[iOS App] Bomb Cyclone, a Giant Bomb video app for iOS, is now on iPad!

• 61 results
conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

@dvydra, @theadmin: A few people have brought up watch lists so it's definitely on my radar! I still need to figure out where it would go in the UI and the exact functionality it would involve, but hopefully it's something I can implement pretty quickly once the mini player is done.

Out of interest, would you want the ability the create more than one watch list? Also, should it behave like the site watch list where you add shows, or like YouTube playlists where you add individual videos?

dvydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think for me a single “watch later” list would be enough. I’d just add individual videos to watch to the list.

Thanks for the great app

Brettuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey! Fantastic app!

A couple of questions? Are you pulling the show list from somewhere? Just curious if it is GB themselves that is excluding Flight Club from the list.

Also, I would pay you money to be able to sort my search results by date.

Thanks for all the work! Let me know how I can throw a tip your way.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brettuss: Thanks, I'm glad you dig it!

It looks like Flight Club isn't listed as a show at all which is why it doesn't appear as one in the app. I don't know how easy it is to go back and create shows after the fact, but this might be something @rorie can help with.

I'll definitely look into adding search sort options; this is already in place for regular video results, so it wouldn't be too difficult to expand it to search results.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By conmulligan

Hey folks,

There’s a new TestFlight beta available. If you haven't opted-in already, you can do so here. This update introduces the mini player and includes some significant under the hood changes, including playback logic that’s been rewritten from scratch to resolve several longstanding issues.

Here are some of the things the new playback logic is designed to address:

• Video position not being synced while online.
  • Unable to scrub video while casting.
  • Cast videos restarting from scratch when the app enters the foreground.
  • PiP playback stops when the video sheet is dismissed.

If you encounter any issues with the beta, please let me know! There are a couple of things I’m already aware of, but these should hopefully be resolved in the next build:

• Now Playing info does not appear in Control Center.
  • The mini player UI is not finalised, particularly on iPad, so you may notice some odd layout behaviour or buggy animations.
  • Audio playback may be interrupted when the app is suspended.

I'm particularly interested to hear from people who've had issues casting, because there are so many variables involved that it's hard for me to test comprehensively.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Version 1.3 is now live! Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback and crash reports.

Here's the full changelog:

• Added the Mini Player.
  • You can now mark a video as played.
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent video progress from syncing.
  • Resolved an issue where video playback would reset while casting.
  • Improved Control Center Now Playing support.
  • Addressed an issue where popovers were misaligned.
  • Fixed a layout issue when browsing videos in grid mode.
  • Improved the legibility of vibrant playback controls.
  • Updated the video management UI.
  • Addressed an issue where parts of the UI would be obscured in landscape mode.
  • Resolved a data caching issue.
  • Fixed an issue where casting would fail if the video had previously been played to completion.
reflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just wanted to say thank you again for all the hard work you’ve put into the app and I really appreciate it.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reflex: Cheers! I'm just happy to see people using it, honestly.

Bobbywich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not seeing the Continue Watching header after updating to the latest version.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobbywich: Have you watched any recent videos? There's a bug in the app where the Continue Watching section doesn't appear if you don't have any progress saved in the most recent 50 videos, but you can work around this by watching any recent video and then launching the app from scratch. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll dig a bit deeper!

Bobbywich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers