• 94 results
MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MXC361

If they really wanted to make a statement and get Sony to do whatever it is they want them to, they should've hacked the CEO's computer or get their financial information and release it publicly. Shutting down the PSN does not make me think of them as heroes, rather, I know loathe them. I had my first week off from work in more than a year and I had hoped to enjoy some Uncharted 2 and Portal 2 online during that time. But not now. Anyone else feel the same?

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Kyreo

They made a statement saying that they DIDN'T do that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I thought they weren't the ones responsible.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By dragonzord

What kind of billion dollar corporation can't prevent a couple of amateur hackers from breaking EVERYTHING? That's what you should really be asking.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

No one knows who did it because they can't pinpoint it yet. You saying you hate Anon is dumb because they might not have even done it. wait until Sony sorts this out and then you might have someone to blame.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mazik765

It's not anonymous, dude.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I agree that they are terrible people, but it doesn't seem to be them behind this attack. I'm not going to say they didn't (because I wouldn't put it past them to hack Sony and then lie about it), but yeah. They are terrible. All hackers are. Sony's just running its business, and it's the hackers who are messing things up for everyone else. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

I hate people who hate people.
OH NOES!!!!1! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?

No Caption Provided
As for the topic, they came out and said that they had nothing to do with that, so if you want to hate anyone hate Sony.
MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777

I hate ignorance

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#11  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I doubt anonymous would be capable of this kind of attack. Sony described it as an intrusion, anonymous have mostly been doing DDOS attacks to my knowledge, there's a pretty big technical difference between those. A DDOS attack is just a brute force flood attack, where they constantly send requests to the target server until it can't handle anymore. The word intrusion used by Sony implies that their machines didn't just crash from stress, but were remotely accessed by hackers, who potentially got access to user data. While you can't rule out anon as the culprits, intrusions takes a bit more technical knowledge than DDOS attacks.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7

I hate Anon too. But I don't think they are involved.

People are speculating that the Steam integration created some sort of vulnerability with the PSN that wasn't there before and Sony caught it early and are working on fixing it. Others say that it was an error within their servers and they are adding dedicated servers to avoid it ever happening again.

On the dedicated servers bit, I saw it from a few different people on the net saying that they called Sony and that's what they told them. So, I don't know for sure.

Whatever it is, Sony really needs to come out and say something... Like "Yo, it'll be up tonight". I mean, seriously now. I want to play some fucking Mortal Kombat online with all the duders that I added/added me a few days ago. Or at least download the patch.

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bismarck

If it was them, they would've adressed it publicly saying " We did it" and in the case they said " We didn't" . I believe them,

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Cameron

You would think people smart enough to bring down the PSN would at least know not to capitalize a word in the middle of a sentence. Unless Sue Geohotz is Geohotz's sister.

BassmanPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BassmanPaul

A lot of systems are clearly going down at the moment; I find that interesting. I wonder which servers will be next. I also wonder who attacked the servers, could honestly be anyone. Anon basically represents all internet users, so who knows if the people behind it represent such a body. The anarcho-decentralised nature of such a group means that there's no way to track the cadres.
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunslingerNZ

Just because they said "we didn't do it" is no reason to think that it wasn't anonymous. It could very easily be some sub-group which didn't agree with the decision to halt the attacks on Sony.

Regardless the better thing to say is "I hate hacker shut-ins who ruin everyone else's fun".
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Deusx

It was skynet. No but seriously, anon didnt do it.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WinterSnowblind
@zoner said:
" What kind of billion dollar corporation can't prevent a couple of amateur hackers from breaking EVERYTHING? That's what you should really be asking. "
Sony themselves are the ones who took the servers down, to prevent them being hacked.  But yeah, that obviously says something about their security, which I'm sure they're now updating..
(Awesome Captain Marvelous avatar, by the way).
Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@MXC361 said:
" If they really wanted to make a statement and get Sony to do whatever it is they want them to, they should've hacked the CEO's computer or get their financial information and release it publicly. Shutting down the PSN does not make me think of them as heroes, rather, I know loathe them. I had my first week off from work in more than a year and I had hoped to enjoy some Uncharted 2 and Portal 2 online during that time. But not now. Anyone else feel the same? "
Didnt they go and hire a company after the first attack to fix it? 

I think it was this time the Steam integration from Portal 2 and what not that messed it up. 
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20  Edited By natetodamax

I love how Anonymous thinks they're always fighting for the people or some dumb bullshit like that. They're just a bunch of pricks that get way too much attention.

Avatar image for imayellowfellow
imayellowfellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By imayellowfellow

If it was an attack, wat about my credit card info, my address, personal info, etc?

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@imayellowfellow said:
" If it was an attack, wat about my credit card info, my address, personal info, etc? "
Google DDOS. 
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By InternetCrab

I thought it was like ONE hacker that shut down PSN.

EDIT: And he wasn't from Anonymous.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xyzygy
@natetodamax said:
" I love how Anonymous thinks they're always fighting for the people or some dumb bullshit like that. They're just a bunch of pricks that get way too much attention. "
Well they had said a little while ago that they weren't going to attack Sony because they didn't want to directly affect the consumer. So at least there's that.

