I. Hate. Monster Hunter.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MarxMygdala
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
These are Monster Hunter 3, 3G, Portable 3rd, and Portable 3rd HD. Can you spot the difference, kids?
These are Monster Hunter 3, 3G, Portable 3rd, and Portable 3rd HD. Can you spot the difference, kids?
No Caption Provided

And this is Monster Hunter 1. This series sucked from the start, and it has not evolved AT ALL.

Fuuuuuuuck Japan. And Capcom specifically.

RedLycra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By RedLycra

Having expectations for a Capcom series to seriously evolve seems delusional.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jack268

So much discussion value

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By IBurningStar

Cool.

Now would you mind giving something to discuss here?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JoeyRavn

This ain't Reddit, son.

ThePaleKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThePaleKing

The difference is extremely obvious if you have played the games. I'm going to assume you haven't, in which case you should, you know...fuck off?

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarxMygdala

Did I disobey some insular community rule that's not posted anywhere? I clicked "forum," "start new topic," and posted my opinion on a board called "general discussion." If you guys wanna jump down my throat about some silly, arbitrary standards, go right ahead.

I wanna talk about how crap this series is. It's super crap.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MarxMygdala

@ThePaleKing said:

The difference is extremely obvious if you have played the games. I'm going to assume you haven't, in which case you should, you know...fuck off?

Explain the differences.

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By niamahai

waiting for somebody to post CoD comparisons

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MarxMygdala said:

I wanna talk about how crap this series is. It's super crap.

Posting some images and saying "this is crap" is not the way to introduce a topic. Your OP did absolutely nothing to encourage discussion. Don't complain if you're taken for a troll.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MarxMygdala

@niamahai: CoD has tangible, obvious CHANGES each variation, even if you might not agree they're improvements.

Compare that MH3 screen from 2010 to that MH1 screen from 2004. I mean, FUCK, dude. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK, HOW CAN PEOPLE BE EXCITED FOR THESE GAMES.

@JoeyRavn: Oh, whatever. Chill out on your incestuous little message board standards.

If someone is a fan of this series, seriously, sit down in this topic and explain the differences between 1, 1G, 2, Portable, Portable 2G, Frontier, 3, and whatever other fucking versions there are. I am fascinated.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TobbRobb

Why change what ain't broke? People obviously buy and love these games. If you enjoy them is completely irrelevant. Why even care about how little something evolves if you don't enjoy it in the first place?

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoeyRavn

@MarxMygdala said:

@JoeyRavn: Oh, whatever. Chill out on your incestuous little message board standards.

Cry me a river. Have fun with your topic.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Chop

I've never played monster hunter.

That being said, I know it sells like crazy and people enjoy it, so why bother changing it? Guess what, you don't have to approve of every series and they don't all have to cater to you.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Bollard

@MarxMygdala: You're wrong.

Monster Hunter hates YOU!

Also, MH is fucking great. Also I think you will find MH changes more in each full version number than COD does, if you actually cared to understand the game first.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dallas_Raines

It's too popular to change. It's the biggest thing in Japan since Dragon Quest.(Which didn't attempt any changes until IX)

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HandsomeDead

The people who still buy Japanese video games only have themselves to blame.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MarxMygdala

@Chavtheworld said:

Also, MH is fucking great. Also I think you will find MH changes more in each full version number than COD does, if you actually cared to understand the game first.

Please.

Explain the differences from one revision to the next.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shirogane

Oh yay for flamebait and trolling.

Oh and, why didn't you stick it in the MH forums? What? You wanted more attention so you figured General Discussion would be better? Great idea!

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IBurningStar

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
These are pictures of Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, and Persona 4. Can you tell the difference, kids?

No Caption Provided
And this is Persona 1. This series sucked from the start and has not evolved AT ALL.
Fuck Japan. And fuck ATLUS specifically.

