I got my snes classic pre-order in... did you?

• 117 results
Jeremy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cornfed40:

Since the facebook app now has their "marketplace" where people sell stuff I still regularly see people selling NES Classics on there for like $150-300. I report every one. They usually get removed too. Fuck those people. Considering Nintendo stopped manufacturing and shipping them awhile ago and I still keep seeing them trickle out that means a lot of people must have just been hoarding those motherfuckers specifically to do that shit.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornfed40 said:

Ive been doing my part to at least mess up scalper's plans for a few days at least by reporting every single one I see on Ebay haha

No Caption Provided

That's pretty wack / narc-ish actually. It's completely Nintendo's fault that there's a 'scalping' market.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Nope. By the time I even heard about preorders going up - which was hours later - they were already sold out. When they first announced this thing, I said I wasn't going to get angry or stressed and I'm sticking to that. I saw this coming. I would still like to build a neat little emulator box to put under my TV, but meh, worst case scenario is I'll just keep using my PC.

Like...it amazing how people will rush to Nintendo's defense. Between Amiibo, the Fire Emblem special editions, BotW special edition, the NES Classic, and now this - and those are just examples from the past few years - what is it going to take to make people see this do this on purpose? They want people foaming at the mouth, clawing over each other to get one of these things and I refuse to be a part of it.

Jeremy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You or someone like you would be the perfect trade scenario for me. I have a NES Classic, but honestly I haven't played it very much. I like it and I like the games on it, the NES was my first game console. I guess i'm just not as into the actual library of games they chose to put on it as I thought I was. Whereas I think for the SNES Classic they have a better variety of good games on there that will provide more enjoyment. So, if you happen to get a Snes Classic, I would totally trade you for my NES Classic.

I just wanted the NES Classic. I wanted simple 8-bit classics that were very nostalgic and where game THE GAMES I had always heard about. I think NES could have sold 3x as many system as SNES Classic ever will.

I would still buy a NES Classic, whereas I will never have an interest in a SNES Classic.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah. The Virtual Console is a thing that exists so no need.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanwithnoplan said:
@cornfed40 said:

Ive been doing my part to at least mess up scalper's plans for a few days at least by reporting every single one I see on Ebay haha

No Caption Provided

That's pretty wack / narc-ish actually. It's completely Nintendo's fault that there's a 'scalping' market.

Follow the clearly listed Ebay policy, and don't be a piece of garbage. Narc? Really? Didn't realize I was back in high school where I cared what shitty people doing shitty things thought. Nintendo suck, as always with this release. But man does it get tiring to hear how its the people pricing their products/tickets/whatever affordably that are the problem. Supply and demand, blah blah blah, scalping doesn't fit into supply and demand. Its middle man bullshit which creates artificial demand because they gather all the supply. The middle man adds NOTHING to the ecosystem and is therefor a cancer and a disease. Sure, Nintendo sucks and screwed up again, doesn't excuse the bloodsucking, and it doesn't excuse taking advantage of the desperate or the stupid.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

of course not

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course this fucking bullshit hits while I'm at work and busy af.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We don't know that it's scarce yet. The real test will be when and if they get restocked.

I got mine ordered from Amazon.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I had the option since I was up late but I chose not to participate in this fucked up little game. I would happily buy a Nes Classic and a Snes Classic right now but if they are gonna play this low production feeding frenzy game I don't want any of it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

@themanwithnoplan said:
@cornfed40 said:

No Caption Provided

I agree on the second point, but also keep in mind people were manipulating the traditional consumer system by using bot scripts to scoop them all up before a regular joe or jane had a chance. So, I kind of don't care about those people.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheBlue

No , I already got burned by Walmart and I've completely lost interest in the "Hope you aren't sleeping or working in the random 4 minute interval you have to click a few buttons otherwise you miss out" game.

Jeremy808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Jeremy808

I honestly don't know what I believe as far as the idea of scarcity. Yeah it seems a bit of a conspiracy theory, but I really don't understand what's so fucking difficult about this for them. And if it is why can't they just explain it for us who are apparently just too fucking dumb and don't have the business acumen they apparently have?

