I kind of miss the Giant Bomb Gang

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doctorchin

I've without a doubt noticed that there is a hell of a lot of content being uploaded these days, i think ever since the endurance run stopped the quick looks have just kept coming. 

But still, one of the reasons i like giant bomb so much is the people who work on it. It seems like there aren't many mailbags (silly although they are) and it would be pretty crotch rock'n to have another little series like 'how to build a bomb' or something. Perhaps just on running the site. 

Heh, and that time we had a cribs style thing around Ryan's house. For me what really sets GB apart from other sites is the crazy amount of talent working on it. I know we have podcasts weekly and loads of quicklooks but it would be cool to have some videos of office fun again. Feel me?

Slim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Slim

i do indeed, feel you, my brother. I've just been watching how to build a bomb

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mrfizzy

In some ways i agree with you, i loved the Cribs thing at Ryan's place and their office antics are brilliant (Gin bet anyone?). Tho having said that, i cant really believe that it would be easy running a site like this. The site is fairly popular and its not hosted by a huge staff, they have a lot of work to keep up with.  

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fishmicmuffin

How to build a bomb coupled with how much I enjoyed listening to Jeff on the HotSpot are the two things that made me keep coming back to this website in the first place. Anything similar to that would be great. And what Riot said, "how to keep a bomb ticking" seems like a great idea! Still love the site, it's the best place for humor on the internet as far as I'm concerned.

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By doctorchin

God damn you @mrfizzy: you are kind of right, this site is getting more popular.

@RiotBananas: and @Slim: That's a very cool name for it, i love how to build a bomb but it would amaaazing to have another few videos to watch

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
@RiotBananas said:
" @doctorchin said:
"  I've without a doubt noticed that there is a hell of a lot of content being uploaded these days, i think ever since the endurance run stopped the quick looks have just kept coming.   But still, one of the reasons i like giant bomb so much is the people who work on it. It seems like there aren't many mailbags (silly although they are) and it would be pretty crotch rock'n to have another little series like 'how to build a bomb' or something. Perhaps just on running the site.   Heh, and that time we had a cribs style thing around Ryan's house. For me what really sets GB apart from other sites is the crazy amount of talent working on it. I know we have podcasts weekly and loads of quicklooks but it would be cool to have some videos of office fun again. Feel me? "
I agree, I'd like to see a "How to keep a bomb ticking" "
That's a good idea. I second it. If any staff read this, make it happen!
Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Darkstar614

They should just put up like a always-on webcam of the office until they get some more of their features(endurance run, tang, etc.) back in gear.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9  Edited By DrRandle

Hell I'm just happy with the Bombcast every week. It's a highlight, to say the least. Next to watching Fringe and 30 Rock.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By Forcen

More mailbag and general office shenanigans videos please.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By raviolisumo

I miss mail. I sent them the pc version Sonic R and a game.com and don't know if they enjoyed them or threw them away (I would be fine with either)

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By doctorchin

Well i'm very glad to hear others are missing the office hijinks! I love that the site has become so popular but it would be so awesome to have some more videos, perhaps if feels a bit empty since TANG ended as well (props on the amount of time put into that). It would be cool to have another weekly video though.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Damian

We have to expect these changes. This is the season of relentless game releases, holidays, and annually retrospective stuff. Once things slow down, I'm sure they will fill the gap with some of the silly filler shenanigans they uploaded more often in the past. 
There's an ebb and flow to this that these guys are adjusting all the time. That said, this topic might inspire them to throw up some of that silly crap. And that'd be nice, so yes, I feel you :)

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By doctorchin
@RiotBananas: AYE!
ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaunassNZ

Yea we all love the guys at GB and want more of them, sometimes more of them then the games.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Aetos

Once the holiday season is over they pry will start to post more of them. But I do miss them.

And  
@RiotBananas:  Aye

DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By DewRequired

I agree with just about all of this. I go to a lot of different places to hear about games, but Giant Bomb is more about the personalities behind it.

Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Civraz

I agree 100%

doctorchin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By doctorchin
@DewRequired said:
" I agree with just about all of this. I go to a lot of different places to hear about games, but Giant Bomb is more about the personalities behind it. "
Yeah for sure!

In fact what turned me into a daily giant bomb visitor was when i saw them in a wine bar talking about bioshock 2!
hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By hockeymask27

I to have had these feelings...At least I don't feel like some creepy raper stocking guy anymore.

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By bubahula

i would love more videos of the office and just general shenanigans  :D

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Cube

Yeah, I agree. The charm is kind of gone.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By ki11tank

yea more pointless dumb shit videos that would seem like a waste of bandwidth would be great.

seriously i would watch them as i've always found the gang rather entertaining.  DO IT

Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I'm sure we'll see more of that kind of stuff once the holiday games are taken care of. Although it does look like a busy Q1 next year...

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27  Edited By damnboyadvance

Yeah. The office is pretty sweet. Would love to see more of it. Maybe like a live feed!

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mushir

A shitload of games just came out the past few weeks. So that's why I'm guessing we are seeing a little less random videos. I'm sure they'll come up with a new video feature early next year. Things are just kinda hectic right now.

skippyscissors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By skippyscissors

Yeah, I'm sure the amount of games they have to review is staggering during the holiday season. I'm keeping my fingers cross next year for more office crap, and maybe another ER!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By zombie2011
@Twilight said:
" A shitload of games just came out the past few weeks. So that's why I'm guessing we are seeing a little less random videos. I'm sure they'll come up with a new video feature early next year. Things are just kinda hectic right now. "
Things are gonna be way more hectic early next year, than fall of this year.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ArchScabby

Well they still do enough videos and things that I wouldn't say there isn't enough content with them, but more would always be better right?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32  Edited By RHCPfan24

I would love to see more personal looks and videos again. The Quick Looks have been great but I miss the "Buck Thirty Cam" vids and mailbag ones.

Avatar image for bureksasutlijom
Bureksasutlijom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Bureksasutlijom
@Wes899 said:
" I miss mail. I sent them the pc version Sonic R and a game.com and don't know if they enjoyed them or threw them away (I would be fine with either) "
Game.com...oh boy,now that is one present I wouldn't like for Xmas.
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By dbz1995
@Twilight said:
" A shitload of games just came out the past few weeks. So that's why I'm guessing we are seeing a little less random videos. I'm sure they'll come up with a new video feature early next year. Things are just kinda hectic right now. "
Good little point.

Also, don't any of you guys think its a little harsh to make the GBers make videos of things they may or may not want to do? It raced through my mind of ER ideas and races to my mind now. We want them to continue loving their games and stuff, and we gedt rewarded with more non-robotic, enjoyable stuff that they get out. Things that are out of the blue are normally the best, e.g the Fairytale Collections QL and the Noby Noby Boy QL (Don't know about the Endurance Run, wasn't there when it started).
raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By raviolisumo
@Bureksasutlijom said:

" @Wes899 said:

" I miss mail. I sent them the pc version Sonic R and a game.com and don't know if they enjoyed them or threw them away (I would be fine with either) "
Game.com...oh boy,now that is one present I wouldn't like for Xmas. "
It was awhile ago too, whenever Jeff (or Brad?) was singing one of the songs from the final course in R.  

The game.com had the Batman and Robin game and Fighters Megamix.
Slim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slim

While we wait for them to have downtime to make dumb videos with, I forgot that this happened and its pretty great