See, I didn't make a point at all. I didn't explain my reasoning.  I just put up some screen shots and said I hated it. If you want to discuss something then please try to explain yourself. Why do you feel this way? Point to observations and facts to help back your opinion. Put some actual content in your posts.
rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Op. In. Ions.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22  Edited By Bollard

@MarxMygdala: Unfortunately due to not owning a Wii I never had the chance to play MH Tri, but significant changes from 2 to 3 include better enemy AI in regards to scavenging, changing areas and also it was the first time online play was included. It even has underwater battles, adding a 3rd dimension to the fights. Apparently monsters even have stamina like the player does in Tri as well.

Frontier is massively different from all the others as its a freaking MMO.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MarxMygdala

@Chavtheworld said:

@MarxMygdala: Unfortunately due to not owning a Wii I never had the chance to play MH Tri, but significant changes from 2 to 3 include better enemy AI in regards to scavenging, changing areas and also it was the first time online play was included. It even has underwater battles, adding a 3rd dimension to the fights. Apparently monsters even have stamina like the player does in Tri as well.

So, even you, a fan, can only come up with "better AI," a different town, and water. Those are the biggest changes a fan can think of from 1 to 3.

You're wrong about it being the first time online play's been in the game, btw. And they had the audacity to charge for that shit in Japan. I mean, fuck.

Can anyone more informed come up with what they changed?

@CaLe said:

Think you may be caring about stupid shit that doesn't impact your life in any meaningful way? You're not alone. Call our hotline on 555-453-6739 where a trained operator is standing by to take your call.

I enjoy posting my opinions. You're doing the same.

If you can't defend the game or further trash it, that doesn't mean you have to attack me, guy.

But.

Holy shit.

Monster Hunter fucking sucks, huh?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TobbRobb
@MarxMygdala said:

@niamahai: CoD has tangible, obvious CHANGES each variation,

Please, list the changes between mw1 and 2
jaqen_hghar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#25  Edited By jaqen_hghar

Did Monster Hunter kill your family or something? I think the Metal Gear Solid series is overhyped, boring and convoluted. You know what I do about it? I don't play the games! I do not start an uninformed topic saying: "Look, you play the same guy in all Metal Gear Solid games. Man, they suck right?".

Hell, I have never played a Monster Hunter game because they do not appeal to me in the slightest. So for me they probably would suck. But a lot of people love them, so why change something because people like us don't like them? You don't make sense OP, you just don't make sense. Which means you are probably a troll, but I don't have anything else going on right now anyway.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By Doctorchimp

Hey why don't you start an "Anime is for Jerks" thread next?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@MarxMygdala

@niamahai: CoD has tangible, obvious CHANGES each variation, even if you might not agree they're improvements.

Compare that MH3 screen from 2010 to that MH1 screen from 2004. I mean, FUCK, dude. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK, HOW CAN PEOPLE BE EXCITED FOR THESE GAMES.

If someone is a fan of this series, seriously, sit down in this topic and explain the differences between 1, 1G, 2, Portable, Portable 2G, Frontier, 3, and whatever other fucking versions there are. I am fascinated.

CoD? Having changes?

Troll harder.
ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By ventilaator
@MarxMygdala said:

@Chavtheworld said:

So, even you, a fan, can only come up with "better AI," a different town, and water. Those are the biggest changes a fan can think of from 1 to 3.

I would LOVE to see you try and explain the differences between various COD games.
Dogma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dogma

@MarxMygdala: You are not posting argument WHY these games are the same but you demand that people shall come in here and defend it with actually arguments. Showing screenshots is not really proving anything except that the game has not advanced technicaly during 6-7 years. I played the first Monster Hunter on PS2 (that one was online too BTW) and I liked it. That was 2004. When I later played the PSP version in 2009 (can't remember wich version) I actually didn't think that much of what was new because I really got annoyned by the extremly clumsy controls. The same happened to MOnster Hunter 3 on Wii wich had equally bad controls.

