I Just Completed My Neo Geo Pocket Color Collection!

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 29

#1  Edited By BurningDoom1

It's not much, but it's every game I want for the system, and their all mine now! I just purchased a large chunk of games, completing my collection. My first wantlist completed for an entire system that wasn't a dedicated console:

1. Bust-A-Move Pocket
  2. Dark Arms: Beast Buster 1999
  3. Fatal Fury: First Contact
  4. King of Fighters: R-2
  5. Metal Slug: 1st Mission
  6. Metal Slug: 2nd Mission
  7. Pac-Man
  8. Samurai Shodown! 2: Pocket Fighting Series
  9. SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium
  10. Sonic Pocket Adventure

For those of you wondering: I don't have Samurai Shodown 1 or King of Fighters: R-1 because they're far too expensive, and I'm not THAT big of a fighting game fan. So I have no interest in them.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#2  Edited By Little_Socrates

Well done! I really like the Neo Geo Pocket, although I only got to fool around with one at a friend's house once. I tried SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium and loved that game. Actually, that might've been the first real fighting game I'd ever played, shortly before Justice League: Task Force for the Genesis, which was a much worse game!

BurningDoom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 29

#3  Edited By BurningDoom1

@Little_Socrates said:

Well done! I really like the Neo Geo Pocket, although I only got to fool around with one at a friend's house once. I tried SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium and loved that game. Actually, that might've been the first real fighting game I'd ever played, shortly before Justice League: Task Force for the Genesis, which was a much worse game!

All the fighting games on the Neo Geo Pocket Color are surprisingly good. But SNK vs. Capcom was probably the best of the bunch (that I have at least).

Fighting games seem like they'd be perfect for handheld gaming with their quick pick-up-and-play gameplay style and all. But the other handhelds at the time just couldn't seem to get them right. Neo Geo Pocket Color hit the nail on the head with fighting games on a handheld, despite it only having 2 buttons (at least shoulder buttons would have been nice, though).