Inconsistencies in videogames need to be addressed...

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jay444111

You know, the wierd ones, the plot ones, and the gameplay ones. You know, the type of thing that if a game based on realism is supposed to have that they totally didn't think about. (driving in GTA4 comes to mind. what? just saying. That is NOWHERE near realistic.)

The wierd ones like in Dead space 2, where flamethrowers... somehow work in space. don't ask me, ask the testers! it's kinda obvious that the testers never used the weapon for being pretty useless. so I guess viceral accidently didn't notice this, I can forgive this one inconsistency however for the fact that the rest of the game doesn't have any to speak of.

or plot ones like FF7 (you know the one.) or the final 3/4 of star ocean 3, (My God... it's full of WTF.)

To the gameplay inconsistencies like that of being able to dual wield ANY weapon and being unholy accurate with it. to sniper rifles not going by the wind at all (only the COD4 sniper mission and Battlefield were able to get this somewhat right.)

Now, some of these I can forgive like the dead space 2 one, but some of them like Star Ocean 3's mega wierd plot twist. (one of which made me stop playing it altogether.) I cannot forgive.

Many of these can be fixed just by getting more people to test the videogame, while others is just by getting either a proof reader or some extra writers. pretty simple actually. I just think that more videogame companies should own up to some of these and address them by either improving it or fixing it.

What inconsistencies have you found in a videogame that could've been fixed easily.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Flame thrower does not work in no air zones in Dead Space 2. I know cause I just re played it. Fully upgraded flame thrower is awesome. 

And you only named ONE gameplay. The other was story. 

And "Fixed Easily" Do you think re coding a entire game. Making new art. Designs and all that is " easy" 

And what is with the spacing when you type. Stop that. Its annoying to read. 
kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By kingzetta

Way to have outrage about a ps2 game.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Jay444111 said:
" or plot ones like FF7 (you know the one.)"
No, I don't. I have no idea what you're talking about.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By wrighteous86
@Jay444111: How many pseudo-intellectual threads are you planning on starting today?
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BraveToaster

The accuracy for dual wielding is significantly low because you're not aiming down sights. Recoil plays a part in it as well; of course it's inaccurate when you're using one hand to stabilize your aim. None of these are inconsistencies.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod

No offense, but the way you format your posts makes me think you're one of those spam bots.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse

learn to format your post better

Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Badhands

I don't really play games to get a 100% realistic experience.... I get that when I do things like hang out with friends, and you thinks like experience life. Even if a game claims to be realistic but strays away, I don't care to much because it probably makes the game better.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

You know what, some of these inconsistencies make for better games. I'd rather enjoy a game than give a shit about a flamethrower working in space or if my sniper fire is being carried ever so slightly by the breeze.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mike76x

How about the inaccuracy in CoD: Black Ops that US marines will frequently run face first into walls and columns, then continue to hopelessly try and run though those objects.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

Fun > realism is what I always say.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jay444111

@Video_Game_King:

The inconsistency is that pheonix downs don't work on the one person that dies in their party.

Also, to the other guy, being able to recode the flamethrower to not work in non-air spaces would take some time, but I could see the secondary working fine in the vacuum of space though. but the flame from it? nope. not at all really, they should've had it either waste ammo or just have something pop up on the gun that says that it cannot be used in the enviroment.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Jay444111 said:
"

@Video_Game_King:

The inconsistency is that pheonix downs don't work on the one person that dies in their party.

Also, to the other guy, being able to recode the flamethrower to not work in non-air spaces would take some time, but I could see the secondary working fine in the vacuum of space though. but the flame from it? nope. not at all really, they should've had it either waste ammo or just have something pop up on the gun that says that it cannot be used in the enviroment.

"
You have no clue how long it would take to re work all that. So more testers would not work. 