The statement they put out said they would have "significantly more units" of the SNES Classics after the demand for the NES Classic was overwhelming and that they were "listening to the demand of the fans". Why that can't translate to the literal sense of having a lot of preorder allotments, enough that they can satiate demand for even a 24 hour period and not this "oops and you missed it" few minutes shit is beyond me. From asking in store at GameStop earlier I was told they had 30 in store pre order allotments. Thirty. That's about the same amount of units a lot of stores got per shipment when the NES Classic came out. That is not what I would call "significantly more".

kaungo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pdxsonic: Toyrus is not doing a preorder so you can line up on launch day

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have several computers and a Raspberry Pi that can play all the SNES games I already own. I might have picked up a SNES Classic as a curiosity, but I'm not going to put work into it. That's not how products should work. I can understand when cutting edge technology is scarce, there are only a few major fabs that can make cutting edge stuff, but a shitty outdated ARM SOC isn't the kind of thing that should be difficult to make in quantity.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By TanookiSuit

Yes, I got one and it was only because I had the day off anyways. Heard that pre-orders went live, so I did the whole refreshing for a while thing as twitter became aware of happenings. Had it in my cart at Target, had everything up to payment info jotted in and go to hit submit. What comes up but a heart-breaking "Your Cart is Empty" message. Shit...

Became aware of in-store pre-orders. Hell, I had to go out and grab lunch anyways, let's check GameStop (A store I have not been at in years). Ask the cashier if they are taking pre-orders, he says "Yes! You got the 5th one out of the 6 we were allotted". Pay my deposit. Walk out.

I'm done. I don't have to chase it anymore. I missed out on the NES Classic. Fuck scalpers, I had to put in actual work to get one and not some shitty site-crashing bot. This is also not me condoning or praising Nintendo, either. The whole process is a dumb clusterfuck and I happened to luck into getting on. Not exactly a consumer-friendly experience at all, for something that was supposedly going to be produced in higher quantities.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By chrissedoff

@chrissedoff said:
@themanwithnoplan said:
@cornfed40 said:

No Caption Provided

I agree on the second point, but also keep in mind people were manipulating the traditional consumer system by using bot scripts to scoop them all up before a regular joe or jane had a chance. So, I kind of don't care about those people.

I don't care about those people but it's not worth anybody's time to do Nintendo's dirty work for them reporting eBay accounts. It's a minor inconvenience for people who aren't even responsible for the thing you're upset about and it will change absolutely nothing.

@cornfed40 Nobody's 'desperate' for a repackaged Nintendo system with a bunch of games that are easy for anybody with a computer and an Internet connection to find for free. It's stupid that people who want to be able to buy the SNES Classic will have to pay out the butt for it, but somehow I feel like Nintendo foresaw exactly this scenario taking place and doesn't care because they want headlines about people paying $500 for a $80 item more than they want to make money from selling their product.

chalkcharmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK Nintendo, fuck you too then. Don't want my money? Then it just went towards a Pi3 and a retro controller. Sick of this shit.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

Of course this fucking bullshit hits while I'm at work and busy af.

My thought exactly.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: i am completly on the "screw Nintendo" bandwagon on this one for the record. But i think alot of people in this community take for granted alot of things. For instance, i dont have a good computer, i dont do emulation, and i dont own anything Nintendo. So this product IS something thats really cool and important for me to have. And there are alot more people like me than there are raspberry pie experts ide be willing to wager. I never had a SNES, and Ive barely played any of these games. Nintendo screwed the fans (for now at least), dont need scalpers to make it even worse.

chalkcharmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: i am completly on the "screw Nintendo" bandwagon on this one for the record. But i think alot of people in this community take for granted alot of things. For instance, i dont have a good computer, i dont do emulation, and i dont own anything Nintendo. So this product IS something thats really cool and important for me to have. And there are alot more people like me than there are raspberry pie experts ide be willing to wager. I never had a SNES, and Ive barely played any of these games. Nintendo screwed the fans (for now at least), dont need scalpers to make it even worse.

