Hello fellow duders! I've built a brand new Android app for Giant Bomb called Video Bomb. It's completely free + no ads and has feature parity with the other clients (streaming and offline video, Chromecast support, video search, etc.).
Some feature highlights + why you should consider using it over other apps:
- Design: Fully material + uses plenty of animations (check out the screenshots).
- Video Progress API: Uses the new video progress API to sync your progress so you can continue watching on giantbomb.com by going to Videos > Continue Watching. It works even if you're offline then come back online.
- Video preview when scrubbing through videos.
- Preview video size before downloading.
- Improved download manager which allows pausing + resuming downloads.
- Uses ExoPlayer, which is the player that powers Youtube on Android.
- Built with the latest Android APIs (supports multiwindow, circular icons, app shortcuts, and more) + libraries.
- Link handling: Clicking a GB video link can be opened in the app.
- No permissions: Don't need them so I don't request them. :)
- Active development: The other GB Android apps haven't been updated in a while and I'm committed to keeping the app up to date + adding more features.
I'll be monitoring this thread for any feature requests, bug reports, and general feedback. Thanks for checking it out + any feedback!