#51 sweep  Moderator

It's OK I guess.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Well, I've been around for the past eight and a half years. That's longer than I can say for most sites. That's gotta count for something.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

I like this thread.

Maybe my favorite GB related thing was getting to play with the guys alongside their Xboxalypse stream. Few things rank higher than shooting the GB staff in Halo 2 while listening to Vinny strum the guitar and Ryan laugh at all the perfect, dumb moments along the way.

In addition, I've had quite a good time with you all, the GB community, over the years. I don't participate in discussions and things as much as I once did. Regardless, things like Hamster's GB Community Song and the short-lived-yet-amazing Luchazine remain highlights of my time here with all you wonderful duders.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it's good that people can vent their frustrations or concerns with the content via the forum, as long as it's constructive and reasonable. The negative thread that was created last week was a little misguided to begin with, but once people started to contribute to the conversation, it did get a bit more constructive.

That being said, I also think this is a good idea for a thread. I have stuck with Giant Bomb and the podcasts for about 5 years. That doesn't happen without a lot of love for the content. My work commute is made far more enjoyable due to the podcasts, and the videos are my go-to relief for a hangover (high praise, trust me).

I always get excited for Giant Bomb's game of the year deliberations and E3 coverage.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesterday i watched some UPF's off 2013 on GB Infinite man those where great ! "a fork!"

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@captain_insano: I think, for me, the closest the site gets to early Giant Bomb is the Aftermath podcast.

Jeff and Ben riffing on misc. stuff is pretty damned good and goes off unexpected directions frequently.

Avatar image for deactivated-600fd4c660493
deactivated-600fd4c660493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fantastic site. I think it shines the most when they have the full crew together. The holiday videos are heartwarming. It really does feel like a family getting together and goofing around.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I have been here since the beginning, although mostly in podcast form. That changed with the Persona ER...

Right now, my favorite features are the X-Com run and the beastcast. The new God Hand one has lots of potential.

poobumbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By poobumbutt

If this thread has reminded me of anything, its that I really need to get back to working my way through a "best Quick Looks of all time" list I found on here. I remember I had it bookmarked on my IPad before that died and that caused me to forget about it.

On-topic: the completely silent (commentary) You're In The Movies QL is like a piece of performance art. Not exactly instant classic stuff, but I thought it was low-key great anyway.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Giant Bomb has been my homepage since I joined back in 2010. It is the first thing I open up if I need something to watch or want to waste some time pursuing the forums. I've grown a bit out of watching everything the site does. Things like fighting games just don't interest me as much but I'm glad RoF is there for the people that like it. The Bomb/Beastcast are usually day one listens for me, UPF/East Play Date is always there for me on Friday nights when I get home from work. I watch 90% of the Quick Looks and always love when there is a new office video to watch.

I love Abby on the staff I think she adds so much to an already awesome team of people on the east. Ben and Jan I also love and think what they bring to the west fills the void their better than I expected. The site isn't the same as it was when I first joined and that's ok. Some changes are for the best some not so much but Giant Bomb is still there for me as it's always been.

I love the community here, even though as GB seems to get more and more popular there's a certain brief loss of identity with the forums. Though those people are a minority and it's rare for a website as big as this to cultivate such a positive and dedicated audience. I love Giant Bomb and I will continue to support them for as long as it makes sense to. Here's to another 10 years.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By notkcots

The site still rules, and the east/west split has done a really good job of providing two different types of content. The west crew is a little more jaded and focused on industry news and analysis, while east does lots of goofy series and bits. Both are really great at what they do, and Ben, Abby, and Jan have been great additions to their respective offices. I'm excited that cross-coast Quick Looks and videos have been happening more and more, and hope that the trend will continue.

In terms of the site's evolution, I don't think it can be overstated how well the crew has done at recruiting the right people at the right times. Dan and Jason were exactly the right people to reinvigorate the site after Ryan's passing. While Austin didn't stay as long as a lot of the other folks, he really raised the level of discourse in the GB community and broadened the site's horizons in ways that I think are still being felt today. Also, major shout outs to Dave, Drew, and Alexis for providing some of the all time best moments.

Speaking of best moments, I think the Bioforge videos deserve special acknowledgment.

Loading Video...

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I still like GB a lot but there are some things I wish were different, but I think a large part of that is simply following something for a very long time. Criticism is good when delivered in a constructive way, praise is equally uplifting for people that spend hours making content. A mix of both is a good thing.

sillysixths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Giant Bomb has been a constant source of entertainment in my life since the P4 ER days. I have a whole lot of favorite moments but this is the one where I knew this website was for me. I haven't looked back since.

Loading Video...

I am currently digging RoF, All Systems Goku, and basically whatever shenanigans GBeast puts out on a week to week basis.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nutter said:

@captain_insano: I think, for me, the closest the site gets to early Giant Bomb is the Aftermath podcast.

Jeff and Ben riffing on misc. stuff is pretty damned good and goes off unexpected directions frequently.

I didn't really listen to that much, but then I tuned in one week. It's way better than I thought it would be! Usually call in stuff is horrid but they make it work way better.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wanted to give my opinion on the so called negative posts on the front page. I actually didn't see them as negative I think its perfectly fine that some people voice their opinions about Giant Bomb. They are equally as valid as what you're trying to do here in this topic.

I have been on this site since 2008 and there has been a sea of changes both in terms of features but also how the BG crew are as people. Which is all normal and to be expected, people evolve and so does the people in the community.

