#1 Edited by deckard (346 posts) -

I really liked Ni No Kuni II last year and I'm intrigued by the new Tales of Vesperia DE. It seems very much in the same vein regarding art style, somewhat similar combat system, etc. Am I on the right page?

#2 Posted by FacelessVixen (2523 posts) -

As someone who isn't really into anime games despite having an anime avatar; yeah, pretty much, on the surface. Vesperia is supposedly one of the better Tales games and I've heard good things about Ni No Kuni The Second.

#3 Posted by Efesell (4319 posts) -

They're really not all that similar at all other than just sort of broadly being anime action RPGs but I would still probably say yeah..?

Ni No Kuni 2s was a very simplified version of the combat Tales games use and Vesperia also bothers to have character arcs for more than like..2 people.

#4 Posted by berfunkle (162 posts) -

Just started playing and I like it but I have a few gripes.

Number 1, what kinda monster gets their dog hooked on nicotine? Suffice it to say, the pipe-smoking dog cracked me up.

Number 2, why is the appears-to-be 25 year old party member referred to as an "old man"? I guess if you're 40 years of age, you're pretty much dead to the main characters.

#5 Posted by soulcake (2624 posts) -

Maybe you should try Dragon Quest 11 "wink wink"

#6 Posted by someoneproud (477 posts) -

Haven't played Ni No Kuni 2 yet but Vesperia is one of my favourite RPGs ever, thoroughly recommend it.

@berfunkle : Haha... 1. Cause it's bad ass & cause anime 2. Cause anime, once people hit 40 they transform into master Roshi-likes

#7 Posted by LentFilms (1099 posts) -

@berfunkle said:

Number 2, why is the appears-to-be 25 year old party member referred to as an "old man"?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
#8 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (7829 posts) -

Not sure if this helps, but Ni No Kuni (1) and Tales of Vesperia are two of maybe 3 or 4 jrpgs I've ever been locked in enough to finish. I would recommend it for sure.

#9 Posted by TheRealTurk (449 posts) -

Just started playing and I like it but I have a few gripes.

Number 1, what kinda monster gets their dog hooked on nicotine? Suffice it to say, the pipe-smoking dog cracked me up.

Number 2, why is the appears-to-be 25 year old party member referred to as an "old man"? I guess if you're 40 years of age, you're pretty much dead to the main characters.

Hey! You take that back! You take that back right now! Repede is awesome. He's a dog. With one eye. And he carries a sword around in his mouth! He's the anime version of Sif from Dark Souls. How cool is that?

(Also, his hit box is smaller than other characters. A lot of enemy attacks will actually go over him, so there's a tangible benefit to having him in your party)