My point in this is that I feel that Monster Hunter needs to reinvent itself both graphicly and control wise. It does not act like a moderny crafted game.

That's my opinion about the game. I really dig the concept around the franchise but it needs to advance by this stage. But as I said, this is my opinion about he franchise. You have still not said a word except "they are similar" so in the same fashion you want us to explain what those differances mabey you could tell us why you think/experience the Monster Hunter games being similar to eachother? As many others already said, you have only begun with a trollish kind of statement without any context or opinions why you think it is as it is.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By coakroach

This thread is full of needless aggression towards the original poster.

Anyone with eyes can see from those five screenshots and incredibly eloquent five sentences that monster hunter is a pox, a malignant tumor on the very soul of modern society.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By laserbolts
@TobbRobb
@MarxMygdala said:

Much more class customization, I believe the graphics are a little better, added a bunch of killstreaks, also included a spec ops mode. Seems like more changes than better AI to me.
MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MarxMygdala

From IW3 to IW4, you saw a new campaign, graphx, the addition of Spec Ops, tons of new perks/equipment/weapons, a complete revamp and replacement of the killstreak system, and tons of tweaks that further refined it as an "e-sport."

To compare that to

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Six years apart...

You have to be deluded and grasping at Goddamn straws.

It's okay to admit that Monster Hunter hasn't changed, even if you like it. But admit it.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cheesebob

Why does it seem that Japanese games very rarely actually change with sequels?

Biggest change in a japanese franchise i can think of was probs...Rezzy Evil 3 to 4

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@MarxMygdala

From IW3 to IW4, you saw a new campaign, graphx, the addition of Spec Ops, tons of new perks/equipment/weapons, a complete revamp and replacement of the killstreak system, and tons of tweaks that further refined it as an "e-sport."

To compare that to

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Six years apart...

You have to be deluded and grasping at Goddamn straws.

It's okay to admit that Monster Hunter hasn't changed, even if you like it. But admit it.

Just because the graphics don't improve that much doesn't mean the gameplay is the same.
MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MarxMygdala

@NekuSakuraba: Explain how the gameplay is different. I am all ears.

Oh, you say there are water levels? Oh, joy! Japanese developers using Wii controls for water levels! That's my favorite thing!

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TobbRobb
@MarxMygdala: All you are showing is screens of the gameplay which is incredibly similar, but that can be said for the cod paralells this thread has.
@laserbolts said:
@TobbRobb
@MarxMygdala said:

Much more class customization, I believe the graphics are a little better, added a bunch of killstreaks, also included a spec ops mode. Seems like more changes than better AI to me.

MH has added more weapons and armor/ more appearence customization/a widely loved MP mode and the graphics has improved "a little" every instance. I really don't see much difference between the evolutuon of the two franchises and don't really care. They are both fun as is and as long as they stay fun, they don't need more changes.
Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mmmslash

@MarxMygdala said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Please.

Gladly!

Monster Hunter came out. It was great, but flawed.

Then Monster Hunter G came out. This was a Japanese only release that was the original game, but with a ton more content. New weapons, new armors, new monsters. It's similar to the PSP game Monster Hunter Freedom in terms of content. Monster Hunter G introduced Armor Skills based around a number system, G-rank, and the Farm.

Then there was Monster Hunter Dos. This never saw a stateside release. This added many things found in the series still today. It added a Day and Night cycle, multiple item combination recipes for single items, new weapon classes, the ability to use items while the Sword and Shield is drawn (!), and registering of armor sets.

Then we move to the portable games with monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which is sort of the conclusion of the Freedom games on PSP. This game has a massive amount of content (200+ new quests!), with hundreds of armor sets, hundreds of weapons, tons of monster variants, a humongous amount of end-game content (THREE different Fatalis?! FUCK YES), two sets of maps, X and Z armor sets, new jewels. It also included a host of things to make the game more accessible. You're able to hold more items, combine items in your box, send items directly to your box after purchase, etc.

