I Want to Know More About These 13 Games

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

Surprised about no persona 5 guess it'll be tough for you to care about the series besides p4.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Burnout

No Caption Provided

Dear EA,

Fucking come on already.

Yours,

Jeff Gerstmann

ughhhhhhh it's been 7 years now i am dying here

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Mercenaries is pretty good. I just learned the Swedish character Mattias was voiced by Peter Stormare. Man.

gamecode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A few of these games have interesting takes on mechanics, such as Splatoon and Memory of a Broken Dimension. That uniqueness may be exactly why they're on your radar @jeff.

Unique, inspired and original games are what I am looking forward to this year, and this list gave me some idea of what to keep an eye on that I hadn't thought of before.

Thanks for the read!

graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanks for putting MOABD on there. I remember it being on UPF last year and for the life of me could not remember the name. To me, that games still looks like the it's creative director is Year Zero-era Trent Reznor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still optimistic for Mario Maker, on the physics side at least. They could still drop the ball big time on the level sharing aspect, which could potentially ruin it too.

What they've shown of the "New" set shows off wall jumping as well as Mario's clear ramp up in acceleration that's not at least noticeable in the earlier games. What they've shown of Mario 1 looks like the snappy, precise controls while the "New" set has the floatier, more deliberate movement and acceleration.

They also showed off the Mario 3 raccoon tail at the end of the games award trailer, and besides the absence of the P-Meter (chuckle) on the UI, it looked to work exactly like the original game. I imagine if they were using the different physics from the "New" games, that wouldn't have looked as smooth as it did, even if they did touch up the physics.

I could be dead wrong, but I hope I'm not. Having hundreds of Mario levels at my fingertips with ideas stretching across the generations of games is exciting. I've just gotta keep my hype in check.

Also? Yes. More Tony Hawk now please. It's been long enough to make a sequel that harkens back to the roots.

sushisteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeff Completely agreed on Mercenaries. 2 just wasn't the same. This and Bad Company 3 are my "c'mon EA! franchises.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burnout 3 takedown 2?? Yes please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@phatmac said:

Surprised about no persona 5 guess it'll be tough for you to care about the series besides p4.

Persona 5 doesn't have Chie.

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Splatoon's controls. I love what I've seen of that game, but the controls are the sort of thing that you can't gauge based on video. That could easily be my game of this year, although I hope Star Fox beats the odds and does right by that N64 game.

I would also be pretty happy to see a Burnout sequel. I don't have anything to play it on, but love finds a way. I have friends.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

@phatmac said:

Persona 5 doesn't have Chie.

These are facts

kezzthefall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great read. Thanks, Jeff!

lachrymoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad to see Marvel Heroes 2016 is not on this list.

Avatar image for scottygrayskull
scottygrayskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thank you for reminding me (in a nice, organized list) about a bunch of games I'd mostly forgotten about but am definitely interested in. Yay Jeff! :)

AndrewPerkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear Jeff Gerstmann,

Please write more.

Yours,

Andrew Perkins

duke_of_the_bump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst thing about there not being a Shadow Complex sequel is that there's not even a way to play it in its original form after you complete it. Your progress is permanently tied to your Live account. I recently re-downloaded it to try to play again for the first time since 2009 and the map is still filled in. And man, like, what's the point? It's kind of depressing.

tsang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

SK4TE

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I like written content a lot. Still.

Personally, I can't wait to see the next Tomb Raider and whatever the hell the new Halo 5 campaign will look like.

And somehow, someway, I want to more about Warframe again (which is updating as I type this!)

skynetiscoming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, more Mercenaries! I also hope you and/or Dan decide to do some video stuff with it, as I remember you mentioning the idea on a Bombcast back in December.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

Surprised Persona 5 isn't on the list.

Because Jeff already said he doesn't care about any new Persona games. He just wants more of the Persona 4 cast.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with Jeff here - I've been waiting for a proper Mercs and Burnout sequel.

I kind of want a new THPS game, but I would settle for a non-fucked HD remaster of the first 3 games with a park editor/creator. Also, make it on PC so I can play my own music in the background. I've got plenty of bad 90's pop-punk and ska on my machine to make it work.

I wouldn't mind more music games, specifically those that are guitar-based. I really loved the first two Guitar Heros, and wouldn't mind seeing those again but with more tracks and possibly the ability to play custom tracks. Once again, I've got plenty of music on my PC ready to go!