And FF7 when she dies ( i assume thats what you mean) Thats there for the story. So that does not count at all. And in battle they are not "dead' they are knocked out. Learn you FF stuff before you bitch about the workings of it. 
McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By McGhee

Except that the driving in GTA4 was the most realistic they've ever done. It had real physics and all the cars had their own weight/suspensions/speeds.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Afroman269
for a second there, i thought that was a spam bot
AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AlmostApollo

What in the world could possibly be more annoying than missing sniper shots because the wind made the bullet go somewhere different than where you aiming? What would you even need for that to work? A golf game-style wind meter in the corner of the HUD?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Skald

You need to post less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wrighteous86 said:
" @Jay444111: How many pseudo-intellectual threads are you planning on starting today? "
Usually people who use the term 'pseudo-intellectual' aren't all the smart to begin with, just saying.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wrighteous86
@EveretteScott: Using a word means I'm probably not smart? Okay, guy. It was perfectly appropriate for the statement I was making.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Jay444111 said:
"

@Video_Game_King:

"
If I remember correctly, it's because Sephiroth used the Masamune, which makes you so dead that you can't be revived. That's why the first guy Sephiroth kills remains dead. Let me go back this up with the Final Fantasy Wikia. *does so* I can't find anything either way.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Jay444111 said:
"

@Video_Game_King:

"
If I remember correctly, it's because Sephiroth used the Masamune, which makes you so dead that you can't be revived. That's why the first guy Sephiroth kills remains dead. Let me go back this up with the Final Fantasy Wikia. *does so* I can't find anything either way. "
Down brings you back from being knocked out in the FF7 universe. Not death. 
Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mike76x
@AlmostApollo said:
" What in the world could possibly be more annoying than missing sniper shots because the wind made the bullet go somewhere different than where you aiming? What would you even need for that to work? A golf game-style wind meter in the corner of the HUD? "
I hate snipers, so anything that make their lives hard is okay with me.
BC2 had it right though, if you were far away you had to aim over the target and let the bullet drop.
The most fun I had in that game were the super long distance one on one sniper duels.
Two guys standing face to face a half-mile away each shot getting closer...of course that was before they nerfed the snipers and you couldn't kill anything with one bullet.
1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By 1337W422102

In the underwater levels of Super Mario Bros., Mario and Luigi are way too calm when they're walking underwater.  Someone walking underwater would be nowhere near that calm.  They would probably have an accelerated heart rate and they would begin to panic.  Furthermore, they can hold their breath unrealistically long, even without a super mushroom.  The testers should not have missed this.

In Tetris, when I clear a line, quarters of other blocks remain suspended in the air.  This is not realistic.  How could Russian testers overlook this?

In Duke Nukem 3D, drinking water gives you health.  This is unrealistic.  In Episode 2, Duke is shot by Enforcers who wield arm-mounted miniguns.  Such a devastating barrage of firepower (not to be confused with the Devastator Weapon, however) would inflict multiple wounds which a simple drink of water could not possibly heal, disinfect, or close.  Testers should have corrected this.

The Prince of Persia games are unrealistic because of their lack of historical accuracy.  Did the testers ever look up whether or not a time-travelling prince ever existed?

GTA III's prostitutes are unrealistic.  Cars do not bounce that way when people are sitting in them and there is no sound that plays when a prostitute is in your car.  Furthermore, the prostitutes grant the protagonist a health bonus, but in real life, he would just feel empty and not rejuvenated.  He also does not cry afterwards.  The testers should have done more research or asked me.

RapeLay is unrealistic because the testers failed to--  Alright, I'm through.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead

Realism and context are two different things. Stop confusing them.

AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlmostApollo

I really wonder if you have any idea how many people actually test these games. For the most part, a few more testers would be just a drop in the bucket.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#27  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

There's a reason video games are 'video game-y'. Have you ever seen a real person get shot with a real bullet? 

