I have RSI, ergonomic controller? I miss gaming

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I was diagnosed with tendinitis in both wrists two years ago to occupational therapy for it. For the last two years I haven't been able to play Xbox (only console I have is Xbox One S currently) and had a hard time typing on the computer for a decent amount of time. Finding an ergonomic keyboard that works for me has been a god send and has helped me get back to work. My question is to other's who have/had RSI, have you found an ergonomic Xbox controller that works for you? Thanks

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DodoBasse

Have you looked into the Xbox Adaptive Controller?

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not helpful with your Xbox, but I wonder if a Switch would be good for that where you could play holding each Joycon separately.

DodoBasse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nnickers: Nintendo is kinda notoriously bad, when it comes to accessibility, so I don't know if that's the place to look.

Jdezzy62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant you hookup a mouse and keyboard to the Xbox/PS4? I know not every game supports it but its something.

Avatar image for michaelafingers
michaelafingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By michaelafingers

@jdezzy62: most consoles support the use of a mouse/keyboard for interface controls. Some games might as well.

This would open up a BIG assortment of "ergonomic" options for games.

Also @wolverine are you into Just Dance? Its a good workout and a lot of fun if you like the songs.

DrM2theJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Check out this page on the Xbox Adaptive Controller: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/xbox-adaptive-controller

Hopefully that is accessible to you. You might also want to check out the AbleGamers charity (and Steven Spohn, their COO) if you need help, it's right up their alley.

I have had tendonitis in my right elbow for the past seven months and I can't imagine it in my wrists. Hope some of that helps.

Tedthecomando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those who have tendinitis, do you have any hope of it going away? I think I'm developing or have it myself and it makes me worried. Even more worried because DMC5 is coming up and that's not a very tendinitis friendly game.

perseus412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had it for 3 years it's not going to go away on its own, best thing to do is lay off the console games completely, switch to PC with Voicebot to help and use a mouse\keyboard and exercise those wrists.