I just figured out why it's called infamous 2nd son.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The bad guy group from infamous 1 was called the 1st sons. So it's a take on that.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So the bad guy is us?? I dont understand

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just remembered that

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I couldn't figure this out. I thought it was because Cole had two sons or something, so yea.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By TheHT

Hunh. Maybe it'll be a gangs vs government thing. The supes, gangs and civies all joining forces as the super bad DUB DUB rolls in to pacify the locales.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

That makes sense. It's been so long since I played Infamous 1.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That makes sense. It's been so long since I played Infamous 1.

It's been a while, but it would be hard to forget that twist.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Good catch

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

Nice catch. So we will be the good son this time.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pr1mus

I vaguely remember hearing First Sons a bunch in inFamous 1.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the main character is Troy Baker. I'd recognise that handsome face anywhere.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god, you're like fuckin' Sherlock Holmes.

...Yeah, I started playing InFamous last night and this is mentioned in the first 10 minutes of the game.

breezio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also the leader of the First Sons is Kessler, who is Cole.

So if I were to put money on it I'd bet you play as Cole's son.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It came to me just as I was falling asleep then I sprang out of bed and yelled "that's it!!!"

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was obvious from the moment the title was revealed. The First Sons were an important part of Infamous.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if you play as Cole's son or something. Didn't his wife get killed in the first infamous? And if you picked the hero ending, in infamous 2 all of the conduits die so how would there be a "second son"? I guess maybe its a prequel to infamous 2 which would make sense.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@toowalrus said:

Oh my god, you're like fuckin' Sherlock Holmes.

...Yeah, I started playing InFamous last night and this is mentioned in the first 10 minutes of the game.

Yeah, as someone who has been slowly playing through inFamous 1 over the past few months (I'm surprised how much Brad respects the series; I'm finding the first one kind of dull and monotonous), they mention the First Sons CONSTANTLY on the radio chatter. It's always "Kessler and the First Sons" this, and "Kessler and the First Sons" that.

"Second Son" maybe wasn't a great title choice for Sucker Punch, since apparently no one can remember the inFamous fiction. Though I can't blame people for not remembering it, when 90% of the plot events of inFamous seemed basically irrelevant, aside from "Cole has powers from the Ray Sphere", "girlfriend dies", and "all that crazy endgame shit".

For the entire middle 80% of the game, there are like zero moments with meaningful plot development, world building, or character development. There's just a bunch of missions that feel like busywork. I have inFamous 2 free through PS+, so I'll start playing that soon I guess. Hope it's an improvement.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what does it have to do with the police tear gassing me seven years ago?

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Having not played Infamous, if Cole was First Son, wouldn't that make this his brother?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't remember anything about the first inFamous it's been so long but I definitely got this sought of anti government terrorists vibe from the trailer. The question is will this game be disregarding the ending of inFamous 2?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what does it have to do with the police tear gassing me seven years ago?

That was seriously the weirdest part of the whole press conference. Like, we get it, your game is Superhero Watch Dogs. Relax a little bit.

Having not played Infamous, if Cole was First Son, wouldn't that make this his brother?

I mean, yeah, it would, but making it the son of Cole is just way easier on the writers, because they can handwave everything from inFamous 1 and 2 away and say "It's 20 years in the future, all that shit has changed, almost nothing from the first 2 games matters", which absolutely looks like what they are trying to do.

It may not even be his literal son, and just like his successor, but either way, it looks like they are jumping forward in time and probably introducing a whole bunch of new plot elements.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

They've posted that it takes place 7 years after Infamous 2. The guy is 24 and they don't mention a connection to Cole. Authoritarian government agency. Smoke powers, not fire specifically.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

So the bad guy is us?? I dont understand

That's the twist for infamous 1. The main villain is actually Cole from the future.

Cole was the first son but he was from the future and replaced the previous first son. That original first son was a secondary villain who is theoretically still alive. He might be relegated to the second son.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: I don't get anyone's praise for Infamous 1, I think that game was bad at every level. Infamous 2 was a terrific game though, so the series as a whole definitely deserves respect.