ID@Xbox Game Pass Live Stream and State of Play Predictions Thread

basicallilexi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do we think will be shown at each? / What do you hope will be shown at each?

I think this could be an important inflection point. Sony could be looking to be draw a line in the sand and use this as a 'we're ditching E3, Gamescom, conventions on the whole and going the Nintendo route and playing by our our marketing rules from now on', basically saying they'll announce and show things as they're ready, including their next gen systems and won't be rushed to put something out just to compete. While for Mircosoft I feel an indie event is a pretty clear indication of what they plan their E3 to be; a lot of talking about the future, hardware and AAA games (which may not be ready to be shown yet).

Also, man, it never stops being funny that Nintendo was so far ahead of the curve when it came to communicating with its fans that we spent most of our time in the yearly days mocking Directs (and still do now).

PS I love that we now have all three major players doing these streams purely to see more people over hyping themselves and being let down over stuff that was never going to happen, usually we only get to see it once or twice a year, now people will be predicting a new Tenchu or Vanquish 2 every second week.