Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By landon
@ryanwho said:
" @Landon said:
" A. The Room B. Ico   DUUERRP, WIZ ONE IS DA ARTY ONE?!!???11///!?! "
Showed him. That's exactly like what he did. This is intelligent and not at all fool passion completely devoid of context. He says compare Huck Finn to any game and you pick the best worst movie and compare it to a slog of an art game and follow up with some swell all caps internet speak to really drill it home. "Take us seriously" is what I get from this. "
Well, ya know, fight fire with marshmallows is what I always say.
RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#152  Edited By RobotHamster
@ryanwho: Well I never bashed on reading or books in anyway did I genius so I don't how you came with the conclusion I never read a book in class because guess what, I did read.  And your shit about "gamer cred" and hating on Brad is bullshit you pulled out of your ass to make yourself feel like a smart ass and feel like he knows what he's talking about.  I have nothing against books or reading and actually enjoy it while this guy has to go on this huge rant about video games saying things all over the place which is just stupid.  Brilliant stuff.
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#153  Edited By Bones8677

That survey is baffling. Baffling I say! 

Speaking of being Baffled!

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#154  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I voted vidjya games beause Huck Finn is plodding and offensively written. Not racially offensive, but it's a sad excuse for "good" writing. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#155  Edited By jakob187
@Landon said:
" @jakob187 said:
" Also, I would vote Huck Finn.  Sorry, folks...but no video game is better than Huck Finn. "
What does that even mean? "
It means that if someone put a video game...even Vagrant Story (my favorite game of all time)...and Huck Finn in front of me, and they said "choose"... 

...I would pick Huck Finn.  That book is fucking phenomenal, and Mark Twain in general was a literary genius.
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By fuzzyponken

I don't understand the survey. Is he asking me whether I'd rather read Huckleberry Finn or play a great video game? Is he asking which is objectively better? Is he asking me which I'd rather delete from existence?  
The question makes no sense. 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@ryanwho said:
" @clubsammich: He's played games live on TV. Youtube it. Presuming something without doing any kind of fact checking, hmm there's a word for that. Pom...pie? No. Pampo? No. Oh its on the tip of my tongue, Bill Hicks would know... "
His point is weak but the issue stands.  Playing games on TV doesn't make Ebert qualified to be a games journalist, just as if Jeff Gerstmann watched a movie his opinion of said movie wouldn't be held in the same standing as Ebert's.  Ebert's comparison is weak and invalid.