Since "Sierra" is back, I'd love to see some more SWAT or Police Quest games. I loved those as a kid.

Come to think of it, I would like an old-school Rainbow Six as well. Something that hits that tactical simulation stuff but isn't so janky or batshit crazy like ARMA is. If they do that right, that would be huge!

freedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

See, this is what I'm talking about. So many, "here's what we're looking forward to for 20XX" lists feel souls and by the numbers. No opinions, just "well, it was at E3 and that's cool." I wanna read about what writer's are actually looking forward to and why. It helps me figure out what is actually coming out besides the normal shit and makes for a good read. Also, MEMORIES OF A BROKEN DIMENSION looks hot.

Cammy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cool having Jeff writing some stuff again, hopefully we'll see more articles from the guys in the absence of Patrick.

stealydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to Steam to wishlist MOBD and had to buy Van Helsing II on sale. God I hate/love Steam.

kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who shares Jeff's idea that Burnout Paradise was the best game of previous generation I'd pay heavy coin for the next Burnout game. Jesus gaaaahhh...

misterfaulkner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome to read a Jeff article. RB4 ftw.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@phatmac: I am kind of stunned at the lack of talk about Persona 5 for 2015. It is easily my most anticipated game this year, even if I know nothing about it. Are people genuinely not interested or is everyone expecting a delay to 2016?

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By kasaioni

Yeah seriously though, what happened to Skate? That's probably the one new Skating game I might consider buying.

PoorTommy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82  Edited By PoorTommy

Yes, Jeff, we all know how much you look like Kevin Meaney in that picture. Do you have to bring it up all the time? You're like a crazy person!

Lyfeforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Memory of a Broken Dimension.... oh wow did that video just figuratively punch me in the face.

jackburtonme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks, Jeff! Personally, I am really interested to see some Hyper Light Drifter, too.

bigwinnerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DOTT FTW

NoneSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome, more Jeff articles please!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@white said:

@turambar said:

Surprised Persona 5 isn't on the list.

Because Jeff already said he doesn't care about any new Persona games. He just wants more of the Persona 4 cast.

Yeah, but that's boring. It's time for some new high school demon fighting shenanigans .

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Burnout

Dear EA,

Fucking come on already.

Yours,

Jeff Gerstmann"

MY MAN.

loki_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great article Jeff. I Always like to read your articles.

Fallout 4, Uncharted 4, Witcher 3 and persona 5 are what I'm most looking for in 2015.

danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_navster: I think it's just a factor of there being so little info and thus nothing much to discuss. Like at the Playstation Experience last month they stuck the logo on screen for a second and like, that was it.

mattgriffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought that Rock Band DLC got delisted? I hope I was wrong.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Burnout hell yes! I would gladly play a Burnout 3 takedown hd port in the meantime. You guys should play Mercenaries 1 on UPF or something. Mercenaries 2 is garbage. I'm stoked SMB3 is in mario maker but i'm also concerned how it comes together in the end. The first Crackdown was so good, I got all those agility orbs.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@danm_999: True enough, but c'mon! Persona freakin' 5!

SharkMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i agree with all of this

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By selbie

MOABD and Super Hot are my top anticipated games too.

You can follow the MOABD dev on twitter @XRA

He also happens to post some really interesting general games dev stuff too and new Indie stuff he is following like Printed Mars

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kasaioni

I totally forgot about Memory of a Broken Dimension. I can't decide if I'd like to look at it for long periods of time or not though.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Still baffled by people that say Saints Row IV plays anywhere near as good as Crackdown. It just doesn't. There are more options but the feel isn't the same and many mechanics (driving, shooting, jumping) are just not as satisfying.

It plays much more like Protoype and I don't think it's as good as that game either.

Crackdown is very unique. From it's gameplay down to its open structure, probably it's most underrated aspect that has only really been duplicated some by Shadow of Mordor.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The last Burnout game came out at the BEGINNING of the last console cycle. It prominently featured the Xbox Live Vision Camera! WHY HAS THOU FORSAKEN US BURNOUT?

I know it would be a new team and basically an entire different take on the game, but IT'S WORTH A SHOT. Call it Need for Speed: Burnout if you have to, I don't give a shit. JUST MAKE ANOTHER BURNOUT.

CrimsonJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks Jeff, great article!