Im conflicted between my two HD consoles.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By ravensword

Ok, so like lots of people, i own both a PS3 and a 360. But over the past year, ive been finding myself falling into fanboy trappings between the two. Let me explain what i mean. I like gaming very much on my 360, but im very worried it going to max out soon, atleast sooner than the PS3, and therefore itll become a obsolete console and potentialy not as a good console. Because I like my consoles to not max out and keep advancing meaningfully graphically till the day they are cycled out for the new generation of consoles. It just puts me off to them.

So, because of this, ive been maybe feeling more attached to my PS3, since it gives me more Graphical future confidence and comfort about its future as apposed to the 360, which Im starting to fell could stop evolving graphically any time now. and it being older tech dosent help with my discomfort. Plus, alot of the PS elitism going around isnt helping either. maybe thats starting to rub off on me.

Also, the fact that I couldnt potentially play my 360 years from now without it more than likely breaking once I plug it back in dosent help matters either. Atleast with PS3, 4 years from now, itll most likely work like it does now.

and i actually maybe like buying my multiplats for the most part on 360 more, because their still usually the better version to get, even if its by a small difference.

But I do love my PS3 also, for its Exclusives and the multipaltform games that do end up better on it. And honestly, I dont know why, but I feel I cant like the two consoles the same, like I need to pick a preference and still like the other. And maybe part of me would like to do most my gaming on one console, to eliminate any Multiplatform version purchasing headaches.

This is very strange, because last gen, i loved my PS2 and XBOX about equally. and played both and loved both about the same. I had my XBOX for Multiplatform, and my PS2 for its killer Exclusives. and thats how I dished it out.

Maybe all this time on games message boards and reading these contant "PS3 sucks" "360 blows" "PS3 vs 360" threads on message boards I go on has screwed with my Phychie. I never worried about this stuff before this gen, I just played the games.

I also cared way more about which version was better than about what syestem it was on.

Maybe its some kind of weird pride thing. that you own the most powerful syestem of the bunch, therefore the others cannot obviously be as good since your able to produce better graphics on the one console.

i dont know whats happened to me, and I really dont like it. and im not sure how to fix it. Im jsut very worried that if I invest too much in the 360, itll be maxed out and outdated and die off soon compared to PS3 and ill regret it.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ravensword

Ok, so like lots of people, i own both a PS3 and a 360. But over the past year, ive been finding myself falling into fanboy trappings between the two. Let me explain what i mean. I like gaming very much on my 360, but im very worried it going to max out soon, atleast sooner than the PS3, and therefore itll become a obsolete console and potentialy not as a good console. Because I like my consoles to not max out and keep advancing meaningfully graphically till the day they are cycled out for the new generation of consoles. It just puts me off to them.

So, because of this, ive been maybe feeling more attached to my PS3, since it gives me more Graphical future confidence and comfort about its future as apposed to the 360, which Im starting to fell could stop evolving graphically any time now. and it being older tech dosent help with my discomfort. Plus, alot of the PS elitism going around isnt helping either. maybe thats starting to rub off on me.

Also, the fact that I couldnt potentially play my 360 years from now without it more than likely breaking once I plug it back in dosent help matters either. Atleast with PS3, 4 years from now, itll most likely work like it does now.

and i actually maybe like buying my multiplats for the most part on 360 more, because their still usually the better version to get, even if its by a small difference.

But I do love my PS3 also, for its Exclusives and the multipaltform games that do end up better on it. And honestly, I dont know why, but I feel I cant like the two consoles the same, like I need to pick a preference and still like the other. And maybe part of me would like to do most my gaming on one console, to eliminate any Multiplatform version purchasing headaches.

This is very strange, because last gen, i loved my PS2 and XBOX about equally. and played both and loved both about the same. I had my XBOX for Multiplatform, and my PS2 for its killer Exclusives. and thats how I dished it out.

Maybe all this time on games message boards and reading these contant "PS3 sucks" "360 blows" "PS3 vs 360" threads on message boards I go on has screwed with my Phychie. I never worried about this stuff before this gen, I just played the games.

I also cared way more about which version was better than about what syestem it was on.