But then, they could have also said that the take the blame off themselves for a future attack.
TheKeywork1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheKeywork1989

Had to be the week MK9 came out didn't? Dicks.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Vinny_Says

Just like the Taliban

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The heroes of Anonymous had nothing to do with this.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StaticFalconar
@MXC361: i believe you mean you hate the hackers responsible. Pretty sure it was some hackers, but not the same ones as before. 
Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Lashe

Stating "I hate Anonymous" on a public forum on the internet seems about as smart as walking into the White House with a burning flag yelling "Fuck America".     

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By yakov456

I love the folks complaining about how long it is taking Sony to fix this. Do you think they want to lose out on revenue? Do you think they want to have to compensate(hopefully) all of the PS plus users? It sucks for sure but what can you do. Someone will see some nice jail time, if it indeed was a hacker.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @imayellowfellow said:
" If it was an attack, wat about my credit card info, my address, personal info, etc? "
Google DDOS.  "
That's the thing, the way Sony called it an intrusion rather than just attack implies that it was not just a DDOS attack, and thus that anonymous - at least as a group - are unlikely to be responsible. And since Sony themselves described it as an intrusion, leaked personal data, credit card info and such is a valid concern.
JoMu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JoMu

I'm not saying that I think they are or aren't behind this but the whole, "they said they didn't do it" defense isn't going to stop people from blaming them.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@fisk0 said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @imayellowfellow said:
Google DDOS.  "
That's the thing, the way Sony called it an intrusion rather than just attack implies that it was not just a DDOS attack, and thus that anonymous - at least as a group - are unlikely to be responsible. And since Sony themselves described it as an intrusion, leaked personal data, credit card info and such is a valid concern. "
The thing is. After the first attack the hired a company which stopped it. THEN when they released portal 2..quickly it went down...
fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @fisk0 said:

" @imayellowfellow said:
Google DDOS.  "
That's the thing, the way Sony called it an intrusion rather than just attack implies that it was not just a DDOS attack, and thus that anonymous - at least as a group - are unlikely to be responsible. And since Sony themselves described it as an intrusion, leaked personal data, credit card info and such is a valid concern. "
The thing is. After the first attack the hired a company which stopped it. THEN when they released portal 2..quickly it went down... "
The PlayStation blog says this: "An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.", to me that makes it sound unrelated to the denial of service attacks anon have been doing, since they would probably not be labeled intrusions, it seems like this was caused by another attack, or possibly a security flaw caused by the Steam/PSN integration.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@fisk0 said:

" @fisk0 said:

" @imayellowfellow said:
Google DDOS.  "
The thing is. After the first attack the hired a company which stopped it. THEN when they released portal 2..quickly it went down... "
The PlayStation blog says this: "An external intrusion on our system has affected our PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.", to me that makes it sound unrelated to the denial of service attacks anon have been doing, since they would probably not be labeled intrusions, it seems like this was caused by another attack, or possibly a security flaw caused by the Steam/PSN integration. "
Again I still think Steam had somthing to do with it going down. 
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iamjohn
@natetodamax said:
" I love how Anonymous thinks they're always fighting for the people or some dumb bullshit like that. They're just a bunch of pricks that get way too much attention. "
They don't think that, actually.  Maybe before you try calling them out, you should actually understand what they're about?
xpgamer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37  Edited By xpgamer7

anonymous is stupid but it's not really a group so much as random people on the internet forming small focused groups.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Gabriel

It was China. 

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By N7

If peoples credit card information was at risk, Sony would have said something by now. There could be major legal implications for Sony if they didn't let people know that their money could be in jeopardy. They haven't done so in three days now, so I think it's safe to assume that all is well on that side of things.

MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MXC361
@Lashe said:

"Stating "I hate Anonymous" on a public forum on the internet seems about as smart as walking into the White House with a burning flag yelling "Fuck America".      "

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sayishere

hurry up psn, fuck.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@Lashe said:

" Stating "I hate Anonymous" on a public forum on the internet seems about as smart as walking into the White House with a burning flag yelling "Fuck America".      "

You do realize those two things are nothing alike, right?

Also, it's a beautiful day, people. Try not worrying about Sony right now. They're doing all they can to fix things. Not the end of the world.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By penguindust

I think what we saw with Sony PSN's trouble this week is the definition of a "copy cat crime".  Anonymous caused the ruckus in regards to the whole GeoHot case, but this last round of trouble was probably caused by some other group or individual inspired by how easily Anonymous disrupted PSN earlier.  

It wasn't Skynet either since that system became aware on August 29th, 1997.  

I blame space wizards.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By CastroCasper

I think it is just crazy how unstable PSN is. It seems like anyone with a computer can break it.

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Driadon
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By ajamafalous
@Enigma777 said:
"  I hate ignorance "
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gunslingerNZ
@kurtdyoung said:
" I think it is just crazy how unstable PSN is. It seems like anyone with a computer can break it. "
Because this stuff has happened all the time right? As far as I'm aware this is only the second significant outage for the network and the other one was a clock bug.
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
@MXC361 said:

"Anyone else feel the same? "

I feel exactly the same. These assholes are anything but crusaders.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I hate them too but if it was them they wouldn't have denied it.  They would have been gloating.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Azteck

Yeah dude, I think you kind of jumped the gun on this one. Chill