I just crossed a dark threshold...I'm not sure how I feel.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I did a thing tonight that I would never have expected I'd do. I think I just became a PC gamer.

Ok I play games on the PC but I've had a mac for a while now so it's mainly League of Legends and whatever Steam games I feel like fiddling with that work for my system. Aside from that it's been primarily 360 and even back when I had a PC I was primarily a console kid.

However, with the upcoming new generation of consoles I've been fully intending on getting an XBONE. Until tonight. I've been thinking about it recently and I'd kinda like to get into trying some streaming stuff, maybe throw up some stupidity on youtube and the Mac Mini I have right now isn't close to being able to handle that. The majority of what I play right now is League. There's a wealth of games on Steam, some of which I've bought cause they were cheap that I can't play. There's just too many reasons to not upgrade my PC. So I went and took the money I was setting aside for the Xbox and I went and spent it on a PC. I'll get the new system next year sometime, I can't not have a console, but it seems like for now, it's PC for me. I'm still coming to grips with what I've done.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say it is a dark threshold, you weighed the choices and made the decision that you felt best fit your needs for the upcoming console generation. I am sure you will be happy with your choice as it seems you have done more than enough research on how you want to game going forward. Enjoy the upgraded pc :-)

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heh heh yeah I'm definitely playing it up, I'm excited to get a new PC. It feels weird though to not get the new machine. Which is weird that I would feel weird about that.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

I think you made the right choice; enjoy your future PC.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

We all kill a hooker at some point. I mean, wait, what?

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I wish it had been something easy like that!

Rick_Fingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rick_Fingers

Get the consoles in the future as an amusing aside from the glory of your PC!

Welcome, my friend, to the master race.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You’ve taken your first step into a larger world.

Capsicum_Homie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say don't limit yourself by thinking about gaming as specific to the hardware you're playing on. Some games feel right for consoles, others right for pc. Just play and have fun.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sick pervert.

Welcome.

JOURN3Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of us... one of us.... one of us.... one of us.....

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I consider myself a PC gamer, despite not having an actual PC. I just have a laptop that runs most things all right. I'll probably be building one in January.

So, I might not be a full member yet, but I think I can still say, "Welcome to the Club".

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enjoy your neckbeard.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Has anyone published what sales numbers are of recent marquee games across platforms? E.g. Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Saint's Row - we have a biased sample here at Giant Bomb that makes me feel like more people are in the PC camp than I know actually are.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@veektarius: I would bet console still outsells PC by a pretty huge margin. GTA is a great example of what a big game can do. Like you say I think we get a skewed view on here sometimes depending on what the crew/community is in to. Kinda like how from here it looks like DotA is the biggest thing ever and nobody cares about LoL but League is still a much bigger game.

@alwaysbebombing: It's starting to fill in real nice.

@capsicum_homie: Yeah I wanna get Titanfall on the xbox they seem to be pushing that as the lead platform.