If you could take one gaming cliche...

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ghostin

If you could take one cliche in games - setting, gameplay, story (or anything else) - and switch it for something completely new what would it be and why?

Personally I would take all quicktime events and switch them for musical numbers from singstar/lips.  The better you sing the more proficient the event appears.

Need to run down ropes and chop up fools in Heavenly Sword, what better way than to Live and Let Die... Diffusing a bomb? Madonna and JT have a song for the occasion.

That entire set piece escape in Heavy Rain (the bit in the killers house) controlled by how you sing bohemian rhapsody... or everytime you have to fight a big dude in Too Human you have to sing Abba's Waterloo or somethin'.

Those fights in PoP? Totally controlled by Chris Brown.

So, if anything was possible... how would you change the gaming landscape?

rexualhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rexualhealing

The games this console generation aren't so bad about it, but in prior generations... games with too much forced 'tude and edginess. Forced badassery, like, you know,  "this character is a badass because he uses swear words, wears black, and listens to nu-metal" stuff. Things kind of died down on that front after Shadow the Hedgehog and that one Prince of Persia with the buttrock Godsmack soundtrack came out (that, or I stopped paying attention to those sorts of things), but I mean, sheez, that whole thing got old after awhile, I'm glad we've sort of moved on from that sort of thing. I wish the kids that hang out at the local mall would move on from that sort of thing too.

Off topic: there needs to be a West Side Story game made up of QTEs.