I suck at the MP, should I buy this game?

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, I am middling to on the verge of terrible at Halo multiplayer. Its to the point where I dont play Halo 3 anymore because I already beat the SP and im not going to play the Multiplayer because I die every 10 seconds. But im really interested in reach, but I dont know if its worth it to buy it if all im probaly gonna do is singleplayer and maybe firefight. maybe. Its not that I dont wanna play MP, its just its not fun for me because I keep dying. Do you guys think itll be worth getting in my case?
Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Mrnitropb

I would say rent it then.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Green_Incarnate

By playing you can only get better. I have a feeling Reach will be a tad easier on new players because of hit scan. You won't have to lead your shots as much as in Halo 3. Point and shoot, just like Halo 2.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DystopiaX
@Green_Incarnate said:
" By playing you can only get better. I have a feeling Reach will be a tad easier on new players because of hit scan. You won't have to lead your shots as much as in Halo 3. Point and shoot, just like Halo 2. "
H3 wasn't even that it wasn't hit scan, it's that they did retarded things like add BR spread. 
honestly though, there are tons of people online who are horrible at Halo, especially after launch comes because that attracts the casual players as well as the hardcore (who are really the only ones playing after 2-3 years). You'll have fun. If you REALLY don't want to play mp, rent it.
dantheman1515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dantheman1515

Why don't you just play it with friends and have a good time. Doesn't matter if you suck. 

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Green_Incarnate
@DystopiaX: Well yeah, that too. I never really enjoyed H3 as much because of that. That's why I'm hyped for Reach. 
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword

A thought occured to me also: If Bungie is leaving and not doing this anymore, whos going to be making the Map Packs for this game in the future? 343?
sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#8  Edited By sammo21
@Raven_Sword: so you can help me rack up my KDR into the positive range.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ravensword
@sammo21:

Depends...... how much ya got? :)
CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By CharleyTony

you can play the single player mode a couple of times, alone and co-op, at different difficulties. Then you can actually play firefight with matchmaking so you dont have to wait for other people to be available. I think all that will last you longer than a simple rental. Either netflix it or buy it. ( just make sure you dont spend extra money on special edition stuff )
MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By MethodMan008
@Raven_Sword said:
" A thought occured to me also: If Bungie is leaving and not doing this anymore, whos going to be making the Map Packs for this game in the future? 343? "
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the map packs are done already. 

[not a slam against bungie, but more an observation on the state of the gaming industry as a whole]
xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By xshinobi

Playing firefight with friends would be pretty fun.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By meteora

The first day of playing Halo 3 online I got like 1:1 ratio playing against casuals, and that was my first multiplayer experience in a while (or well, like ever). It can be pretty easy.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By fjordson
@Raven_Sword said:
" A thought occured to me also: If Bungie is leaving and not doing this anymore, whos going to be making the Map Packs for this game in the future? 343? "
Bungie said at the PAX Panel that they will support Reach like they have with all of their other games.

Not sure if that means handing it off to 343 or not, but there you go.
Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Feanor

I say buy it and practice MP. Everyone sucks at one time or another, if you put an effort into getting better, you will see results.

audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By audiosnag
@Raven_Sword said:
Bungie is keeping a small team working on supporting Reach as they move forward. They haven't specified how long exactly they're supporting it but it's probably gonna be for a while. Bungie's always been really good supporting their community and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Plus with the new Forge, the community itself is gonna be coming up with some really cool stuff i have no doubt. It makes the original Forge toolset look primitive.