Idea Thread

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi bombers,

I've been a lurker on GB for almost 2 years now. I love the site, I support it as a premium member, I respect that GB has evolved over time and all I want is to sustain the loveliness of this community. So, this thread, I hope, will become a thread for ideas, ripe for the picking by the GB staff.

Here are a couple of mine! Please share your own.

• Keep chat open after UPF and run an older stream.
  • Video podcast... real talk. Less video games, more retrospective stuff.
  • More synergy between east / west coast. I'd love a weekly or monthly stream where all the guys get together and do something fun.

Oh, I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud. What do you think?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

It'd definitely be nice to get more interaction between East and West. They've spoken to podcasting for them being best when it's people in a room together, but anything that'll get some discussions between both groups going would probably be interesting regardless.

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALSO DUKE NUKEM 3D GBE PLAYDATE

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bburch87 said:
  • Video podcast... real talk. Less video games, more retrospective stuff.

I honestly hate the current trend that video game sites are slowly moving away from video games and covering other topics. I don't go to video game sites to get their hot takes on the latest Walking Dead or Game of Thrones episodes. Giant Bomb dabbles just enough with non-video game topics already and I don't want even less than there already is.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want more bi-coastal QLs, grudge matches, ect.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Years ago, Vinny's Sandbox was an idea I had.

Where he'd just be let loose on an open-world game, say an hour of Red Faction: Guerilla with everything unlocked. As he was playing Sleeping Dogs and Max was still brand new, seemed like Sandbox was a good word. And it would involve Vinny, which is where the other word came from, I dunno!

I want more bi-coastal QLs, grudge matches, ect.

Yep, my hip term for these being Civil War.

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: You're definitely not wrong. What is the current mod staff like? What is the process like for community moderator applications? I don't want a 24/7 GB channel for sure. That feels a bit too automated and stale. I want an archived stream immediately post UPF to carry the torch. A golden oldie. Something to rally around. GB has such a beautiful archive of content that not utilizing it seems a travesty. Of course, you have to remember that most of the staff has been around since the beginning and don't necessarily reflect upon these moments similarly. Bah, who knows.

@csl316 I love the idea, but my worry is that Vinny has become a bit tired of his reputation as "fucker up of limitations". He'll always be a goofball, but he's adapted quite well to the moderator role on the Beastcast. Also, Project BEAST is essentially him in a sandbox.

I believe the power of GB comes in numbers. Vinny streaming Fallout... eh... but Vinny streaming Fallout with Austin and Alex? That's a stream. We don't subscribe to GB for solo streams. We subscribe to GB for those beautiful interactions between veterans of the industry.

Also, Flight Club... should be a thing again. Drew should be the only permitted solo streamer.

Also x2, Jason is fucking amazing. He has vigor and spunk, despite the drain of children and life. Godspeed Jason, I love you.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@bburch87: Beastcast moderator? Vinny and Bakalar rip that thing to shreds every week, sometimes to the point where they're talking over Alex and Austing to a frustrating degree. The episode where Austin was trying to talk about the iOS/physical book crossover game and Vinny and Bakalar kept cracking jokes springs to mind. There's not quite enough form to the Beastcast for it to be enjoyable week-to-week, it's such a scattershot.

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ppx89zbn

@the_nubster: Nonono... just general chat moderator. I appreciate that everyone has their qualms. But I think with a sizable staff of chat moderators, we could definitely have our own little GB oasis.

ppx89zbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_nubster: Sorry, I misunderstood. Despite what jokes he might crack, Vinny does steer the ship, does he not?

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@bburch87: Technically yes, but he gets lost in his own jokes and role-plays, and then it's just kind of a free-for-all for several minutes at a time.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hans_maulwurf

I want a film&40s endurance run of jeff watching all 38 seasons of the crash timetv show

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, Jeff's been talking about doing video podcasts for a while now. Last I heard was they were setting up the podcast room with Luchadeer and stuff to make it look like a set. But there hasn't been any communicated progress on that front in a while now, as far as I can remember.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Ranking of Fighters comeback
-Old Games Show comeback
That's all I got.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genuinely curious, why do people want video of the podcast?

It'd take way more effort to produce/edit etc, the amount of data served to the user goes from like ~100mb to multiple GBs.

I just don't really see the appeal of watching them sit in a room and talk as opposed to just listening to that while doing other things. Think of all the ways you could spend that time! Learn to draw! They say it takes 10,000 hours of proper practice to really master something. That's, what, about six or seven bombcasts?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By glots

I'd at least like something as stupid as the rollycoastey from last year(?) to happen again. Maybe over at that Mass Effect Ride place, like someone suggested.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew Scanlon vs Danny O'Dwyer 24 hour Le Mans.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tacos for all premium users, and Timelines on game wikis.