I'm not gonna sit here and lie about GB always being to my liking, there are things i very much enjoy now that i also enjoyed years ago. There are also additions which i don't care for or find interesting. But that's where i choose to not engage with that content. I don't see that as a negative, the GB crew can't cater to only my interests and needs. And i don't expect every piece of content to be something i will like.

So again i found those other topic nice to read through. It's just evolution, things change. Sometimes you will welcome it, other times you won't or can't.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't wanna turn this into a negative thread :D but yeah a few years back i would watch everything from the crew now it's just mostly, GBW cause it feels like more old GB maybe it's because of me thinking Ben is still a intern :D.

Cloudleet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By Cloudleet

I've been here for nine and a half years, and I still love the site so much. I come by here every day to catch up on the gang and the amazing community. What amazes me the most is that they keep hiring all these amazing people, making the site better by every addition. I miss Patrick and Austin, but I love their endeavours at waypoint. Dan and Jason brought it when it came to content, and I knew Dan would be a favorite from the get-go. Abby, Ben and Jan are all fantastic and I love the entire gang. During these years we've experienced loss, rest in peace Ryan, and as a community, we've been in grief. And that just nailed down how much better a communtiy we are here. There are some bad apples of course, but we are quick to weed them out. I love my entire GiantBomb family with a passion!

All my favorite moments would take hours to list, but there are some that shines even stronger than others.

The bombcast where the developers from GRIN brought swedish candy is the best thing to have happened in podcast history, and to this day, I still call it DJ Ungelvral. I remember me going back to this podcast the day I learned of Ryans passing. Vinny screaming that his tounge had melted after trying the hockeypowder still makes me giggle just thinking about it.

"My balls"

Jeff inviting people to ride the rollercoaster.

Metal gear Scanlon is amazing, and I love the dynamic between Drew and Dan.

The gang mocking Milo for the kinect.

Everything Abby has been in. 13 deadly Sims is my favorite videoseries on this site.

Here's to ten amazing years, and here's to ten more!

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I love Giant Bomb. Ever since I discovered the site in 2010, its become my favorite website as I loved the sense of humor of the folks who work here and the honesty everyone brings about their gaming experiences and the game industry past and present. It really has become my #1 source of entertainment and gaming news and can't think where else I'd go to get that same coverage.

Favorite Moment? I don't think I can pick one, but I have so many moments/videos that I love from GB over the years:

• "F**k you Brad Garrett! I hope you burn in S**t"-Ryan Davis from the Hollywood Squares Quick Look
  • Rider Meet Horse. Horse Meet Rider (Maybe THE favorite moment since it got me hooked on GB in the first place)
  • Anytime Ghoul showed up in the Limo during the Persona 4 ER
  • Floating Skateboard from the Tony Hawk Shred QL
  • Dead Island TNT (The entirety of it)
  • All the Harry Potter QL's with Ryan and Vinny
  • Ryan drinking the Breast Milk at PAX 2013
  • Jeff and Dan enduring Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
  • All the Mario Party Party (Though Drew's comeback is the best)
  • Demo Derby (Best moments are Drew freaking out over the Gamer Auditions for a PS2 demo disc and them being scarred from seeing the scary Spryo sheep)
  • Dan and Brad hunting down Gary Busey in Hitman
  • Anytime they talked to Tom in the Shenmue ER
  • Dan getting the red shine
  • Jeff and Ben testing the badness of Bio F.R.E.A.K.S.

Sorry for my long list, but I just wanted to write down some of my favorite moments, videos and stream from GB.

Mimakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been watching the site for 10 years now. I loved it back then, even though there was minimal content in comparison. My favorite moments where big milestones like the first big live show, the acquisition announcement in the house, the ERs with jeff and vinny, ''put the peppergrinder down'', call Zobek, the first VR live, most podcasts, all of the we talk over { }, the d&d game.

AS People came and went GB has always been consistently funny, out-reaching, familiar, honest, independent, crazy at times, professional (even though they claim not to be) and they really care about their crowd. Many times their love for a game made me check it out,even though I wouldn't play necessarily their favorite ones, but their authentic takes on games is something very valuable.

I also think it's important to have people with a history of video games similar to mine (they have played almost everything so its easy) to be able to connect.

lastly I want to say, that they're staffing choices have been consistently amazing, Patrick, Austin,Jason,Jenn

(...okay Dan too) and Abbie and Ben especially have become my favorite people to watch or listen to and somehow fit so good to a party of people that were working and connecting with each other for so many more years than them.

Congratulations on creating this thread, because expressing this positive feeling is so important, given how the crew seems to get caught up on negative s**t that some people unapologetically give.

I have never felt betrayed or demanding of something else than what GB has to offer, even though I have been a culprit of writing a few comments like ''give us P5ER''; but the P5 quicklook was so funny I couldn't help myself not asking for a JEff and Vinny ER. IT was sooooo goood!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@ben_h: I think the community stuff best serves just giving them a topic to riff on. Humid Florida Manga Rooms was a fun discussion.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't love Giant Bomb the way I once did - similar to the way I don't love Gamespot the way I once did - but I love that they're still here. I mean, if possible, I'll follow Jeff, Vinny and Brad wherever events may take them, but the continuation of Giant Bomb...it just makes me happy. I love that there are (and will continue to be be) people who only just recently discovered the site and it is for them what it was for me. And I love the way the community pulls together every year for Extra Life - this really is just a baller community.

Most of all, though, I love the thought that whenever Elder Scrolls 6 finally releases, maybe I'll get to enjoy another 12-hour Greg Kasavin marathon brought to me courtesy of Giant Bomb.