I miss you Ryan.

• 59 results
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

I fully admit I'm drunk but damn, I miss you Ryan, and it hurts that you're gone... Sorry to be a downer but damn, it is so hard to remember... I find it hard to deal with each time I really remember. Hurts more than I ever really would have imagined. Thanks for being awesome bomb crew, love you guys.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bigjeffrey

Fuck YEAH, Really Sucks that he is gone. He brought so much to the site, and filled my head with hundreds or even thousands of hours of dumb/insightful Video Game shit. The GB crew is doing a damn swell job. But his presence is missed big time.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I miss the fact Ryan was actually good at playing the game during the quicklook instead of thinking production production production, which is ironic because I always thought of Ryan as the producer of the GB crew.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Remember the good times with Wappy Dog. Definitely miss Ryan.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

He is missed that is for sure.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I definitely miss him as well. He went way too soon. For such a young man, he left behind quite a legacy. You can't replace someone like that. Somehow, you just have to keep moving forward without that presence there. It won't be the same, but it can still be great.

Everyday, I see him in what Giant Bomb has become.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah. :(

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

He is most definitely missed and we all miss him here. Although, I would like to think that Ryan would most definitely be proud in what Giant bomb has become and how great the community is here and how much support we show them on a daily basis.

Keeping it real everyday for Ryan.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It's still so hard to accept he's gone. Most of us have never met the guy, yet his passing has affected us so deeply. He was truly a wonderful human being. He will definitely live on through his work that brought so many people joy.

I'll miss this motherfucker so much. R.I.P.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By breadfan

It's just so weird as new content seems to be getting back to normal. His presence is definitely missed. Gah, now I am bummed.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breadfan said:

It's just so weird as new content seems to be getting back to normal. His presence is definitely missed. Gah, now I am bummed.

Yeah, as content has started back up I keep expecting him to be in something. It's a bummer.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

We'll always have Tuesday.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm still making my way through the backlogs of Bombcasts and videos, so for me, it's like he's still around. But knowing that with every bombcast I listen to I'm closer to having no Ryan, is real damn depressing.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I keep thinking he's on vacation or something and that he will be back in a week or two.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're clearly not alone with that sentiment.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep thinking he's on vacation or something and that he will be back in a week or two.

During the latest Unprofessional Fridays, I had a feeling that he was going to come back from the bathroom any minute or during recent mailbags, that he is gonna come strolling down the hallway or magically appear at his desk. Man, that fucking guy was so cool.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Three0neFive

As do I - and I'm pretty sure literally everyone else on this site - but dwelling on it isn't going to bring him back. Grieve, say what you gotta say and do what you gotta do, then try as best as you can to move on. The last thing Ryan would want is to be a constant source of hurt for anyone.

fleabeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, now I'm sad again.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

It's so sad...I was listening to the 8-4 podcast on the beach a couple of days ago where they had the tribute of Ryan and just started to cry when they had all the times he said "Hey everyone it is Tuesday". I had to turn it off.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I definitely miss the big guy a lot.

Wherever he is I'm sure they have an endless supply of custom New Balances for him to try out.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/hugs

devotfeige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally broke down and bought a sub to watch the Unprofessional Fridays that I missed, and on the celebratory "hey, you bought a subscription!" page with the confetti, the audio clip that plays has Ryan cheering and hollering along with everybody else.

I admit, it brought more than a couple of tears to my eyes.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, same here big_john. Every so often it hits me again and it seems so unreal that Ryan is gone...still too fucking hard to process.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By VoshiNova
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TruthTellah
RIP Ryan
RIP Ryan

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck, Ryan Davis :(

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Props to the crew for holding live shows and Quick Looks, etc. I'm sure they think about Ryan after every joke they make that shared some kind of a connection with Ryan or that they think Ryan would've liked. Must be super tough, and getting back to work only a single week after the news was broken is no doubt extremely difficult, so they deserve a ton of respect.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

RIP Ryan
RIP Ryan

Was gonna say shit dude why is Ryan haunting your game but then I remembered it being "fireworks day" in Animal Crossing. How'd you do that?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TruthTellah

@i_stay_puft: I made a design of Ryan and gave it to Isabelle today before the Fireworks show. If you give her designs, they'll appear as spherical fireworks in the show. :)

Every citizen was clapping for Ryan.
Every citizen was clapping for Ryan.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

@big_jon:

Uh oh, drunk on a Sunday night? Monday's workday will suck dude.

TheElliotBee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheElliotBee

I haven't been able to shake the misery his passing has caused me. It's been about a month, but I think about him everyday. I don't post much; but I've spent countless hours consuming content made in some way by Ryan. He didn't know me for a second and I regret not taking the opportunity to meet him before he passed. I just want him and what he brought to Giantbomb back. He was a genuinely wonderful person; and I admire the life he lived and the impression he's left behind. Rest easy my friend, you're made it to the big arcade in the sky.

GeneralZod37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GeneralZod37

That picture brought tears to my eyes. I miss that duder so much.

Strife381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Strife381

@truthtellah: wow, that's really awesome. I've got a little Ryan Davis in my animal crossing too

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Thanks for dealing with my stupid drunk forum post with such class duders, you're all great.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are all stupid

and possibly drunk as well

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TruthTellah

We are all stupid

I know I am! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for making me cry. Dick.

EDIT: AND I missed fireworks in animal crossing? Double dicks.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TruthTellah

@crazybagman said:

Thanks for making me cry. Dick.

