I thought came into my mind are Funko pops just the new Pezz dispensers

blackadder88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought came into my mind are Funko pops just the new Pezz dispensers?

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By spacemanspiff00

I've never seen anyone collecting Pezz dispensers, although I'm sure they exist; however, when I used to go to eb games quite often I saw multiple people walk in with binders of pictures containing what I imagine was their Funko filing system for what they had and what they were after. Not to mention the stacks I've seen in the back of some folks youtube videos.

Kinda hate them now but boy do I wish I invented them lol.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

People wont like my hot-take but it has to be said, Funko is just The Bradford Exchange for nerds. Just as there was one grandma in every town in every state that thought, "I should collect commemorative Wizard of Oz plates." And, there is some nerd who is making the same poor choice with a CAPTAIN AMERICA - AVENGERS ENDGAME vinyl figure.

Bradford Exchange plates are terrible collectables that will never gain value because they were/are/will be produced by the ten of million for people with 'questionable' taste in art. That same can be said for Funko Pops, or any vinyl figures, they are over produced and ugly. Hey if you like them for how they look, great - enjoy just like gandma enjoyed her Oz Cowardly Lion plate. But Funkos and commemrative plates are worthless as a collectables. So, Funko pretending their stuff is collectable is about as funny a this 1980s commecial. The...trading floor at Bradford Exchnage...yah right.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Retris

@spacemanspiff00: In the 90's Pez collecting was a big thing. It's largely the reason Pez existed. I don't remember any of my friends or any other kids actually liking Pez, the candies tasted awful and kind of like some sort of vitamin tablet, but in fact weren't healthy. The dispensers themselves were fucking ugly too and the novelty of the dispensing quickly wore off. However, even though I was a kid, I still remember some grown ups talking about Pezs like they're investments. Needless to say, none of those people ever really became rich.

However, OP is forgetting the number one comparison for Funko: Beanie Babies. I don't think more needs to be said. As much as people talk about the environmental footprint of crypto and NFTs, you've got to remember that their predecessors also were bad for the environment.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But you forgot the most important part: What if these Funko Pops could Dispense CANDY (pez)! 😲

a large pez dispenser would be cool.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

Funko Pops don't contain slightly suspect but still delicious candy pieces, which is a big negative in their box.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I like the Beanie Babies comparison better; both of those just kinda sit there while candy comes with the dispensers.

Mutabordyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mutabordyn

Funko has quite an extensive collection of toys, as they follow all the latest trends. Do most large companies do this because it increases profits? In addition to movies, I watch a lot of anime, so I understand collectibles. I recently found a store https://visualst.ca, where many different figurines and Funko Pops are sold. I used to order them from China or Japan, but the road takes too long. It is much faster to type in local stores and pay for delivery and goods with a small margin. I hope that new collections of dolls will appear soon.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

Everyone hates Funkos. Everyone thinks Funkos are a stupid waste of generic time.

Until they see it. Their Funko. The one that's just for them...