Fuck 'em. https://howchoo.com/g/n2qyzdk5zdm/build-your-own-raspberry-pi-retro-gaming-rig

Sam_lfcfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#72  Edited By Sam_lfcfan

Nope, I tried to get one at Target, but they ran out of stock almost immediately. The bullshit release of this thing has basically killed it all interest in it. Putting up pre-orders in the middle of the night is insulting.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: Let me guess, this is cutting into your profits? ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This artificial scarcity really pisses me off. The NES and SNES classic are stupidly overpriced as it is, but people are willing to buy them. I'm astonished that they stopped production of the NES classsic when there was such a huge demand for them, and I suspect they're gonna do the same thing here with the SNES. I don't like being a pessimist, but Nintendo has always been known to make boneheaded decisions like this.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c9a5152a56a
deactivated-63c9a5152a56a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo can go fuck themselves if they don't make enough of these.

After this debacle they should just announce it won't be limited run. I have no problems waiting months to get one as long as I actually get one. This is idiotic, hurtful and bad business. I would love to play Yoshi's Island again on some official hardware, but if not, I'll just fucking emulate all their old games from now on. Fuck them.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yeah, I was asleep when this happened. I'd really like one, but I'm not going to play the stupid "refresh a page over and over to get a brief chance of getting one" game. If I can happen upon one I will be more than happy to buy it, but I'm not going to deal with exploitative "artificial scarcity" bullshit or scalpers.

urban_ryoga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I got mine. Only reason I was awake is because I'm on vacation in Japan

scojoe66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was about to go to bed at around 12:30 am eat then got the notification from Wario64 and immediately preordered one off Best Buy. I heard they ran out pretty quick, but I couldn't ever get an Nes classic so it feels good. I hope everyone else has good luck getting one

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chrissedoff: Let me guess, this is cutting into your profits? ;)

I was trying to buy one to give away as a Christmas present actually. If I can get two somehow, though, I will absolutely resell it on craigslist if there are people willing to buy it for several times the MSRP. This is all hypothetical, of course, because I didn't know about the preorder availability until about three hours after they were sold out everywhere.

koelsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Managed to get one by dropping in at GameStop at just the right time. Was ready to jump in the car to leave the office anyway and if I'd gotten to the store just 2 minutes later they'd have been sold out. If I left the office only 2 minutes sooner though I'd have missed the email.

Sooooo..... Nintendo says that they're producing "more" of the SNES Classics yet the store I went to only had an allotment of 10. Meanwhile I'm 90% sure that same store had 15 NES Classics.

Someone has to keep the scalpers employed. Nobody else will do it.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I did, but only because, ironically, I wasn't really trying to.

I logged onto Twitter and Wario64 had posted the Best Buy link that MINUTE. I thought, on a lark, I'd give it a go and...it worked.

IT WORKED! I knoooooooow! I've DOOOOOOONE it! (free no-prize to anyone who recognizes that quote/slight paraphrase).

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm wondering about the implications of releasing a "new" game in a limited capacity. I know there's already a rom floating around of the Starfox sequel, but nobody is certain if it's anywhere close to the same thing as the finished product. Nintendo hasn't announced any plans to make the game available to anyone who doesn't manage to get an SNES Classic, so it'd be really weird if they decided it was okay to pull a Wu-Tang on it.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I went down to my local GAME store that very first morning and pre ordered.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preordered one months ago, they don't seem to be sold out yet either. The benefits of being in a country where nobody cares about Nintendo.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#85  Edited By MetalBaofu

I was up and probably could have gotten one, but I had no idea they had started taking them. I don't use Twitter or anything and Amazon(or anyone else) didn't send out the e-mail alert I had signed up for. I don't think they sent e-mails to anyone.

I never really expected I'd get one anyways, but it's kind of annoying that they're so limited, then just throw them up in the middle of the night with no warning whatsoever.

Gets even more annoying considering other places could pre-order like 2 months ago.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is the third product now where Nintendo has flat out refused to take my money and I'm almost at the point where I just say fuck it and stop caring.

BSw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gets even more annoying considering other places could pre-order like 2 months ago.

If it's any consolation, it was the same bullshit over here. Many of the stores opened their pre-orders before most people were awake. I happen to get up for work very early anyway and noticed a message on a gaming forum stating pre-orders at a certain store just opened up and thought 'why the heck not', otherwise I would never have gotten one. There was basically no way for regular people to order one, just as what seems to have happened now in the US/Canada. Some stores even had to cancel pre-orders because they took on too many. It was a mess. On our national equivalent of Ebay, pre-orders are offered for hundreds of euros.

