I Just Realised... I'm Going to be Away During E3. Help!

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Booked my holiday to Cuba with some friends a couple of weeks ago and it just dawned on me that my trip coincides with E3. I've always kept up with the show over the years, following the chaos that it is through Twitter, GAF and GT's 12-hour livestreams (not forgetting the GB E3 Live Evening Shows). And while I'm looking forward to a well-deserved holiday in the sun I can't help but feel this has dampened my entire trip.

Since the internet is non-existent in Cuba does anyone have any tips on how to miss but re-live E3 through the power that is the internet? I was thinking of avoiding all news and trying to download the GameTrailers Live Streams and re-watching them – is this even possible? I know Giant Bomb keep an archive of their crazy antics on Twitch, so I know I'll be able to revisit that.

I'm sure other fellow posters have missed some part of E3 due to work or other commitments. Are there any other tips for a duder that will be without internet access while the video game world is exploding?

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thatdutchguy

Just watch the big press conferences when you're back from your holiday.

That's what i would do.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Just stick to the bombcasts and you will get everything important, if what they are talking about is interesting then go seek out trailers and such.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ignore most gaming media and potentially other larger news resources if Microsoft announce some form of VR headset as well.

Try and find the major e3 conferences as spoiler free as you can and then watch them (naturally you have the advantage of skimming what seems boring) and you honestly should be covered.

The only downside is you will miss out on chat shenanigans

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@optix12: Yeah I guess it's the whole chatter on Twitter and the forums that I will miss the most. Oh well, I guess I'll be looking forward to an extended holiday when I'm back.

jstaunton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Internet is non-existent in Cuba? Really?

Lego_My_Eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Lego_My_Eggo

I think at this point MS, Sony and Nintendo all have there own live streams and save them somewhere on there own now, and there are more then enough web sites that have an archive. And i believe gametrailers even keeps there full day long live streams unless im mistaken, so you should be good.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

I was in the mountains in Afghanistan with no Internet during an E3 and stayed in the loop of the major things. You'll figure it out.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#9 FinalDasa  Moderator

Really the only live things to watch are the press conferences and the GB live streams, both of which are usually archived somewhere.

And for time saving purposes there are usually summaries of all of E3, or individual press conferences, somewhere after E3 is over. You should be fine :)

McHampton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers