I Wish Perfect Dark Were Coming Out Two Months Later. Am I Crazy?

Emmenite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Emmenite

As a massive Perfect Dark fan, I cannot wait to play the updated version of Perfect Dark on my XBOX 360 (even if the Nintendo fanboy in me thinks that the game still only belongs on the N64  ). Currently, the came is slated for release in March, and I am anticipating the launch day as much as anyone. Still, something is bothering me. The remake's current March release is only two months away from May 22, the ten-year anniversary of its original Nintendo 64 release, so why won't they just release it for the anniversary? 

I feel crazy for saying this, but I would easily be willing to wait an extra two months to play the game just for the sake of having the novelty of the remake being released as a special "Ten Year Anniversary Edition". It just seems like such a perfect way to celebrate the release of what was, in my opinion, the best game that Rare ever made. Besides, there would be something special, if not magical, about the idea that I would be downloading the Perfect Dark port on the very day, ten years later, that little eight-year-old Emmenite was standing in line at Target to buy the game that would later become his second favorite videogame of all time. 

Does anyone else agree with these sentiments, or am I just a crazy old man who is overly-obsessed with tradition?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64
@Emmenite:  I think you are a crazy old man who is overly-obsessed with tradition.  As long as the game comes out of the year of the anniversary, that should be good enough, well, good enough for me that is.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Microsoft ≠ Nintendo.

Maybe just demand.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By KowalskiManDown

So you're super excited about a game... but you want it to be delayed? Wow, now I've heard everything.