Then we move into the Tri series. Monster Hunter Tri introduced the a new game with an almost entirely new cast of monsters (Excluding Rathian, Rathalos, and Diablos), brought in Underwater combat, the ability to hunt while not on a quest (and gather resources outside of your quest, or farm!), and continues to make the game more accessible. The farm was streamlined, Cha-Cha replaced Felyne companions and was arguably much more useful (but certainly more charismatic!). This is all ignoring the fact that they actually made a game on the Wii that people want to play, and had a robust online component (On the fucking Wii, of all systems) that doubled the games content.

Then we're brought to Portable 3rd, the Tri series continued on the PSP. This game has yet to see a Western release. It removes the Underwater combat, reintroduces every weapon type seen in the game, brings in new monsters, a new village, a new farm (which is more easily upgraded), a new Drink Skill system, Felyne armor upgrades, and numerous other things.

There is also Monster Hunter Frontier, which is so buttfuckingly different, it's unbelievable. It is Monster Hunter the MMO. I stole some poor Korean man's SSN just to play this game in Korea. It was worth it. Hopefully he never tries to play!

tl;dr The games change in every single iteration, something you would know if you actually played the games before you lambasted them.

MarxMygdala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MarxMygdala

@Mmmslash said:

@MarxMygdala said:

@Chavtheworld said:

Please.

Gladly!

Monster Hunter came out. It was great, but flawed.

Then Monster Hunter G came out. This was a Japanese only release that was the original game, but with a ton more content. New weapons, new armors, new monsters. It's similar to the PSP game Monster Hunter Freedom in terms of content. Monster Hunter G introduced Armor Skills based around a number system, G-rank, and the Farm.

Then there was Monster Hunter Dos. This never saw a stateside release. This added many things found in the series still today. It added a Day and Night cycle, multiple item combination recipes for single items, new weapon classes, the ability to use items while the Sword and Shield is drawn (!), and registering of armor sets.

Then we move to the portable games with monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which is sort of the conclusion of the Freedom games on PSP. This game has a massive amount of content (200+ new quests!), with hundreds of armor sets, hundreds of weapons, tons of monster variants, a humongous amount of end-game content (THREE different Fatalis?! FUCK YES), two sets of maps, X and Z armor sets, new jewels. It also included a host of things to make the game more accessible. You're able to hold more items, combine items in your box, send items directly to your box after purchase, etc.

Then we move into the Tri series. Monster Hunter Tri introduced the a new game with an almost entirely new cast of monsters (Excluding Rathian, Rathalos, and Diablos), brought in Underwater combat, the ability to hunt while not on a quest (and gather resources outside of your quest, or farm!), and continues to make the game more accessible. The farm was streamlined, Cha-Cha replaced Felyne companions and was arguably much more useful (but certainly more charismatic!). This is all ignoring the fact that they actually made a game on the Wii that people want to play, and had a robust online component (On the fucking Wii, of all systems) that doubled the games content.

Then we're brought to Portable 3rd, the Tri series continued on the PSP. This game has yet to see a Western release. It removes the Underwater combat, reintroduces every weapon type seen in the game, brings in new monsters, a new village, a new farm (which is more easily upgraded), a new Drink Skill system, Felyne armor upgrades, and numerous other things.

There is Monster Hunter Frontier, which is so buttfuckingly different, it's unbelievable. It is Monster Hunter the MMO. I stole some poor Korean man's SSN just to play this game in Korea. It was worth it. Hopefully he never tries to play!

tl;dr The games change in every single iteration, something you would know if you actually played the games before you lambasted them.

holy shit, some guy sperged out and actually typed all this shit in response to my topic. xmfd monster hunter fans are freaks!

And no one has even realized I've been posting a picture with PS2 buttons as MH3. XMFD

<3

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mmmslash

@MarxMygdala: Yeah, you got me so good, man. I'm Ben and Jerry's, 52 Flavors of Butthurt.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sooty

Monster Hunter is great.

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers