mess up scalper's plans for a few days at least by reporting every single one I see on Ebay haha

TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been doing my part to at least mess up scalper's plans for a few days at least by reporting every single one I see on Ebay haha

No Caption Provided

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Something from work came up at 3am so I was up dealing with that when I saw that the preorders were up on Amazon so I got two. A very convenient inconvenience.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I just wanted the NES Classic. I wanted simple 8-bit classics that were very nostalgic and where game THE GAMES I had always heard about. I think NES could have sold 3x as many system as SNES Classic ever will.

I would still buy a NES Classic, whereas I will never have an interest in a SNES Classic.