Over time, some additional pre-orders went up, but they always sold out in no time. I really hope Nintendo produces millions of additional units so that everybody who wants one can get one, and that the ones who have been hoarding pre-orders are stuck with units they can't sell. But that's likely to be idle hope, for business reasons I don't understand.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw Nintendo and their consumer-unfriendly practices. They won't be seeing my money any time soon.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Tried to no avail to get an online pre-order.

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Yoshisaur

I feel the same way about this that I did about the NES classic. At a certain point, the amount of work it takes to get one of these things should be considered payment for the device. It's just not worth the time and effort to get the privelege to then spend $60-$80.

If I happen to stumble across some stock, online or in-store, I'll grab one. But I'm drawing the line at putting in work to hunt one down, or paying a cent more than it retails for.

It's a cool collectors item, but it's really not worth the hassle.

krist5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine has been cancelled twice, once by Walmart and once by Best Buy. I am not having very much luck when it comes to pre-orders. I missed the Amazon pre-orders as well.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I find this hysteria about a new SNES pretty fucking hilarious.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel the same way about this that I did about the NES classic. At a certain point, the amount of work it takes to get one of these things should be considered payment for the device. It's just not worth the time and effort to get the privelege to then spend $60-$80.

If I happen to stumble across some stock, online or in-store, I'll grab one. But I'm drawing the line at putting in work to hunt one down, or paying a cent more than it retails for.

It's a cool collectors item, but it's really not worth the hassle.

Exactly. Again it's pretty hilarious to me people are doing this for a SNES. Nintendo is still a company that does some dumb ass things.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still lol at myself when I was standing in a store with about three or so locked up NES Classics in front of me and thought, "Naw, I don't really need one."

Yoshisaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads:

I mean, Nintendo is pretty smart. This is easy money for them.

I know people get worked up over these devices and the scarcity. Honestly I don't know if it's intentional or not.

One part of me would like to be upset that I can't just buy a thing that I want to buy. For a moment yesterday I considered rushing to Gamestop right after work. But then I thought about it some more and decided that $80 is a lot to spend on something impulsively.

I still think there's a possibility that the thing comes out and is readily available. Right now people are snatching them up because they are anticipating demand, but I wonder if that demand actually exists when it's out in the wild.

Of course, all signs point to yes. But it would be hilarious if a bunch of scalpers wound up with a ton of excess stock. I think that happened to some degree with the Black Friday New 3DS systems. For a long while, you could grab one on eBay for about a $10 markup.

Avatar image for octopusrocketmark
Octopusrocketmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Torn between hating Nintendo's business practices and SNES being my fav console of all time.

Soooo yeah I bought one. Fuck me, yeah?

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoshisaur: Is it easy money or are they pissing money down the drain? I guess it's cool to know that every unit you produce is a unit sold, but when the supply so grossly falls short of the demand you're looking at a lot of potential missed sales. I think it's less of an issue for something like the Switch because it'll have a decently long shelf life with new games constantly generating interest.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#98  Edited By MetalBaofu

@bsw: Yeah. From everything I remember hearing it's kind of been a mess everywhere, and I wouldn't have gotten a pre-order in whether they started taking them 2 months ago, or not. Just would have been nice to at least feel like it might have been possible to order the thing before now. Even if it still would have been next to impossible.

TommyTours

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By TommyTours

Got a pre order in on the Nintendo UK site when they became available.

Assuming all goes well I'll be one of the few people who got both the NES and the SNES classic with no trouble whatsoever.

In fact the only Nintendo thing I've ever had an issue getting was the Wii U GameCube adaptor for Smash Bros.

It's also nice for us in the U.K. as it has several games that weren't released here originally (FFIII, Mario RPG) and the ones that were will be running at the original 60hz on this thing!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yoshisaur: Is it easy money or are they pissing money down the drain? I guess it's cool to know that every unit you produce is a unit sold, but when the supply so grossly falls short of the demand you're looking at a lot of potential missed sales. I think it's less of an issue for something like the Switch because it'll have a decently long shelf life with new games constantly generating interest.

Exactly. I think there is a degree to which something like this can be low produced to generate interest but this is going way too far for what these are. I have been amazed at the interest they generate and don't meet. It's easy money.