I want a "Jeff Stranding" premium show

minormorin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After watching Jeff's reactions to the new gameplay footage of Death Stranding, I really want a premium show of Jeff playing it start to finish. I feel like watching him deal with absurdity of Kojima's latest creation would be pure gold.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I'm on board with the title of this feature at the very least.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I want to play the game myself. All I want from that game is to see Jeff's bewildered and incredulous expressions to every ridiculous design decision (and probably story choices) that game has to offer.

I don't see it happening, since Jeff seems busier than ever, but I can dream.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Such a feature would extend into 2020 right? So it would affect GOTY discussions which I'm not sure I'm down for.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeffs Stranding: Jeff Gerstmann plays Death Stranding while aided and talking to an ipad set up over his shoulder, displaying Jeff Bakalar watching/providing commentary/reviewing fridges from the east coast.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

And I want Belle Delphine to feed me like Hedonism Bot, but it ain't happening

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

As I don't have a platform to play Death Stranding on, I'd watch a full play through on Giant Bomb, regardless of who is the one playing.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Either Jeff or "Drew Stranding" would be golden. that game has either a potential weirdness going on that is prime GB material. or it will be like Metal Gear Scanlon 5 where there's gonna be a lot of dead air to fill.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Drew Strandlon.
  • Bridge Shoebreaker
  • Jeff Hardmann.
  • Jason Austriastrander

All terrible ideas.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol, this would make me really hate not being premium anymore.

Avatar image for cursethesemetalhands
CurseTheseMetalHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That seems like a really good way to break Jeff, and I'm not in favor of that. Now, if they found a way to do a cross-country Jeff and Vinny thing - Death Stranding: Coast to Coast - I'd consider buying a month of Premium for that.

doombot13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the dream is to have everyone at GB peeing on the same mushroom in unison

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'd watch it if for no other reason than I'm not going to play the game but I'm curious about it.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd watch it but I have a feeling the feature would be maybe a little too grindy to be a long running weekly feature. The trick to good full playthroughs of giantbomb games is wacky character stuff, which I'm sure Death Stranding will have, but it's a matter of how frequent it is. If it's 3 hour long walking missions to get to the next goofy cutscene, that's not very interesting. I'm not sure we can ever go back to the Persona 4 Endurance Run style of having multiple entire episodes of just grinding. There's also a decent chance Death Stranding will be a very long game, so this would be a feature that would have to run for months, which also means Jeff wouldn't have seen much if any of the game by GOTY.

So basically, I'd be down if it did exist, but I'm not sure the GB crew really want to make such a feature, and they have plenty of reasons not to do it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By The_Nubster

@brackstone: A lot of the magic of the P4ER and the DPER come from both players being fully invested in the game and game world, and most of the conversation revolving around or somehow referencing the game. The grinding was fine because Jeff and Vinny were really good about cracking wise on-topic; similarly DP had enough going on at any time to keep both crews focused on the game. I couldn't pinpoint exactly when it happened, but most GB content these days outside of Quick Looks tend to become an audio podcast with an unrelated video playing underneath. I'm fine with it, but I also don't think an ER is as lucrative an idea as it used to be for this reason.

m3ds334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I’d probably re-Buy premium for that. But yeah it does seem like a really bad time for it and a lot of the first time impact will be lost as the staff talks about it over GOTY.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Jeff's made it pretty obvious he doesn't ever want to do a full playthrough of a game as content for the site

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I get the impression that Jeff would rather play Metal Gear Survive again out of spite than Death Stranding. Over the years. The Giant Bomb staff get super annoyed any time a game gets pitched to them by the community to be turned into feature.

I like the title and the premise but I don't think it is going to happen soon after the game comes out. I expect the Quick Look, maybe a UPF rebranded for the day as "U Pee on Fungus". Maybe a spoilercast down the line. The only way I see Death Stranding being a weekly feature is if GB is hard up on paid subscribers.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the game is as slow-paced as RDR2 and juggles with even more systems, I could see Jeff not even bothering to finish it on his own, let alone doing a weekly series of it.

tophar01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TechnoSyndrome: Does he not consider Garfield and Tony Hawk games, games. Cuz....

I would love to watch Jeff lose his shit at this game

The real question is, who would be his co-star since Dan isn't on the West coast anymore