I'm New To Twitch

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

I created a Twitch account the other day because of salty bet and now I'm looking for some streams to watch. I really don't care what game it is but I think I'd prefer to watch some smaller channels with fewer viewers. The chat always seem better in those ones. Any recommendations? Anyone here have a stream that might fit the bill? I'm open to all suggestions.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

More Salty Bets

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I created a Twitch account the other day because of salty bet and now I'm looking for some streams to watch. I really don't care what game it is but I think I'd prefer to watch some smaller channels with fewer viewers. The chat always seem better in those ones. Any recommendations? Anyone here have a stream that might fit the bill? I'm open to all suggestions.

Why not just go to the games list and look what games interest you. ? But if you like D&D in like 58 minutes they will stream their almost weekly D&D Rollplay campaign which is also a ton of fun to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/itmejp

It is a pretty big channel but again it is really fun to watch if you like D&D or thought the Pathfinder stuff from Vinny and Co was entertaining^^

Also if you like Wrestlinggames http://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I found Twitch to be like a rabbit hole, you have to keep digging to find the good stuff. And I think that hooked me was watching a guy trying to play Resident Evil Gamecube remake on hard difficulty with a knife. The personalities are a bit mixed, like listening to teenagers talk while Don't Starve is playing in the background and they are doing nothing to interact about it instead they talk about their own personal drama is pretty horrible. I'm a nerd, I love hearing someone just go "well this version of resident evil, blah blah blah blah"

Although I have no idea why people would want to watch me play Dark Souls. I guess because I'm a noob, but I'm not going to go on voice chat to be obnoxious. Just keep digging till you find what you like.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

99% of my time spent on twitch is dedicated to watching speedrunners' streams....so if you don't watch speedrunning I wouldn't be able to recommend you anything but if you do just go to twitch.tv/team/srl to find some good streamers.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Werster speed runs Pokemon pretty often. Also Trihex with that Yoshi's Island swag.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Heard playroom is all the rage on twitch right now.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By NeoCalypso

MANvsGAME: A really cool and entertaining guy who occasionally goes on some crazy rants/tangents for seemingly no reason. He's pretty funny most of the time as well.

LethalFrag: Yet another cool and entertaining dude. Has two really adorable ferrets that make frequent appearances and does his signature Dapper Time salute when he manages to do something cool in a game. He also happens to be undertaking(and nearing the end of) a 2 year stream challenge where he streams a couple hours every day for two years, so you'll be able to catch him pretty often.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can recommend some good smaller streams, i'll start with

SuperGreatFriend - If you haven't seen him on youtube he provides witty commentary and engages audience. He plays some very obscure games also

Valon22 - This channel was one of the first I followed in 2011, it has grown quite a bit. A dedicated team of streamers now accompany Valon in providing a wide variety of game streams in a friendly community.

Toboshi - Pretty exclusively streams casts concerning the upcoming PC game Spy Party, but puts on a tremendous show with some great enthusiasm

Hyperkind - An absolutely fantastic caster, always takes the time to greet and engage in conversation when I swing through, Highly recommended.

Vadershader - Another great example of keeping viewers engaged and involved, humorous, exciting and keeps stream fun for everyone by getting to know viewers beyond a simple number

These are just a few of my recommendations, hope ya find a solid community where ever ya end up on Twitch.

chemystery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By chemystery

Okay. That's some good advice folks! I don't think speed runs are my thing. How about RPGs specifically. Any good streams of those?

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speed Runs Live is a large group of speedrunners who play all sorts of games. The website is very slick as well. All streamers listed on the front page are currently live. Just click on each one to view their stream.

Also, Team Spooky has fighting game tournaments a few times a month from all over the US.

Honestly though you need to be playing Salty 24/7. It is the correct course of action. It is the rightthing to do.

tsutohiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tsutohiro

@crithon said:

Oh yeah, Jeff Green's twitch stream of Dark Souls is nothing but INSPIRING!!!!!!

QFT.

I'm catching up with the latest episode now, and its just pure entertainment.

If I ever have the pleasure of meeting him, I think I might greet him by shouting "UCHIGATANA!"

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By casper_

lotta fgc events are very exciting. capcom cup coming up this weekend.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

Jeff Green streaming stuff is amazing, right now he's playing Dark Souls - twitch.tv/greenspeak, or youtube.com/greenspeak to get caught up

Speedrunners are my favorite thing to watch, lots of skill, and always fun. Find your favorite over at speedrunslive.com and go from there!

BOILeR is amazing if you're into Binding of Isaac. They have a very organized racing tournament. It's off season now but you can check it out on youtube. More info at boilr.org.