EDIT: AND I missed fireworks in animal crossing? Double dicks.

Don't worry. There are fireworks every Sunday night in August. So, check your town after 7PM next Sunday. :)

(and if you talk to Isabelle on Sunday before the Fireworks, you can give her designs for custom fireworks)

Smashlampjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Smashlampjaw

I will miss him very much, he didn't deserve to go when he did, but he made the site what it is today and that foundation will last a long-time. RIP big guy.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I keep feeling like he'll show up in any piece of content any day now... :(

It makes me very sad...

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We are all stupid

yup.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe I'm not really over it after pretty much a month, it's insane how much he added to the site, and without him it just feels completely empty. The latest videos are great, so there's that, but I always keep wondering "how would Ryan respond to this?" He always seemed to elevate funny moments.

Wow, has it really been a month? I still haven't accepted it. I mean, I know he's gone but for some reason I still don't stop expecting to hear his voice on the podcast or see his face in video content. My mind knows the truth but my heart doesn't accept it. Now I'm sad again. Time to go to sleep depressed.

thefaulconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thefaulconer

I deal with loss slowly, so I hadn't really felt the lack of Ryan until a recent Unprofessional Fridays where Jeff played some Payday 2.

He made one reference to the film Heat that had Vinny chuckle a bit and I thought to myself "Shit, Ryan would've ran with that and had a fucking field day with Jeff". Shit sucks.

At least I have the entire Crono Trigger Endurance Run to look foward to, never got around to watching it.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the guy and what he gave to this site, and in turn my life... but people's obsession and claims of depression over his passing are so strange to me. He was a great man, but it may be time for the people who weren't connect to him any other way than by seeing him in funny videos to move on. It's gone from being sad that he's gone to a weird level of cult of personality and celebrity worship. Making posts on the forum because you're drunk and find it hard to deal with? I mean if you found out he died via the Giant Bomb news feed chances are you weren't that close...

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By Sooty

@pandabear said:

I miss the guy and what he gave to this site, and in turn my life... but people's obsession and claims of depression over his passing are so strange to me. He was a great man, but it may be time for the people who weren't connect to him any other way than by seeing him in funny videos to move on. It's gone from being sad that he's gone to a weird level of cult of personality and celebrity worship. Making posts on the forum because you're drunk and find it hard to deal with? I mean if you found out he died via the Giant Bomb news feed chances are you weren't that close...

I 100% agree with you and at the risk of sounding cynical, I believe some people are overstating it for effect.

It still sucks though, and it is extremely grim when you think that he had only just gotten married, that part does make me uncomfortable and so does the fact that I kind of forgot all about it until today.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@pandabear said:

I 100% agree with you and at the risk of sounding cynical, I believe some people are overstating it for effect.

It still sucks though, and it is extremely grim when you think that he had only just gotten married, that part does make me uncomfortable and so does the fact that I kind of forgot all about it until today.

Glad I'm not alone. That first day I thought it was a joke but when it turned out to be true I just felt awful for his friends and family. I met him at E3 just this year and we spoke about the show for a while so I know first-hand he was a great guy... but I didn't cry when he died. I felt a sense of loss, but a reaction that strong is reserved for the close people in my life - friends or family. I think that people who are that upset by his passing and are just fans need to seriously re-evaluate what they're saying and why. Is it for effect? Do you often feel this connected to people you've never met? Is that healthy? It's just so macabre dragging it up here to get a reaction from people...

But anyway, Ryan was a genuinely great guy and he will always be missed.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@pandabear said:

Glad I'm not alone. That first day I thought it was a joke but when it turned out to be true I just felt awful for his friends and family. I met him at E3 just this year and we spoke about the show for a while so I know first-hand he was a great guy... but I didn't cry when he died. I felt a sense of loss, but a reaction that strong is reserved for the close people in my life - friends or family. I think that people who are that upset by his passing and are just fans need to seriously re-evaluate what they're saying and why. Is it for effect? Do you often feel this connected to people you've never met? Is that healthy? It's just so macabre dragging it up here to get a reaction from people...

But anyway, Ryan was a genuinely great guy and he will always be missed.

I can understand why you all may feel that way from your vantage point, but I think coming here and stating that in response to people here is insensitive and somewhat cruel. I'm not inclined to necessarily disagree with the premise that some levels of grief are possibly unhealthy, but I think that recoiling from comments like these and daring to even compare them to a cult of personality goes way too far. Just as you may be mocking those expressing their pain here for possibly having an unhealthy level of attachment to someone they did not personally know, you are actively presenting an unhealthy lack of empathy for fellow human beings. Real people who you also do not know and have little right to judge in this way.

You should be ashamed of yourselves for allowing your pride over responding "better" to his death than others to convince you that saying these things is in any way appropriate. That voice telling you that these words might sound too cynical or cruel was the voice of reason, and you ignored it just so you might put down these people. I hope that bullying them was worth it, because even if that was not your intention, you have carelessly disregarded the feelings of others and responded cruelly in a way that is certainly far more unsettling than some people possibly being too attached to a regular personality that was in their lives over the last few years.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kingclaw

Today I was listening to the latest bombcast, and when they started changing word for fishing terms there were some long pauses while they came up with something new, the absence of Ryan was so much in the face that I almost shed a tear.

And please stop forcing Brad to say "emails" in the podcast, he really sounds very unconfortable with that right now, probably he'll be ready to say it with entusiasm again some day but not now.