Maybe its some kind of weird pride thing. that you own the most powerful syestem of the bunch, therefore the others cannot obviously be as good since your able to produce better graphics on the one console.

i dont know whats happened to me, and I really dont like it. and im not sure how to fix it. Im jsut very worried that if I invest too much in the 360, itll be maxed out and outdated and die off soon compared to PS3 and ill regret it.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By PerryVandell

You don't need to worry man, the 360 isn't going anywhere soon. As for it not breaking, that's a little tougher to reassure you on since mine got the red ring last week and I'm not getting it back before the reach beta. Also for the 360 rememeber: Xbox Live

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

You have 20 threads linked to the lens of truth.   We already knew you were a graphics whore.

nobull6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By nobull6

Holy crap I can't read that because of all the spelling errors.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

Even if the 360 is already maxed out as you say, it's had a good life. It's lasted longer than the original Xbox and was undoubtedly the leader of this generation. Well, that might change, but only if these current consoles are expanded into 2015 which is highly unlikely.  

The 360 had a good run, and since the PS3 has more graphical power, games may start to look better. We've only seen 2 games really stand out this generation (Uncharted 2, God of War 3) so who is to say what is to come. You also have to note the very large budgets those games had.  

But with that said, developers will still continue to develop for the 360, and why? Because the vast majority of the time the 360 version of games sell more. And in a sense, this is what is holding the PS3 back. There will never be a diverse change in graphics in the same game between the two systems because of the 360. But why should that be a bad thing? 360 games can look stunning. Just look at Alan Wake and Lost Odyssey. It shouldn't be about which one looks the stunning-est, just the fact that they are stunning. And a lot of the time I find that that doesn't even matter, as long as it plays good. 

Personally, I find that I barely play my PS3 and a huge reason for that is achievements. It makes me get every multi plat game on the 360 (Why not if they're the same game right?) and there honestly just aren't many PS3 exclusives I'm interested in. I played Heavy Rain, GOW3, Uncharted 2, you know all those big hitters, and I find that the best game the system has to offer to me is Demon's Souls. Whereas I can go into my Blockbuster and find really awesome old 360 games for so cheap, be it RPGs or driving or whatever. No where can I find a good selection of cheap PS3 games. 

But as the times go on I suppose that I will get to play my PS3 more... that is, if they don't unveil a new console in the next year or so. At which point I will call the PS3, in my opinion, a bad purchase. But that's only if they announce the next gen in the next year or so. 

EDIT: If you're wondering why I even have a PS3, I bought into the hype before MGS4 came out and thought it would be worth it but looking back, it really wasn't worth getting a PS3 for one game. Although I do love MGS4 it wasn't worth that much money to be able to play it.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By PufferFiz

Want to fuck yourself even more? Buy a PC :D

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ravensword
@nobull6:

I counted only like 5 errors. WTF are you on about?
Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Stray

I was a lot more conflicted until my 6th 360 broke. Now that I'm on 7, I just use it for exclusives for fear it will explode like the rest. I've switched to my ps3 as my main gaming console.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By KaosAngel

Why did you just copypasta the same damn thread from System Wars?

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sopranosfan
I used to drastically favor my 360 now I drastically favor my PS3.  I don't consider myself a fanboy because I don't worship Sony and claim they do no wrong I just prefer 1 console over the other as I am sure most people do if they were honest.  A fanboy is somebody that thinks their console is perfect and everybody else's console sucks.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ravensword
@KaosAngel:

to get different views from different people, why? is it a big deal to you or something?
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Trust me, your a ps3 fanboy, don't deny it. I can see right through you and I remembered your old post, there is no conflict because you like the ps3 more.

Look if you are worried about graphics, maybe start gaming on a pc, the hardware keeps changing, it's not static and you can get 1080p games with perfect textures and full anti aliasing, yet of course it's not cheap. However if you want more out of graphics, that's an option at least. If you think it looks the same as consoles graphically except with higher resolution, I can dispute that claim with screenshots, I even have an entire thread dedicated to it.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
@HitmanAgent47:

You dont know shit about me, so please dont act like you do. I also remember you saying one time you wanted nothing to do with me anymore, and yet here you are calling me stuff and trolling in my thread. so, looks like you went back on what you said.