Also, FUN!
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#28  Edited By LordAndrew
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Jay444111 said:
"

@Video_Game_King:

"
If I remember correctly, it's because Sephiroth used the Masamune, which makes you so dead that you can't be revived. That's why the first guy Sephiroth kills remains dead. Let me go back this up with the Final Fantasy Wikia. *does so* I can't find anything either way. "
"Sephiroth's sword Masamune was so powerful that anything it killed remained dead. Also, it could impregnate women."
Excuse me, I have a fan fiction to write.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Wrighteous86:  Like you were stating something, as was I. I've mostly come across people that use that term that are either idiots or jealous of other people, etc. That's why I said "just saying". I didn't really mean it as an attack on you.
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By wrighteous86
@EveretteScott: I get what you're saying, that it's often used by people who don't really know what it means to attack those smarter than they are, but I was using it to say that the OP is trying to sound much smarter than he is, since his recent threads are all philosophical questions that aren't well thought out and have pretty obvious answers.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Why would Battlefield, Call of Duty, and GTA sacrafice fun for the sake of being realistic?  I think you should find a new hobby.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King
@LordAndrew:

"And after minutes of dread and anticipation, Cloud watched as the pregnancy test came out positive."
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Yanngc33

Who... cares? As long as the game is good than the devs can make me believe anything

Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike76x said:
...of course that was before they nerfed the snipers and you couldn't kill anything with one bullet. "
That has not happened?
Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By Leafhopper

The statement "Its still a video game" is comes to mind.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mike76x
@drag said:
" @Mike76x said:
...of course that was before they nerfed the snipers and you couldn't kill anything with one bullet. "
That has not happened? "
Last time I played BC2 I literally couldn't kill someone with any of the sniper rifles from across a street with less than 2-3 shots.
I know this because I was working on my Specact sniper achievement, and I tried all my guns to see what was wrong, and only snipers were underpowered.
This was back in June of last year, so I have no idea what it's like now.
Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mike76x: Snipers are the same as they ever were, bolt-actions 1 bodyshot for kill up close and 1 headshot for kill at range on regular. Not saying you didn't have that problem but it was not because any stats had been changed beyond the occasional tweak such as the M95's one hit kill range being extended a bit. 
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By craigbo180

Never play dead rising, it will drive you nuts.

KingLouis51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#39  Edited By KingLouis51

The final 2 hours of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy are absolutely fucking bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. It's perhaps the greatest story in a video game ever for about six hours and then BLAM. out of nowhere, it fucks it all up. Shame. Still an amazing and memorable game, though.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By IBurningStar

I agree. CoD is totally not realistic. You should only be able to take one shot and then you either die or become wounded. If you die then the game ends and you can never play it again. If you are wounded then you get to speed the next couple of days/weeks in the infirmary.

Also, if Aeris didn't die then there is a good chance that Holy wouldn't have stopped Meteor.

Magma_Pear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Magma_Pear

I was going to respond to the OP but being new here, I'd rather just say I hope all the people on this site don't suck as much the comments on here indicate.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#42  Edited By LordAndrew
@Magma_Pear said:
" I was going to respond to the OP but being new here, I'd rather just say I hope all the people on this site don't suck as much the comments on here indicate. "
Sorry, most of us do such as much as we let on.
Magma_Pear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Magma_Pear
@LordAndrew said:
"

@Magma_Pear said:
"

I was going to respond to the OP but being new here, I'd rather just say I hope all the people on this site don't suck as much the comments on here indicate.

"
Sorry, most of us do such as much as we let on.

"

Sometimes honesty is not the best policy. LOL

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By TheHBK

I hate how a game comes and I can't play it sometimes.  Like I buy BLOPS right?  And I get the one withe PS3 cover cuz I like the smaller boxes and black border better than the Xbox ones.  And so when I go home to play, everything is cool.  I am playing on my PS3 in my bedroom, then I feel like playing on a bigger screen so I take the disc and put it into the xbox connected to the big screen but nothing! Won't play.  What the fuck man?  I mean, is it too much to ask for that the game play on both TVs?  Do some games not support bigger screens or something?  I could play Halo Reach fine on the big screen, but then it won't play on the smaller screen in my bedroom. What gives?  Consistency people, please get sum.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mike76x
@drag said:
" @Mike76x: Snipers are the same as they ever were, bolt-actions 1 bodyshot for kill up close and 1 headshot for kill at range on regular. Not saying you didn't have that problem but it was not because any stats had been changed beyond the occasional tweak such as the M95's one hit kill range being extended a bit.  "
Well it was only one day, but I got rid of the game after that.
I'm gonna feel kinda stupid if I get it again and it turns out that was a one time thing.